DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
1 members and 552 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
"Geico Voice" is Fired For Leaving The Tea Party An Insulting Voicemail
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

"Geico Voice" is Fired For Leaving The Tea Party An Insulting Voicemail - April 21, 2010, 01:45 PM

The voicemail> http://www.freedomworks.org/hosted/MSG02713.WAV

"Need to know the percentage of people that are mentally retarded who are working for FreedomWorks and who are following it"

Quote:
Lance Baxter, better known as D.C. Douglas but perhaps best known as the voice of Geico commercials ("15 minutes could save you 15 percent or more on your car insurance") has been fired by the insurance company after leaving a voicemail for Tea Party group FreedomWorks.

Douglas asked FreedomWorks in his voicemail what "the percentage of people that are mentally retarded who are working for FreedomWorks and who are following it," or as he has since put it, he "inquired as to their intelligence level."

In the voicemail, Douglas also questions how FreedomWorks will "spin it when one of your members does actually kill somebody, wondering if you've got a PR spinning routine planned for that or are you just gonna take it when it happens."

In the aftermath, FreedomWorks president Matt Kibbe published a post on the conservative website biggovernment.com, providing readers with a recording of the voicemail -- which included Douglas's personal phone number -- and encouraging people to call both Douglas and Geico to "[l]et them know that you, in fact, are not a mentally retarded killer."

According to a press release from Wednesday, Geico held auditions to replace Douglas the next day.

Douglas has since acknowledged such an impulsive move was "STUPID!," but was impassioned by the "slurs the Tea Party crowd angrily yelled at Barney Frank, et al," during the climax of health care reform.

He also hold no grudge against his former employer, saying in the press release: "I don't blame GEICO for protecting themselves. They have a business to run and can't waste time getting caught up in FreedomWorks' circus. And they've been very good to me in the past."

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

April 21, 2010, 01:46 PM

is the geico gecko voice? or the old guy in the ad's?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

April 21, 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
is the geico gecko voice? or the old guy in the ad's?
"15 minutes can save you ....." voice.

Dude was caking off those VO royalties everytime those commercials aired. I hope it was worth it.

He should know Warren wants nothing interfering with his $$$

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

April 21, 2010, 01:52 PM

oh gotcha..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

April 21, 2010, 02:58 PM

Free Speech.

Freedomworks seems to be able to exercise the right, and stiffle anyone else that wants to.

Do you want these clowns impeding your rights and making laws... I mean.... Do you want these people running the country spending your tax dollars and making laws??

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#6)
Inquire photoshoot within

April 21, 2010, 03:32 PM

Tea (baggers) parties = scum of the earth.

I <3 my Honda.
Weaksauce.org
WDCR SCCA #45/20
Weapon of choice-Rebel XT

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MotoBlairF4  
Unread
  (#7)
FASTER

April 21, 2010, 03:36 PM

Does seem a little ironic that the tea party is going after someone for using their right to free speech. What he said to them on voicemail is not even close to as bad as some of the things that have been said at their protests and rallies.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#8)
TPG og

April 21, 2010, 03:38 PM

Teabagger Dunno why they chose that name. Thats all.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#9)
whoa preppy......

April 21, 2010, 04:21 PM

Free speech has nothing to do with this. This has a big fat ZERO to do with the first amendment.

The first amendment deals with Congress making laws to suppress free speech (or religion, peaceful assemblies, press).

The government isn't suppressing anyone. He's free to voice his opinion but he's not protected under the constitution for doing so.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

April 22, 2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Free Speech.

Freedomworks seems to be able to exercise the right, and stiffle anyone else that wants to.

Do you want these clowns impeding your rights and making laws... I mean.... Do you want these people running the country spending your tax dollars and making laws??
I don't think Freedomworks stifled anyone. According to the article, Freedomworks posted his remarks and Geico fired him.

Moral of the story? If you are going to call a group of people "Retarded" don't do it in any form that is recordable.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

April 22, 2010, 07:29 AM

Wow what an idiot.

He calls and leaves his personal info and implicates his employer? Um, "how many retards do they employ at GEICO" I think is the real question. He's acting all proud of what he did but deep down you know he's saying to himself, "Wow why did I do that? That was a pretty dumb thing to do."

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

April 22, 2010, 07:33 AM

At least one....well...they did.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#13)
Track Ho

April 22, 2010, 07:39 AM

what is a tea bag party

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#14)
The last urrbendah

April 22, 2010, 08:07 AM

Ask Ben's mom.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#15)
whoa preppy......

April 22, 2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Ask Ben's mom.
I'll ask her in a second. she's busy right now.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to