DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 689
3 members and 686 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

September 7, 2005, 07:32 AM

I found this online. Please pass it on to others. Its worth a try.

really like this idea. The only comment I would add it this..... Do you think the oil companies were making
fat cash when the price of gas was $1.50 per gallon? You bet your booty. From my business experience,
price isn't determined by what the product costs to produce, it is determined by what the market will bear.....
and currently our market is bearing $2.50+ per gallon. With no action the cost will only go up. For those of
you who were with me in Kuwait, have you seen more Mercedes, Porsches, Ferrari's, BMW's, etc anywhere
else? Not even in L.A. I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of summer. Want gasoline
prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good
idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going
around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to
"hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and
join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75
for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75; we need to take aggressive action to teach them
that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are
going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!
And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop
buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's the
idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now
are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple
to do!! Now, don't wimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more
(30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000). and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people; we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been
contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all
that you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL.
That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10
people.... well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you
and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Luscious  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

September 7, 2005, 07:41 AM

No, this won't work. Quit spreading spam like this around.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 7, 2005, 07:46 AM

Oil is a finite resource. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

September 7, 2005, 07:47 AM

@Woody....How do you know it won't work? Have you come up with anything better? What do you suggest? I'd rather try something than to continue to do nothing and continue to get screwed by the oil companies. Why do you think the gas prices are so high? Its because we have no choice but to pay them. The oil companies are setting these ridiculous prices b/c we have to pay them. If we find a way to hit someone's pocket why wouldn't changes be made? The person is not suggesting that we avoid buying gas altogether as I've seen on some sites. They just say boycott one or two companies. YOU CAN STILL BUY GAS. If you don't want to try it...fine...but don't try to discourage others from trying.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Luscious  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 7, 2005, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
No, this won't work. Quit spreading spam like this around.
+1

Woody's right, this won't work. I've been seeing variations of this same spam email fly around the internet for years, and last time i checked Exxon/Mobil were doing just fine.

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
Unread
  (#6)
One and Only

September 7, 2005, 07:54 AM

How, exactly, are you getting screwed by any oil companies?

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

September 7, 2005, 07:58 AM

Simple.

Law of Supply and Demand.

Right now the demand is higher than the supply. Not that we don't have enough oil. OPEC could increase the number of barrels to an infinite amount per day. However, if we don't have the capacity in our refineries to refine the oil into gasoline ... doesn't matter. Therefore the government will never meet the demand. That is just ONE reason for the prices.

Maybe a price war is what we need to create ... I have NO idea. I'm almost resigned to the fact that the prices will just be high and I'll just have to pay them. This is why I have a hybrid (and a bike). Of course, my Tahoe is not helping me out AT ALL!

SOLUTION: COLDFUSION.

Could someone (a physicist) figure that out real quick? Alternate fuel sources would be a great help 'bout now.

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

September 7, 2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
How, exactly, are you getting screwed by any oil companies?
By them driving up the price of their own product by closing refineries and investing in oil futures.

If Bush wasnt in office this never would have happened, Exxon would not have been allowed to merge with Mobil, and the Democrats would have regulated oil companies by now.

IMO thats the only way to get the prices back down, regulate so that they are forced to open up the refineries and have their profits regulated - something fair like 15% a year, then elliminate state by state gas types and make 1 common product for all 50 states, increasing efficiency. Also make it illegal for oil compaines to invest in oil futures, force them to dump their oil futures at a reasonable price ( say 50$ a barrel ) on the market for an immediate impact.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

September 7, 2005, 10:52 AM

i tink it's a conspiracy to force americans to start thinking of alternative transportation resources public transportation, carpooling, telecommuting, etc.

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#10)
Signed up for Track Days!

September 7, 2005, 10:56 AM

It just sucks.
Gotta realize oil isn't gonna be around forever. Stock up for your bikes now.
Motorcycle Consumer News did an article on a solar powered motorcycle, but it looks like something out of star wars. I don't care if I don't have gas for my car.... but I'm gonna miss my bike.

Sara

wtf mate?
04 FZ6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Kink  
Unread
  (#11)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
September 7, 2005, 11:17 AM

Kneedrag you are a moron. What do you think drives government? Money Big money. You think tobacco has coin. Tobacco is a peon in comparisson hell, the Nra doest even exist in the oil world.

Your statement of its Bushes fault is simply stupid. Yeah he called god and asked for a hurricane and told a bunch of people in LA that they would be OK.

Also good luck regulating companies in other countrys

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#12)
Typical Stripper

September 7, 2005, 11:21 AM

Easy everyone...

Relax.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
September 7, 2005, 11:22 AM

You forgot the Coronas Nate

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#14)
Typical Stripper

September 7, 2005, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
You forgot the Coronas Nate
Fixed

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 7, 2005, 11:24 AM

have you guys ever bought gas in europe? its not just in america. gas is getting expensive. period.

Tanya