DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
0 members and 535 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Gi Joe 2: Retaliation !! .....Aug 2012
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Cool Gi Joe 2: Retaliation !! .....Aug 2012 - March 4, 2011, 11:50 PM

G.I. Joe Sequel Gets A Release Date!

ParamountPictures has set the release date for Jon Chu's upcoming G.I. Joe sequel, plus a confirmation that there will be some big casting changes for the upcoming adaptation. Check it out!

With Jon Chu directing the G.I. Joe sequel, Paramount Pictures has set a release date for the movie. Also, some previous reports are speculating that only three characters will return for the upcoming sequel: Snake Eyes, Duke and Storm Shadow. And from the THR report it looks like this could indeed be true. There is still no official word will they be recasting other roles, so stay tuned for the updates.

From The Hollywood Reporter:
"A week after picking Jon Chu to direct G. I. Joe 2, Paramount has now set a release date for the sequel: August 10, 2012.

Chu is still in negotiations for the movie, which will likely undergo extensive casting changes."
That's pretty much it...What do you think? Is this going to be better than the first one? Share your thoughts below!

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|

Last edited by vonstallin; December 11, 2011 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: better title
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

March 5, 2011, 03:49 AM

I didn't see the first so I can't judge how good/bad the second is going to be.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Yo quiero Trackday!

March 5, 2011, 09:01 AM

I hope this one is better than the first, because the first one was horrible!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Where am I?

March 5, 2011, 08:17 PM

No Wayans bros means it's already better than the first one. I'm surprised they aren't bringing back Destro or Cobra Commander, they both kinda became the characters we know at the end of the first one. As for the Joes, meh. Nobody was all that great other than Snake Eyes, and he has to be in it if they wanna sell toys. They need to have Gung-Ho and Roadblock in the sequel, maybe Lady Jaye. Man, I was such a GI Joe fan as a kid. The comics and the tv show were great in their own ways.

16 FZ-07
07 Gixxer 750 *SOLD*
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

March 7, 2011, 09:59 AM

I thought it was awesome how a great story could be turned to total crap by spending all the money on special effects and as an afterthought including a script. Kind of reminded me of 2012 - the disaster...of disaster movies.
Unread
  (#6)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

March 7, 2011, 12:29 PM

I just wish I had the money and rights to make a movie...I know shit cant be like it was when we were kids, but you can make a movie with good story and action. The comics were wayyyy better than the cartoon. The comics were written by some good vets and good novel writers. I was sad because the same guy who wrote GI Joe comics for a decade took a last minute edit to the script..not much but a little look over. larry Hanna.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#7)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

March 7, 2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
No Wayans bros means it's already better than the first one. I'm surprised they aren't bringing back Destro or Cobra Commander, they both kinda became the characters we know at the end of the first one. As for the Joes, meh. Nobody was all that great other than Snake Eyes, and he has to be in it if they wanna sell toys. They need to have Gung-Ho and Roadblock in the sequel, maybe Lady Jaye. Man, I was such a GI Joe fan as a kid. The comics and the tv show were great in their own ways.

i still have all my old comics and all my toys and tanks and everything. i still watch the new GI Joe Renagades on HUB network...but its a crock of shit. Its a straight rip off of A-Team...I mean straight.

But GI Joe Resolute dvd Movie was on point. that was the best GI Joe besides GI Joe the Movie to come out (the cartoon movie from the 80s).

Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

March 7, 2011, 12:49 PM

Had GI Joe been scripted and shot more like The Replacements, it would have done better in the box office. Stallone might have even been a pretty good General Hawk.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; March 7, 2011 at 01:06 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 7, 2011, 01:07 PM

B actors usually mean B movie.

Flicks like Matrix, Need for Speed, and Transformers were salvaged by supporting actors... and hotties.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

March 7, 2011, 01:37 PM

Gi-Joe should have been a no brainer...
I mean The Expendables got better reviews....

it was ok to watch...but hate that it was called GI-Joe...
it should have been called snake eyes and storm shadow with some military fluffers...

Unread
  (#11)
Where am I?

March 7, 2011, 02:42 PM

I gave away all the toys I had, but I have a bunch of comics, including a 4 part GI Joe/Transformers crossover. Yeah you're right, the Renegades cartoon is pretty much the A-Team plus a ninja, lol. I watch it with my son, though. Last year I bought him Season 1 of the original 80's cartoon, which is still awesome. I need to check out Resolute, somehow I totally missed it.

16 FZ-07
07 Gixxer 750 *SOLD*
Unread
  (#13)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 27, 2011, 09:12 PM

G.I. Joe Sequel Gets A Title And Will Film In New Orleans!

According to NOLA.com the G.I. Joe sequel will be filming in New Orleans this Summer. They are also reporting a title for the film as well.

NOLA.com is reporting that GI Joe will be filming in New Orleans this August, and filming will run through November. The state of Louisiana's film and video office announced that the John Chu led production was coming to New Orleans but then a couple hours later retracted the statement at the studios request. Also according to the site the title for the sequel will be GI Joe 2: Cobra Strikes.

Here is the report from NOLA.com:
The sequel to 2009's effects-laden action film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which is at least for now titled G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes appears to be ready to begin shooting in the Crescent City(New Orleans) on Aug. 1, with the nearly four-month shoot continuing through late November.

On Friday afternoon, the state's office of film and video reported the production was preparing to come to Louisiana. Then, at about 2:30 p.m., it issued a retraction at the studio's request, saying no site had been officially selected. It did say, however, that the studio was "seriously considering" Louisiana.

GI Joe 2: Cobra Strikes will be released on August 10, 2012.

Ray Park is returning for GI Joe 2!

Ray Park WILL be returning for GI Joe 2
Looks like I managed to swipe another bit of information of twitter this evening, looks like Ray park will be returning for GI Joe 2, at least there is one good thing about this film that is coming back. Anyway, Ray Park tweets:

RAYPARKACTION RAY PARK:
Good news all! As u might have guessed, I'm coming back to play Snake Eyes for the sequel of G.I JOE, directed by Jon Chu

and then:

RAYPARKACTION RAY PARK:
Good script!!! My hardcore workouts have begun!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! WAHOOO!
To be honest I don't really believe the part about the 'Good script'. Anyway guys, what do you think about this...?

Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 6, 2011, 11:28 PM

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson To Take Over As Lead In G.I. Joe Franchise</I>?

The news has just broken that the Fast Five star is set to take over as lead actor of the franchise in the upcoming sequel to G.I. Joe! Hit the jump for brief character details and info on who else may return...
With many of the stars from the critically panned first installment of the franchise not returning, it looks like studio bosses over at Paramount have decided to find a leading man who will put bums on seats. Here is an excerpt from the report over at Variety.
Fresh off "Fast Five," Duane Johnson is back in action realm, signing on for a role in the sequel to "G.I. Joe." Jon Chu, who brought "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" to the world, is directing the 3D update, titled "G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes."

Deadline meanwhile added the following details:
Johnson's role is a character named Roadblock. I'm also hearing that Channing Tatum is a good bet to return.

What do you guys think? Will this casting decison convince you to give the movie a chance? Be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place!

Unread
  (#15)
Contributes nothing

June 6, 2011, 11:57 PM

if Channing Tatum returns then the movie is going to tank. That dude cannot act his way out of a wet paper bag and is guaranteed to ruin any movie not meant for preteen girls.

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337