DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 533
1 members and 532 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
German Shepard Rescue
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!
 
SilverRR's Avatar
 
Posts: 359
Join Date: April 22, 2010
Location: Millersville, MD
German Shepard Rescue - November 29, 2012, 09:43 AM

Hey all, I have seen a few threads about people looking for K9 companions and have found a great rescue for German Shepards through the trainer we used for our dogs. These Shepards are resuced and trained for off-leash level obedience and are looking for homes. I am not a part of this rescue but thought I would pass on some information if you are interested in a German Shepard. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/southeastgsdrescue
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting
 
Posts: 6,188
Join Date: January 14, 2009
Location: On a plane
November 29, 2012, 09:45 AM

VGSR is a good spot, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
I watch a LOT of gay porn.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HenryW  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!
 
MudDawg's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,391
Join Date: August 25, 2004
Location: Dulles
November 29, 2012, 09:48 AM

+1 for Virginia German Shepherd Rescue (VGSR) - Both of my pups were gotten through them. One where I helped pull an 8 month old GSD/Lab mix from a family's garage where she was being kept. The other as a 12 week old puppy from a VGSR event.

Neither were trained. Both had some 'issues'. Hip dysplasia for one, lack f people socialization for the other. They are laying around imitation furry carpets near me right now. Couldn't ask for better dogs.


I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting
 
Posts: 6,188
Join Date: January 14, 2009
Location: On a plane
November 29, 2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
+1 for Virginia German Shepherd Rescue (VGSR) - Both of my pups were gotten through them. One where I helped pull an 8 month old GSD/Lab mix from a family's garage where she was being kept. The other as a 12 week old puppy from a VGSR event.

Neither were trained. Both had some 'issues'. Hip dysplasia for one, lack f people socialization for the other. They are laying around imitation furry carpets near me right now. Couldn't ask for better dogs.
Simba had people issues when he was picked up from Pet's Mart (Never actually went into the VGSR system), but now he loves folks. Especially during Sunday brunch at Blue Iguana...



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
I watch a LOT of gay porn.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HenryW  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
TPG og
 
b00st's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,576
Join Date: October 9, 2008
Location: Hanover, PA
November 29, 2012, 11:51 AM

Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue in Maryland is good too.

I've been looking at this guy though Coby - Belgian Shepherd Malinois for Adoption Belgian Shepherd...almost a German Shepherd! He only has 3 legs which means it'll be hard for him to get adopted. I'll adopt that mofo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,977
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
November 29, 2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st View Post
Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue in Maryland is good too.

I've been looking at this guy though Coby - Belgian Shepherd Malinois for Adoption Belgian Shepherd...almost a German Shepherd! He only has 3 legs which means it'll be hard for him to get adopted. I'll adopt that mofo
Do it man, it'll be hard for him to find a home. As soon as I buy my house, I plan on picking up another rescue myself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!
 
MudDawg's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,391
Join Date: August 25, 2004
Location: Dulles
November 29, 2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
Do it man, it'll be hard for him to find a home. As soon as I buy my house, I plan on picking up another rescue myself.
Dog or date?

Cause with you....ya should be a little more specific.

Just saying....



I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Railing!
 
Posts: 353
Join Date: December 16, 2011
December 2, 2012, 04:01 PM

bump
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,977
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
December 2, 2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Dog or date?

Cause with you....ya should be a little more specific.

Just saying....

I plead the fif.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Yo quiero Trackday!
 
Posts: 1,855
Join Date: July 21, 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
December 3, 2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
+1 for Virginia German Shepherd Rescue (VGSR) - Both of my pups were gotten through them. One where I helped pull an 8 month old GSD/Lab mix from a family's garage where she was being kept. The other as a 12 week old puppy from a VGSR event.

Neither were trained. Both had some 'issues'. Hip dysplasia for one, lack f people socialization for the other. They are laying around imitation furry carpets near me right now. Couldn't ask for better dogs.
This!

Pops went through the whole process, the thing is (actually a good thing) that dogs were getting picked really quick. By the time he found one, inquired about it, the dog was already adopted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryW View Post
Simba had people issues when he was picked up from Pet's Mart (Never actually went into the VGSR system), but now he loves folks. Especially during Sunday brunch at Blue Iguana...


BEO-T-FUL dog!

Quick question - How is that blue iguana place?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
EFI - 07/C2
 
bcr229's Avatar
 
Posts: 657
Join Date: August 27, 2011
Location: Eastern WV Panhandle
December 4, 2012, 10:17 AM

Two of our three are from VGSR. The third came from a breeder who had taken the dog to the vet to be put down for personality issues. The dog's only problem was that he was low on the totem pole and her other male kept beating him up.


http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.