DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 576
2 members and 574 guests
davidcycle, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Get rid of the SAAB?
Unread
  (#1)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

Get rid of the SAAB? - May 25, 2012, 12:24 PM

I really love this car and we have only had it a year, But now with Saab actually being no more we are facing a dilemma, Which is should we keep it?, Upside: its a great car and no real issues(yet),Awesome Mpg,It doesnt look bad, and has everything we could want.We aren't upside down on it
Downside:Even though we arent upside down right now, what happens next year? will the value just plumit to 0? main worry right there, Then there is the issue about parts for it, A company said they will continue to remake parts, But thats what they are saying not really whats happening.

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 25, 2012, 12:52 PM

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#3)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

May 25, 2012, 01:00 PM

LOL....id hate to ruin it though...LOL

and sad fact just checked the KBB...less than 4 months ago the car BB @ 15250.... It now bluebooks for 8000

FML... guess they did the math already LOL...

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#4)
Derpetologist

May 25, 2012, 01:03 PM

spare parts for Saabs:

Brand New Saabs Sitting at the Dock of Newark Bay | Hooniverse

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 25, 2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
LOL....id hate to ruin it though...LOL

and sad fact just checked the KBB...less than 4 months ago the car BB @ 15250.... It now bluebooks for 8000

FML... guess they did the math already LOL...
Ouch

looks like you're keeping it

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

May 25, 2012, 01:12 PM

Sell it while you can still get your money out of it.
Here's why:
- Dealerships are selling their new Saabs or remaining inventory at 12-20% discount. Even the last 9-5, new, they're cutting $10-12,000 off sticker to get them out.

- Who will offer parts is still very hazy. There's supposedly a private consortium that will make and offer parts specifically for Saab, but at what cost and when? Moreover, will parts counters price gouge knowing there are little to no other sources for Saab parts?

- Depreciation. You're not upside down yet - but I can guarantee you will be in 2 years.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

May 25, 2012, 02:18 PM

oh no...im upside down now LOL/.//not by much but still i was making progress on the payment of this car...Fack...

Sad the car has the same value as a 2006 sentra now...wtf....

The new fucking saab 9-5s are really nice too..

the wife wants to look toward new audi for her, im trying to push a used S6 upon her

Unread
  (#8)
SUPERBITCHIN'

May 25, 2012, 02:26 PM

you should push a honda accord on her since her last decision cost you a bunch, why would you buy a saab when everybody knew they were going under?

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

May 25, 2012, 02:35 PM

Wishful thinking? people saw it but didnt think it would happen. I think it was a couple months after i purchased it when they made it public,but at that time they had numerous people interested in purchasing them as well.

My badddddddddddddddd...

Id let her get the acura tl or rl or whatever it is but fuckin most of those run like 40k now same with nissan and the maximas etc.