DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 536
4 members and 532 guests
boomboom929, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Free EZ Pass?
Unread
  (#1)
idiot

Free EZ Pass? - July 27, 2008, 01:57 PM

So my dad told me there is some DMV in VA that you can get a free EZ pass with no monthly fee. Is this true? And if so where can I get it?

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
08 Honda CBR600RR (wrecked)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Olde Pfart (tm)

July 27, 2008, 02:04 PM

EZPass NOVA office is at 610 Herndon Pkwy, Herndon, VA.

"They who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin

Every politician should serve two terms... one in office followed immediately by an equal or longer-length one in jail... except in New Jersey where jail time is a pre-requisite to holding office.

Donkeys and Elephants belong in a zoo, not Congress.

#include <wit.h>
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Darth Piper  
Unread
  (#3)
Spike

July 27, 2008, 02:10 PM

I call bull ...when was the last time DMV offered ANYTHING for free?

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#4)
TPG

July 27, 2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz
I call bull ...when was the last time DMV offered ANYTHING for free?
This... Soon they will charge your for parking.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

July 27, 2008, 09:08 PM

sounds like bs to me.

-RRaj
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRaj  
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

July 27, 2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonballGB
So my dad told me there is some DMV in VA that you can get a free EZ pass with no monthly fee. Is this true? And if so where can I get it?
First of all, its not the DMV, its the EZ Pass people. You go to the EZ Pass office...address noted above by Darth Piper. When you sign up, they will give you a transponder "for free". But, you do have to put a deposit down ($35 when I did it long ago, not sure of the deposit right now) which you will get back in full when you return the transponder. I've had mine for nearly 12 years on the same $35 deposit, even though I've had to return it twice when the batteries began to wear out...they replace it free. You also have to sign up with a credit card. The make an initial charge to "fill" your account, which is debited each time you go thru the booths, and is automatically charged again when the balance gets down to about $20 (the yellow light goes on to let you know your account is low, then they charge your card automatically). So, the transponder is technically free, the deposit is refundable when you quit the service, and the toll charges come out of the account automatically, but are billed in about $120 increments to keep your account full.
Unread
  (#7)
I'm so tired

July 27, 2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitPig
the toll charges come out of the account automatically, but are billed in about $120 increments to keep your account full.
WOW....they sure did up the price on refilling them. I have one and when it gets low, they only refill it with another 35.00. Then when that gets low again, they do another 35.00. How come they fill yours with 120.00? Is that something you requested?

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#8)
Posting Nothing Relevant

July 27, 2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRydr
WOW....they sure did up the price on refilling them. I have one and when it gets low, they only refill it with another 35.00. Then when that gets low again, they do another 35.00. How come they fill yours with 120.00? Is that something you requested?
+1, i got mine a few months ago and its just $35 when it gets down to $1.50 i think. either way, its not monthly or anything either, just when it hits that bottom limit it takes the next $35.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#9)
idiot

July 28, 2008, 02:08 AM

Sweet, thanks for the responses. I'll be getting mine this week.

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
08 Honda CBR600RR (wrecked)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)
Unread
  (#10)
Where is the gas pedal?

July 28, 2008, 06:36 AM

I got mine from New York, no charge at all, use a CC to setup the account, then depending on how much you use it, they will refill ~1/month or when ever you need more, say when you have less than $10.

Since they are all easypass, works up and down the east coast.

http://www.e-zpassny.com/

Logic is a crutch for people who lack creativity -- me

'06 BMW K1200R [sold]
'00 SUZ SV650 [sold]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to e90jimmy  
Unread
  (#11)
Someone fix my car

July 28, 2008, 07:34 AM

I actually signed up online yesterday and mine was the $35 deposit and an initial $35 from the CC they require but I don't think mine has the auto load feature unless that was in the fine print I always neglect to read?
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

July 28, 2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRydr
Actually, I have four of them, one for each car, so that accounts for the $120 (4x$30). Didn't think about that when I wrote the first time.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 28, 2008, 08:35 AM

When I first got mine I had $75, and it would refill when it got down to $10 with another $75. Since I use it every day and take the green way, I got a letter stating that they were going to up the refill amount so there were less transactions. Before it would refill which seemed like weekly the $75, but not thats its $105 it does it about every 3 weeks.
Unread
  (#14)
need more knee down

July 28, 2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdacr
When I first got mine I had $75, and it would refill when it got down to $10 with another $75. Since I use it every day and take the green way, I got a letter stating that they were going to up the refill amount so there were less transactions. Before it would refill which seemed like weekly the $75, but not thats its $105 it does it about every 3 weeks.
I had this happen with my MD ezpass when i used to run the harbor/mchenry tunnels daily. they bumped my refills from $20 to $50 so i was only charged once a month to refill my account. I didnt have to put a deposit down though for my transponders. I have two (one for myself and another I got a year later for my gf when she came up to bmore to see me before i moved to va) and they just made sure my cc was in good standing and that was enough for them. I still have the md account and transponders for our cars and they work fine. Guess md is more trusting?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

July 28, 2008, 12:54 PM

I dont think i paid a deposit either...