DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
0 members and 532 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
France The Target of Another Terrorist Mass Killing - Truck Kills 73
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

France The Target of Another Terrorist Mass Killing - Truck Kills 73 - July 14, 2016, 07:00 PM

What is France suddenly a hub and target for terrorism?

This is the third mass murder in less than year with a fourth being foiled by.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tr...france-n609621

GRAPHIC post footage:
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=814_1468533717

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 14, 2016, 07:52 PM

massive amounts of immigration leading to a huge muslim population. Backlash from that lead to some laws like the Burqa ban, and you have an environment ripe for extremism to take root.

Cue Obama "We may never know the motivation of the attacker..."

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
RIP Jeff Vega

July 14, 2016, 08:00 PM

Absolutely horrible! WTF is wrong with poeple
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

July 14, 2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
massive amounts of immigration leading to a huge muslim population. Backlash from that lead to some laws like the Burqa ban, and you have an environment ripe for extremism to take root.

Cue Obama "We may never know the motivation of the attacker..."
Cue Feinstein: "We need a ban on deadly automatic trucks. They should not be in the hands of civilians and are far too easy for criminals to get ahold of."

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 14, 2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Cue Feinstein: "We need a ban on deadly automatic trucks. They should not be in the hands of civilians and are far too easy for criminals to get ahold of."
If we limit trucks to 3 wheels, and require background checks for their purchase, and stop this "craigslist loophole" , we'll be fine

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

July 14, 2016, 09:45 PM

It wasn't a truck that killed the people. It was an Islamist. We all should try to avoid categorical errors by confusing mechanism with agency.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
TNT
GP Champ

July 15, 2016, 12:16 AM

People doing terrible things. I still can't understand it - it's a degree of insanity with which I am unfamiliar (note: insanity is not an excuse - you must, by definition, be insane to murder people).

I'll refrain from politicizing and jeering about our own steadily eroding Bill of Rights, though I am sorely tempted. There will be plenty of time for that later.

I am not sure if I am more or less comfortable that I'm not seeing a whole bunch of French flag overlays on facebook. It's almost always a trite, mostly-empty gesture (I liken it to the once-per-year flag waving festival on Independence Day, where everyone is a patriot for about 6 hours). But I can't help but worry that we are becoming desensitized to events like this. A feeling of "ah, well, shit happens," whenever it's not in our backyard.

Make no mistake, I understand that terrible crimes have been committed throughout the world for the entirety of human history, and we aren't necessarily becoming more evil as a whole. But it is clear that we are confronted with news of such occurrences more often than in the past. So, will this abundance of sensational news ever do anything other than pique our momentary curiosity? Will it make us more, or less responsive to the ills of the world? I'm a bit unsure even judging my own reactions at this point.

Last edited by TNT; July 15, 2016 at 12:21 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 15, 2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
It wasn't a truck that killed the people. It was an Islamist. We all should try to avoid categorical errors by confusing mechanism with agency.
No, it was yet another isolated, lone wolf, totally unrelated to islam. Get with the program

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

July 15, 2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
No, it was yet another isolated, lone wolf, totally unrelated to islam. Get with the program
Have they found any relationship to extremism or ties to middle east of the suspect? Genuinely asking, as i havnt had time to look up any recent updates on the suspect but so far ive only gathered the dude was a depressed nitjob who was a criminal and abusive going througha bitter divorce and wasnt religiois in any way
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

July 15, 2016, 02:29 PM

The question though is what is the solution. No doubt Islamic Extremist Ideology must be addressed and combated by muslims (as well as non muslims). But the ideology of western interventionism and having "allies" that are really no different than groups like ISIS (e.g, Saudi Arabia) must be addressed and stopped as well because this is a contributor to terrorism as well. So ive always found it humorous whne people say this is a muslim problem, caused by muslims and they need to fix it! No, this is also a western intervention problem that needs to be fixed by us.

Its really a fucked up situation. For example, many of the terrorists that we fight in Iraq are Libyan. So we fight them in Iraq, they go back to Libya, and we support them to over throw Ghaddafi. This game of chess must stop so we can achieve world peace.

Last edited by jasper; July 15, 2016 at 02:35 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 15, 2016, 03:18 PM

Crack open a few more history books

Yes, we've made things worse recently with interventionism

However, the ENTIRE HISTORY of islam is one bloody conquest (or attempted conquest) after another. Time and again groups of them try to establish their caliphates and purge the nonbelievers.

Everyone LOVEs to say "Oh but Christians have done awful things too! The crusades!!!"

what everyone forgets is that the first crusade started after decades of muslim bloodthirstiness and aggression.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#12)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 15, 2016, 03:24 PM

Of course, france has had a rough time of it lately...

March 2012:
A French Algerian killed three soldiers, a teacher and three young students at a Jewish school in Toulouse. He was later shot dead.

23 May 2013:
A convert to Islam named as Alexandre Dhaussy stabbed a French soldier in the neck at La Defense in Paris. The soldier survived the attack.

December 2014:
A French national born in Burundi attacked several police officers at a station in Joue-les-Tours. He had a knife and shouted "Allahu Akbar". He was shot dead.

7 January 2015:
Saïd and Chérif Kouachi shoot dead 12 people at the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

8 January 2015:
Amedy Coulibaly killed a policewoman before entering a Jewish supermarket in Paris where he shot dead four others. Both Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers were later shot dead by police.

26 June 2015:
In a chemical factory near Grenoble, one man was beheaded and several others were injured. One man was arrested in what President François Hollande called a terror attack.

21 August 2015:
Three off-duty American marines overpowered an armed gunman on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. Three people including the suspect were injured. The Americans and several other passengers held the man down until police arrived. He was later arrested in Arras, northern France.

13 November 2015:
Scores dead as men armed with Kalashnikovs and grenades carried out a series of attacks at restaurants, a concert hall and outside the Stade de France in Paris. President Hollande closed the borders and declared a state of national emergency.

13 June 2016: A police officer and his wife, a police secretary, were stabbed to death inside their home near Paris by a man who said he had pledged allegiance to Islamic State.

14 July 2016: More than 80 people were killed and scores injured when a terrorist drove a lorry into a crowd of Bastille Day revellers in Nice.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#13)
Meh

July 15, 2016, 03:27 PM

Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

July 15, 2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Crack open a few more history books

Yes, we've made things worse recently with interventionism

However, the ENTIRE HISTORY of islam is one bloody conquest (or attempted conquest) after another. Time and again groups of them try to establish their caliphates and purge the nonbelievers.

Everyone LOVEs to say "Oh but Christians have done awful things too! The crusades!!!"

what everyone forgets is that the first crusade started after decades of muslim bloodthirstiness and aggression.

LOL. This is just false. there is literally no difference in aggression when it comes across different groups of people historically and the desire to occupy and take over land. Greed is human nature. To even suggest that there is a difference and then sidestep the issue indicates a bias.

To be quite frank, your response was completely irrelevant and i really see no connection with the issues at hand (extremist ideology and interventionism) which is causing violence today. I mean really, you didnt even address anything I said. Its this cognitive dissonace we need to fix as Americans and the muslims need to address their cognitive dissonance in these muslim countries as well when it comes to their extermist ideologies. But what we cannot do is on one hand say you guys need to reform your ideologies, but then at the same time support those countries that have the same extremist ideologies, its common sense really.
Unread
  (#15)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 15, 2016, 04:28 PM

I never said interventionism wasn't a problem, or that supporting extremism wasn't a problem

In fact, I admitted it was

My point is, the problem with Islam was a problem before our interventionism, a claim easily backed up by history, and the prophets own writings

As to your first point, I also never suggested that anyone els wasn't greedy. Saying "but he does it to" isn't a valid defense of Islam.

It has been, since its inception, a violent, bloodthirsty religion. It subjugates non believers and women. I'd post examples but you wouldn't read them anyway and I tire of people defending a religion that has been happily slaughtering for almost all of its 1400 year existence

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!