DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 191
1 members and 190 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Freecreditreport.com=SCAM
Unread
  (#1)
TPG og

Freecreditreport.com=SCAM - June 11, 2009, 01:31 PM

Just to let yall know, not only are those commercials seriously retarded but freecreditreport.com is a scam. To even get your credit report you MUST enroll in their crappy credit monitoring services. The ONLY GENUINLEY free way to get your credit report is http://www.annualcreditreport.com , as listed by the FTC here http://www.ftc.gov/freereports The ONLY way! Don't listen to that dbag in the pirate costume. Also beware they try to sell their credit services really hard but the credit report itself is free. I liked Experians the best. The only catch is you can only do this once a year for free. Don't buy their services, they're not neccessary (unlike those freecreditreport scam artisits). It also doesn't give you your credit score but everything else including a full history is included. freecreditreport just capitalizes on bait and switch technique and misinformed people.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#2)
#swag

June 11, 2009, 01:32 PM

I got my credit report from them for free. Just cancel within the 7 days or whatever it is, and you won't get charged anything

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

June 11, 2009, 01:35 PM

Thats cool you did, but any company that advertises like they do on tv seems like the infomercial type where once they get your card number they never give it up (see Extenze, Video professor, etc.) That and sometime's people forget to cancel stuff! Annual is the only government/FTC approved free credit report out there.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

June 11, 2009, 01:53 PM

I did the same thing I got my credit score for free from them canceled the same day and no complaints over here... So what are u talking about?

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Fuhgeddaboutit!

June 11, 2009, 01:57 PM

So I wasn't the only one who got pissed off by that.

This is the legit site https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp You can get all three TU/EXP/EQF once a year for free (thanks to the government, I believe). Additional free reports if you're a victim of fraud and place an alert on your file.

Edit: Oh I'm blind, you already posted that link, lol.

Last edited by StrayR6; June 11, 2009 at 02:03 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
TPG - screw face

June 11, 2009, 02:01 PM

the hip hop one they got with them workin at the pool is kinda good though
Unread
  (#7)
TPG og

June 11, 2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiixerFiend7 View Post
I did the same thing I got my credit score for free from them canceled the same day and no complaints over here... So what are u talking about?
Freecreditreport is a bait and switch. You can already get your free credit report from annualcreditreport.com, you don't have to sign up or cancel anything. No credit cards involved, its the only one the Federal government says is legitley free.

Freecreditreport is already under investigation for false advertising and the shady tactics they use to seperate you from your money.

Last edited by b00st; June 11, 2009 at 02:10 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 11, 2009, 02:18 PM

Not to throw fire on your flame, but at the end of the commercial for at LEAST a year now the announcer says "Free Credit report pertains only to enrollment in Triple Advantage" as well as it says it in writing at the bottom of the page that you must enroll Triple advantage and there are fees involved.

They even say this on the radio commercial, so I agree it can be a bit misleading if you DON'T LISTEN, but it isn't really a scam. You do get a free credit report if you pay for the next 11 months of service.

With that said,you are correct, there are better ways to get a free report if that is what you are truly after.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

June 11, 2009, 02:54 PM

I see what your saying Guzzler, I know it isn't a "scam" in the traditional sense, just giving people a heads up. They already had to pay out a lawsuit to the FTC a few years ago and were targeted in the Credit Card Act of 2009 for their deceptive practices. Just wanted to tell folks they can get their free credit report without dealing with freecreditreport.com and not having to worry about canceling anything or being enrolled in any program like theirs.
Unread
  (#10)
Out of Action

June 11, 2009, 02:56 PM

It becomes more "scam-like" in that it is quite difficult to figure out how to cancel your freecreditreport.com monitoring subscription.

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#11)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 11, 2009, 05:06 PM

free credit report dot com, tell your friends, tell your dad, tell your mom

but seriously, although i've never looked into it their site, it does smell scammish just from the way they advertise it. They're making a killing off of the mis-informed people I guess. Its very easy to ACTUALLY GET IT FOR FREE WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED....just contact the federal credit bureau's

Last edited by ---> Venom <---; June 11, 2009 at 05:09 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

June 12, 2009, 07:53 AM

Those types of sites are a little confusing and aren't up front with what sort of service they are. My mother was recently trying to get her FREE reports and I had to send her to the site listed above, which is the only place you can get it with no strings attached.

My wife and I pay a monthly fee to one of these not really free credit report services. We can check our reports, scores and get alerts when something happens with any of the credit agencies.
Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

June 12, 2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---> Venom <--- View Post
free credit report dot com, tell your friends, tell your dad, tell your mom

but seriously, although i've never looked into it their site, it does smell scammish just from the way they advertise it. They're making a killing off of the mis-informed people I guess. Its very easy to ACTUALLY GET IT FOR FREE WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED....just contact the federal credit bureau's

www.annualcreditreport.com They do try to sell you on their extra services, but they ain't required to get the free report (unlike the douchebag freecreditreport).
Unread
  (#14)
Snuggly Jeff can't b dead

June 12, 2009, 10:51 AM

I've been paying for their services for a year and I can't complain. Anytime I want to go on and check my report or score, I can. They do send emails to let you know anytime a change is posted to your report.

For a free report, they deliver, you just have to enroll, then cancel once you receive it. But I like keeping a close eye on my credit and don't mind paying a few bucks a month to get alerted, just in case someone ever tries to steal my identity or open a bogus account under my name, I'll know about it ASAP and not be fighting it over a year later.

'06 Sparkiling Graphite 600RR
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to andyman97  
Unread
  (#15)
Contributor

June 12, 2009, 11:47 AM

annualcreditreport.com = Free until you want scores

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707