DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 223
5 members and 218 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Diggy, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Finishing off the inside of a trailer...
Unread
  (#1)
Typical Stripper

Finishing off the inside of a trailer... - June 1, 2013, 01:37 PM

I have a bare wood inside enclosed trailer that I just got and I would like to finish it off for better longevity and use. Just took an unsuccessful trip to Home Depot and been surfing all over the net and not sure what to do.

I have the essentials covered - shore power hookup, two flourescent lights, two dual plug setups, Pitbull TRS systems, and some E Track.

What would you recommend for finishing the floor and walls? Any good places to find a 13,500 BTU A/C unit (the roof is already braced for a unit)? Other recommendations from your experiences?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

June 1, 2013, 04:20 PM

DuoTherm/Dometic on Sale! - Adventure RV

This is where I was looking to source one. The 13000 stuff is around $500, but I was actually looking at a low profile. I'm not sure how much that matters. I also talked to the guys at Reines off I66 but never bothered to push much, they may be able to get you into something cheaper.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
otb
AMA Superbike Champ

June 1, 2013, 04:37 PM

This stuff : 4 ft. x 8 ft. White .090 FRP Wall Board-MFTF12IXA480009600 at The Home Depot

is fiberglass reinforced plastics...it'll take a direct hit from anything and not flinch; use it for the walls; it'll keep the inside brighter; NOTHING sticks to it, everything just wipes right off and it won't allow dents and dings in the walls. The stuff is REALLY tough.

It goes up with construction adhesive and there's different trim and corner strips to keep things neat; they get cut to size with simple shears. Sheets get cut with a plastics blade on a jig saw.

Riding fast bikes slowly since 1969....
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Signed up for Track Days!

June 1, 2013, 07:18 PM

Does it have the rear door that lowers to become a ramp? I have a friend that has a trailer like that and he coated that with a no-slip paint. Not sure what's out there specifically, if there is stuff for wood vs concrete vs metal or whatever.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

June 2, 2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otb View Post
This stuff : 4 ft. x 8 ft. White .090 FRP Wall Board-MFTF12IXA480009600 at The Home Depot

is fiberglass reinforced plastics...it'll take a direct hit from anything and not flinch; use it for the walls; it'll keep the inside brighter; NOTHING sticks to it, everything just wipes right off and it won't allow dents and dings in the walls. The stuff is REALLY tough.

It goes up with construction adhesive and there's different trim and corner strips to keep things neat; they get cut to size with simple shears. Sheets get cut with a plastics blade on a jig saw.
19lbs a panel!

-Ryan
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 2, 2013, 06:28 AM

I had the floor and about 2 feet up the walls done with Line-X. It has held up pretty well after many seasons of serious dirt bike racing.

I wanted to add a deep cycle battery with a solar charger on the roof and replace the fluorescent lights with led running off the battery. Then I would always have light wherever it was parked. Not really racing anymore and will probably sell the trailer, so I am not going to bother with it.
Unread
  (#7)
Typical Stripper

June 2, 2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menotomy View Post
Does it have the rear door that lowers to become a ramp? I have a friend that has a trailer like that and he coated that with a no-slip paint. Not sure what's out there specifically, if there is stuff for wood vs concrete vs metal or whatever.
It does have a ramp door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
I had the floor and about 2 feet up the walls done with Line-X. It has held up pretty well after many seasons of serious dirt bike racing.

I wanted to add a deep cycle battery with a solar charger on the roof and replace the fluorescent lights with led running off the battery. Then I would always have light wherever it was parked. Not really racing anymore and will probably sell the trailer, so I am not going to bother with it.
What was the cost on that?

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 2, 2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
It does have a ramp door

What was the cost on that?
It was part of a sponsorship package, but as I recall it would have been $1200ish. It is based on square footage. You can buy the stuff by the gallon and do it yourself also for a good savings. Get into all the corners, cracks and crevices real good, and come up the wall a bit. Then you can just hose the trailer out if needed without worrying about getting the wood wet and rotting out.
Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

June 2, 2013, 07:24 AM

Yea - I definately won't be putting that much $$ into just the flooring.

Anyone have experience with this stuff? Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

June 2, 2013, 07:50 AM

I know a few guys who have painted their entire truck with that Monstaliner and it seems to be holding up well (these are off-road rigs)

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#11)
Typical Stripper

June 2, 2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gots_a_sol View Post
I know a few guys who have painted their entire truck with that Monstaliner and it seems to be holding up well (these are off-road rigs)
Probably a lot more abuse than the inside of my trailer will see.

Unread
  (#12)
Typical Stripper

June 2, 2013, 09:11 AM

Hmmmmm Herculiner looks like it might be an option...

Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

June 2, 2013, 10:45 AM

You can finish the floor and sides in Duplicolor Bed Armor. Works on wood, metal and fiberglass.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
GDMFSOB

June 2, 2013, 08:37 PM

I was considering this when I get a trailer ArmorRenew: Concrete & Wood Resurfacer, Deck, Patio & Porch Resurfacing Systems, Slip-Resistant Surface Refinishing | Armor Poxy

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#15)
Typical Stripper

June 3, 2013, 08:24 AM

Good suggestion Dean... stuff is pretty $$ compared to some of the others.