DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
2 members and 563 guests
Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Found A Good Source For Used Android Phones
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Found A Good Source For Used Android Phones - April 24, 2011, 05:11 PM

Much safer way to buy/sell used Android phones

http://swappa.com/

Swappa is a marketplace for buying and selling gently used Android devices. Only fully functional, ready to activate Android devices are allowed (no phones with bad ESNs, water damage or cracked screens). Selling a device is free and easy. Buying a device is easy too. There are no auctions and no confusion to what's being bought and sold. A listing's price includes shipping costs and other fees. Overall, Swappa provides a streamlined experience for buying and selling gently used, fully functional Android devices. Read nice things people are saying about Swappa... Every day, hundreds-of-thousands of new Android devices are sold and activated. When this happens, perfectly good, not-so-old Android devices are set aside and often forgotten about. Swappa wants to help these Androids find new homes. Swappa was launched in December 2010. See what the Android community and press have said about Swappa... Why Swappa? Why buyers use Swappa: Get new device without having to extend your carrier contract Get recently released Android device on the cheap Why sellers use Swappa: Upgrade to new devices more often Get money for your last Android device All listings on Swappa meet the following criteria (according to the Seller): All devices are fully functional All devices have clean ESN/MEIDs (have not been reported lost or stolen) All devices are free of water damage and screen cracks All listings include shipping costs and other fees

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

April 24, 2011, 09:19 PM

Whats the best droid on that list that is on Verizon?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

April 24, 2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Whats the best droid on that list that is on Verizon?
I've owned the original moto droid and the moto droid x and loved the droid x. very sturdy, never gave me problems, took good pictures. I've got one for sale that I haven't gotten a chance to put a classified up for yet
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

April 24, 2011, 10:54 PM

I heard the battery life on the Droids was pitiful. Processor draws it down too fast.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
in Yamaland

April 24, 2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist
I heard the battery life on the Droids was pitiful. Processor draws it down too fast.
This is one of the big reasons I'm turning into an apple guy. Between battery life and the constant force closes that come along with android, I'm giving up on it.

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 25, 2011, 01:46 AM

Man, I gotta tell you, all these phone reviews are just stupid pointless rambling to fill pages for advertising and traffic.

I read all that crap for months and finally settled on the new super duper Galaxy S (Epic 4G with Sprint).

Then I actually started using it and learned that most of these phones have crap battery that doesn't last at all. It always needs to be charged - and it charges slow as hell cause Sprint is too cheap to give you a real charger. (they give you the stupid USB cord that has a power outlet attachment.)

Then I learned that I can't really use my phone outside in Sunlight because you can't see the damn screen. What good is a phone that is usually out of power and you can't really use outside? Not much good.

And most 'smart phones' will have the same issues, including Iphone. Until they work out these two big problems, these phones will be nothing but a gimmick to me.

(I forgot to say that the reception call quality is waaaay worse than my 10 year old phones as well.)

My advice is to not buy into the hype and get stuck paying big monthly bills. Just get an older phone, or prepaid phone. It will be cheap and it will work much better as a phone... you know... to make phone calls and stuff.
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

April 25, 2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
better as a phone... you know... to make phone calls and stuff.
And Wall Street is the best movie you'll see this year.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#8)
Say Jur Oh

April 25, 2011, 09:36 AM

I've got a Droid2 that has never given me one ounce of problems.

I don't know what others are doing on theirs to draw down the battery, but the life on mine is great, and I use data push (the most battery intensive) for my personal and corporate emails rather than a 15 minute or more fetch interval.

I think people just tend to have unrealistic expectations. Don't think you can turn on GPS navigation for 2 hours unplugged without destroying the battery.

With normal usage, a call or two a day, some text messaging, and data push for emails, I get 2 days out of a single charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

April 25, 2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
Man, I gotta tell you, all these phone reviews are just stupid pointless rambling to fill pages for advertising and traffic.

I read all that crap for months and finally settled on the new super duper Galaxy S (Epic 4G with Sprint).

Then I actually started using it and learned that most of these phones have crap battery that doesn't last at all. It always needs to be charged - and it charges slow as hell cause Sprint is too cheap to give you a real charger. (they give you the stupid USB cord that has a power outlet attachment.)

Then I learned that I can't really use my phone outside in Sunlight because you can't see the damn screen. What good is a phone that is usually out of power and you can't really use outside? Not much good.

And most 'smart phones' will have the same issues, including Iphone. Until they work out these two big problems, these phones will be nothing but a gimmick to me.

(I forgot to say that the reception call quality is waaaay worse than my 10 year old phones as well.)

My advice is to not buy into the hype and get stuck paying big monthly bills. Just get an older phone, or prepaid phone. It will be cheap and it will work much better as a phone... you know... to make phone calls and stuff.
Sounds like you didn't read the phone reviews that are just stupid pointless rambling.

You would have found out all these issues before you purchased it.

Some phones are definitely better than others. All have strengths and weaknesses.