DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
2 members and 538 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
GAH!!! My ***Political*** Thread
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

GAH!!! My ***Political*** Thread - April 6, 2007, 09:26 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/...eut/index.html

short story - Nancy Pelosi (New speaker of the house for the majority democrats) goes to the middle east to at least talk to the Syrians. She is the highest ranking member to visit Syria in two years (the administration has boycotted talks because of Syrias support for "terrorism"... let's ignore the fact that America is directly responsible for state sponsored terrorism itself, in multiple multiple instances). She says some shit that's a bit above her pay-grade... it's true stuff... but not really appropriate for her to talk on.

My problem: Cheney goes berserk... instead of DEALING with Syria... the problems at the core of WHY they are sponsoring terrorism... or even addressing the issues that Israel and Syria will at some freakin point need to deal with. He uses it as a platform to blast away at his opposition party...

My opinion: Hell dude, at least she's DOING something about it. At least she is in the shit trying to reason with people instead of alienating them with attrition tactics such as UN sanctions and economic pressures that only really effect the poor and helpless and make the leaders... who aren't suffering from hunger and poor healthcare... pissed with a united repressed poor rallying behind them. THIS IS WHY WHOLE COUNTRIES HATE AMERICA!!! This is why!!!

My solution: Many wrongs have taken place... it is time to come to the table to lay fault at rest because the ONLY way anything is going to be accomplished or a solution reached is for people to stop blaming and start fixing.

It wont happen... it's like trying to ask a bunch of adults on this board, in the middle of a side argument, to actually stop and readdress the real problems. It doesn't happen.

It's not that people aren't capable of addressing thier own faults and dealing with them... it's just that it's so much easier to yell and point fingers, to get caught up on irrelevant arguments for small victories... because deep down, often times, we don't actually want the resolution.

My rant. Comments always welcome. Yes I realize this is a bike board and not a political blog, now go re-post the shit you found on the other board so you can feel like you contributed.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Ling Long

April 6, 2007, 09:38 AM

Everyone is so focused on Syria and Iran when, technically, they're supporting our "allied" forces in Iraq by providing them with munitions, safe-havens and training.

Most terrorism, today, is funded by one of our "allies", Saudi Arabia. We were going to do something about it at one point and began pulling troops out of PSAB (Prince Sultan Air Bace) but tucked our nuts back and focused on Iran instead.

As for Cheney: Well, Dick is a party man and will do anything he can to further his parties position with elections coming up next year.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

April 6, 2007, 09:53 AM

Read this shit...

In an interview with ABC News, Vice President Dick Cheney said al-Assad has "been isolated and cut off because of his bad behavior, and the unfortunate thing about the speaker's visit is it sort of breaks down that barrier."

Al-Zamel (saudi official) also praised Pelosi's visit to Syria, saying Syria "is part of this Arab world, part of the issues to be resolved, and to ignore people gets you nowhere."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

You'd think he was the principle, chiding a small child instead of a leader of a soveriegn state. The arrogance here is astounding... simply amazing...

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Last edited by B; April 6, 2007 at 09:58 AM..
Unread
  (#4)
singin sweet home alabama

April 6, 2007, 12:58 PM

I can't find anything smart to repost from another board today so Ima keep quiet today.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#5)
Inquire photoshoot within

April 6, 2007, 12:59 PM

Doesnt suprise me Cheney acted this way. He is a huge piece of shit

I <3 my Honda.
Weaksauce.org
WDCR SCCA #45/20
Weapon of choice-Rebel XT

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MotoBlairF4  
Unread
  (#6)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

April 6, 2007, 01:06 PM

Beware:

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

April 6, 2007, 02:25 PM

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...607243,00.html

Points of note:
This is a VERY left wing interpretation. But I love strong opinion because it's never vague or hazy in it's meaning. You have to cut a lot of bullshit out, but some great points are often made in the middle of rants.

I bolded some interesting observations......

The three big Bush stories of 2007--the decision to "surge" in Iraq, the scandalous treatment of wounded veterans at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the firing of eight U.S. Attorneys for tawdry political reasons--precisely illuminate the three qualities that make this Administration one of the worst in American history: arrogance (the surge), incompetence (Walter Reed) and cynicism (the U.S. Attorneys).

Cynicism is a stretch... everyones cynical... I'd say the problem is with dealing with others who hold to a different opinion or even achieving resolution... in ANY form.

General David Petraeus has repeatedly said, "A military solution to Iraq is not possible." Translation: This thing fails unless there is a political deal among the Shi'ites, Sunnis and Kurds. There is no such deal on the horizon, largely because of the President's aversion to talking to people he doesn't like.

I think it's interesting to see how this administration is dealing with conflict. It's being nearly universally viewed as a negative and ineffective response. Were america and iraq two adults in conflict we would laugh at thier childishness...

SV650s for SALE!!!

Last edited by B; April 6, 2007 at 02:28 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
Ling Long

April 6, 2007, 02:28 PM

Wow, for once I agree with Ben politically.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

April 6, 2007, 02:29 PM

Not sure that it entirely makes sense for the 2nd person in line to the president should go visit a country that we are currently levying sanctions against. Regardless of the fact that you may disagree or not with the Presidents policy, the place to display that displeasure is here in the States and not openly in front of people who have adopted positions in direct opposition to us. We look the fool when we have two of the higher politically ranking officials doing two completely different things.

BTW...what exactly is Nancy Pelosi going to accomplish.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Brainwash Your Face!

April 6, 2007, 02:49 PM

Come to the Anti-Flag show with me tomorrow

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

April 6, 2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Not sure that it entirely makes sense for the 2nd person in line to the president should go visit a country that we are currently levying sanctions against. Regardless of the fact that you may disagree or not with the Presidents policy, the place to display that displeasure is here in the States and not openly in front of people who have adopted positions in direct opposition to us. We look the fool when we have two of the higher politically ranking officials doing two completely different things.

I think the problem is the hardline tactics that the administration uses... the "for us or against us" sort of ideal... so people are deciding to go against them...

Perhaps it's time to look the fool a little more and stop being so foolish, cause not looking the fool and making fool decisions isn't working.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

April 6, 2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
She has created another line for talks... this one COMPLETELY untainted by American Presidential influence... it's actually rather ingenious. Neither party is adverse to talking... though they feel the need to have a bunch of stipulations...

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#13)
Meh

April 6, 2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
I think the problem is the hardline tactics that the administration uses... the "for us or against us" sort of ideal... so people are deciding to go against them...

Perhaps it's time to look the fool a little more and stop being so foolish, cause not looking the fool and making fool decisions isn't working.
Granted, I do not believe that the us or them mentality has a place at the table of democracy, however, these are people that are firmly allied with people that are calling for the distruction of a sovreign nation and in many a political speech...us. I am not sure that negotiation is the most applicable policy to adobt when dealing with people that live by the sword and die by sword.
Unread
  (#14)
subUrban Warrior

April 6, 2007, 11:03 PM

Without taking a Red/Blue side, it's not the Speakers place to speak for the USA outside of the country.

Should the Sec State go up to the Hill next week to work on issues she thinks are being handled wrong? Or a Supreme Court Justice wandering over to the Senate.

It's easy for Pelosi to take on one issue and grandstand without knowing all of the delicate issues affecting the middle east. Any one of us could have done what she did if we were given the access. She had nothing to loose and everything to gain by going. Assad had everything to gain.

International diplomacy is a difficult game. Pelosi is a congresswoman ... not even a Senator. She is not given the background briefings needed to take on the task she threw herself into.

Don't let your opinion of the President or political affiliation influence your judgement on this. It's not about that.

Pelosi stuck her nose in a beehive and emerged unstung. But that doesn't mean all is well. We have three branches of government for a reason.

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#15)
Ballaugh Bridge

April 6, 2007, 11:25 PM

The Logan Act

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 45 > 953

953. Private correspondence with foreign governments

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship