DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
3 members and 548 guests
beatle, davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Giants -vs- Patriots... Best Game of the Season Thus Far.
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Giants -vs- Patriots... Best Game of the Season Thus Far. - November 6, 2011, 09:37 PM

Best game of the season in the NFL. Hands down.
First 2 quarters were a pure defensive battle.
Last quarter was an offensive gun fight.

Brady does his usual 4th Quarter miracle with 1:56 left on the clock to put the Pats up by 6 + 1.

G's get the ball back.
Patriots two injuries essentially gave us an addition 2 time outs, then they get flagged with a 32 yard Offensive interference penalty because their corners suck arse.

G's score with 14 seconds left. Game, set, match.

To the Pats credit, the oversized receiving dual punch of Hernadez and Bronkonski is scary. They're the size of Defensive Ends / Tight Ends, but have the soft hands of a true Receiver and the foot speed of a Running Back.

Welker drives Corners insane. He's like the Dante Scrolls of Receivers. He always seems to find a little seam in zone, or separation in man and Brady rifles him the ball.

That said, if was good to see "the old" Brandon Jacobs back in there trucking any idiot dumb enough to try to arm tackle him and laying the pile on their back.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
in Yamaland

November 6, 2011, 09:43 PM

Justin Tuck said it best... "You can't spell Elite without 'Eli'". lol

Jake Ballard had a hell of a game and made several KEY plays.

oh.. and I lost my voice.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
in Yamaland

November 6, 2011, 09:44 PM

Your game winner..

And who says the Giants have a tough schedule? lol
Unread
  (#4)
No more 1050 :(

November 6, 2011, 09:54 PM

Eli is showing up big this year... This was a great start to the toughest stretch of the schedule.
Unread
  (#5)
Contributes nothing

November 6, 2011, 11:30 PM

the giants offense was mediocre at best against one of the worst total defenses and THE worst pass defense in the league, Brady threw lots of very poor passes and multiple interceptions...

don't pat the Giants too hard on the back. The pats tried really hard to lose that game, and almost won it in the 4th. I see ESPN calling it a "classic"...I saw two teams play pretty crappy offensive football. To their credit the Giants pass coverage was damn impressive. The Patriots defense sucked ass and NY still struggled for 3 and a half quarters against it.

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

November 7, 2011, 12:06 AM

Lets not forget the Refs trying to give the game to the Pats on that BS go ahead touch down with 1:30 something left. Gronkowski pushed off Bowley pretty hard to get separation and it should have been called thus negating the 4th down touchdown. GO G-MEN!!!
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

November 7, 2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Lets not forget the Refs trying to give the game to the Pats on that BS go ahead touch down with 1:30 something left. Gronkowski pushed off Bowley pretty hard to get separation and it should have been called thus negating the 4th down touchdown. GO G-MEN!!!
They were playing at home. I expected Kraft to get a few calls.
But yeah, there was some nasty push-offs that should have been reviewed. It's a damn shame the touch down review only applies to the actual scoring and not an enforcement of infractions.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

November 7, 2011, 06:12 AM

So, no one watched the ravens/steelers game? Now that was the best of the year... So far

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#10)
Railing!

November 7, 2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
So, no one watched the ravens/steelers game? Now that was the best of the year... So far
I was hoping someone would say that! Unless you are from Pittsburgh or Bmore, you wouldnt really know the importance of that game!
Unread
  (#11)
Contributes nothing

November 7, 2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRR View Post
I was hoping someone would say that! Unless you are from Pittsburgh or Bmore, you wouldnt really know the importance of that game!
or you just couldn't care if either team won, or disappeared from the face of the earth

-Craig

Unread
  (#12)
in Yamaland

November 7, 2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzl337 View Post
the giants offense was mediocre at best against one of the worst total defenses and THE worst pass defense in the league, Brady threw lots of very poor passes and multiple interceptions...

don't pat the Giants too hard on the back. The pats tried really hard to lose that game, and almost won it in the 4th. I see ESPN calling it a "classic"...I saw two teams play pretty crappy offensive football. To their credit the Giants pass coverage was damn impressive. The Patriots defense sucked ass and NY still struggled for 3 and a half quarters against it.

lol

All I hear is "WWWAAAAAA WWWAAAAAAAA"

A "mediocre" offense doesn't go into Gillette stadium and respond to everything Brady throws at them.
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

November 7, 2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
Meh, outside of a 45 mile radius around Baltimore with a small oblong bump taking it into Delaware, who really cares about the Baltimore Colts? Once you pass Laurel, Ravens fans die off like they entered a kill box.

However, congratulations to them for finally beating Pitt twice during the regular season.
But that game was no where near as exciting as the conclusion of the G vs P.

Sidenote: Once the Pats can get Chad Johnson and Brady to sync up on their timing, that's going to be a formidable long threat. Brady doesn't have one right now. He has across the middle, slant, and seam routes all <15 yds solidified with Welker, Bronkowski, & Hernadez. Ocho is going to open the field up for him. They just have to get their timing routes down.

Unread
  (#14)
Contributes nothing

November 7, 2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrivito

lol

All I hear is "WWWAAAAAA WWWAAAAAAAA"

A "mediocre" offense doesn't go into Gillette stadium and respond to everything Brady throws at them.
I'm not a fan of either team, so as unbiased an opinion as i can offer, where you saw the giants play great, I saw a terrible pats defense pretty much stop your O until very late, and the best offense play like shit, though I gave credit to the giants pass coverage, that was pretty solid

I'm not the only one who noticed this
Tom Brady, New England Patriots offense showing their limitations - ESPN Boston

As far as Ochocinco...he's had 8 games now as a patriot. An 11 year veteran with his abilities shouldn't still be getting in Sync with one of the best QBs in the league. At 33, I don't think he's a credible CONSISTENT deep threat anymore, the speed isn't there. His route running was also pretty shitty yesterday, at least twice he stuttered and blew a route that would have been a huge catch, watching the bail sail 10 yards over his head.

-Craig

Last edited by yzl337; November 7, 2011 at 09:09 AM..
Unread
  (#15)
Railing!

November 7, 2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzl337 View Post
or you just couldn't care if either team won, or disappeared from the face of the earth
Its ok haters can hate please tell me youre like a browns fan or some stupid team like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Meh, outside of a 45 mile radius around Baltimore with a small oblong bump taking it into Delaware, who really cares about the Baltimore Ravens? Once you pass Laurel, Ravens fans die off like they entered a kill box.
First off I fixed it for you....and yes I get it....we could care less about Indy and the fact that they cant do anything with their team anymore

Youre right about Ravens fans not being past Laurel...that is populated by people who still believe that the skins will actually play past a high school level.

Last edited by SilverRR; November 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM..