DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
3 members and 548 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fine $90 For Driving 2mph UNDER The Limit
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Fine $90 For Driving 2mph UNDER The Limit - March 12, 2013, 11:02 AM

Here's a new twist to the game. Now you get fined for COMPLYING with the laws and using better judgment in less than ideal weather conditions.

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Sewing Machine Rider

March 12, 2013, 11:11 AM

I'd give her a ticket every day of the week. She was a left lane parade maker. Move the hell over.

It's called lane discipline...figure it out.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

March 12, 2013, 11:12 AM

Meh, use better judgement in the right lane. If tractor trailers can drive fine at or above the speed limit then she should be able to also. If not move the F over or finish grocery shopping and get back in the kitchen!
Unread
  (#4)
Chasing the dragon

March 12, 2013, 11:12 AM

Didn't MD pass a "move bitch, get out the way" law for slow drivers in the left lane a few years ago?

Even still, it seems dumb to ticket her. Just drop a gear and fly past on the right and mean mug like everyone does on a daily basis.

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#5)
turn or crash....

March 12, 2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Here's a new twist to the game. Now you get fined for COMPLYING with the laws and using better judgment in less than ideal weather conditions.

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington
haha dumb ass stuff. I could see if she was doing like 40MPH in a 65, but come on 63... The ticket is for failure to move right? Is that a real law that you have to move over even if the knucklehead behind you is doing way over the limit??? If so people better start moving, cuz here I come. I'm going to use this as precedence and every time I'm behind someone and want to go faster I'll just call the local police and report a person who just won't move over.... LOL Funny funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayh View Post
Didn't MD pass a "move bitch, get out the way" law for slow drivers in the left lane a few years ago?

Even still, it seems dumb to ticket her. Just drop a gear and fly past on the right and mean mug like everyone does on a daily basis.
apparently so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
I'd give her a ticket every day of the week. She was a left lane parade maker. Move the hell over.

It's called lane discipline...figure it out.
Yeah it really depends on if she was parade making which we have to assume,?? and for how long? Guess it'll be her story vs the cop and we'll see how it plays out.

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX

Last edited by djkouza; March 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

March 12, 2013, 11:14 AM

Wish they would give this ticket out more often.

It might actually convince people to stay out of the left lane unless making a pass.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

March 12, 2013, 11:20 AM

The ticket will likely be tossed.

But I couldnt agree more with ticketing her. You want to be cautious do it in any other lane. 95 has signs everywhere that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right"

I applaud the cop. Need more like these:

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

March 12, 2013, 11:21 AM

finally an enforcement that actually positively benefits commuters as a whole. slow traffic that doesn't move over impedes the flow of cars, and costs everyone time + money. i get tickets for getting the fuck out of everyone's way (in a hurry), i'm glad someone finally got one for not getting the fuck out of the way.

if you wanna drive slower than the flow of traffic, fine but move the fuck over.
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

March 12, 2013, 11:26 AM

stay out the faking left lane then..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 12, 2013, 11:30 AM

There's research on traffic "waves" and the slowdowns/halts that result that suggest that "left lane speed limit enforcer" assholes are responsible for a good chunk of traffic problems in high pop areas.

So, fuck em. I say "Good."

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

March 12, 2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkouza View Post
haha dumb ass stuff. I could see if she was doing like 40MPH in a 65, but come on 63... The ticket is for failure to move right? Is that a real law that you have to move over even if the knucklehead behind you is doing way over the limit??? If so people better start moving, cuz here I come. I'm going to use this as precedence and every time I'm behind someone and want to go faster I'll just call the local police and report a person who just won't move over.... LOL Funny funny stuff.

The left lane is for PASSING! Not for doing your fucking nails, talking on the phone, ready the paper, stuffing your face etc. Move the fuck over so others can carry on about your day. The amount of "speed checkers" in this area is fucking astounding. These are the assholes who either see you passing others in the left lane and get pissed that you are going over the speed limit so they cut you off, block you, then proceed to use their hands to tell you what the speed limit is. Hey you dumb faggot driving the overprice toy car (insert prius, smart car, etc here) fuck off! I dont get in the far right lane and ride your ass do I? NO,

If you don't understand the lane system and the etiquette behind it, then do everyone a favor and either keep your ass at home, or if you find yourself driving in the left lane at or below the speed limit for more than 30 seconds at a time then please carry a tazer and taze yourself right in your dumb face!
Unread
  (#12)
Bored

March 12, 2013, 11:50 AM

totally agree w/ this ticket.

Left lane is for BALLIN... YOU NOT BALLING GET THE FUC OUT THE WAY!
Unread
  (#13)
Playing in the dirt

March 12, 2013, 11:52 AM

Its about time someone got a ticket for this... Why the fuck did she think it was ok to slow down in the left lane.

KTMs and Yamahas
Unread
  (#14)
The last urrbendah

March 12, 2013, 11:55 AM

If this was 2 miles in the other direction, you fuckers would be crying about "nanny state this" and "tax collection by law enforcement that".

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#15)
turn or crash....

March 12, 2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
The left lane is for PASSING! Not for doing your fucking nails, talking on the phone, ready the paper, stuffing your face etc. Move the fuck over so others can carry on about your day. The amount of "speed checkers" in this area is fucking astounding. These are the assholes who either see you passing others in the left lane and get pissed that you are going over the speed limit so they cut you off, block you, then proceed to use their hands to tell you what the speed limit is. Hey you dumb faggot driving the overprice toy car (insert prius, smart car, etc here) fuck off! I dont get in the far right lane and ride your ass do I? NO,

If you don't understand the lane system and the etiquette behind it, then do everyone a favor and either keep your ass at home, or if you find yourself driving in the left lane at or below the speed limit for more than 30 seconds at a time then please carry a tazer and taze yourself right in your dumb face!
Agree, with everything you said. But I'm arguing what her lawyer will argue and WIN with. She was doing the speed limit. (but hopefully the story will get word out that the Police aren't F'ing around and you either move or get a ticket)

I tend to stay in the left lane as not many people are going faster than me, but I always try to get out of the way when someone is going faster (even if I'm already <X> MPH over the limit. Not sure why someone who felt they were "in danger" would get in the fast lane and expect people not to want to ride their ass etc.. Shit it could be a hurricane and there is always someone who thinks they are driver of the decade who is blazing triple digits in high wind/rain etc.. Best bet is like you say stay the fuck out of the fast lane unless you are going fast. Given if she was passing the other 3 lanes who were doing say < 50MPH then ok, but as soon as you get a break GTFO and let traffic flow bitch!

I just want a cow catcher mounted to the front of my car and plow ppl out of the way. I had two asshats block me in the other day on the bike, till they got into a turn and couldn't keep there block LOL I was like PEACE!

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX

Last edited by djkouza; March 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: I like editing
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza