DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
1 members and 555 guests
BigDaddyShoo
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Go-Karting at Summit Point ... (time limited special from Groupon)
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Go-Karting at Summit Point ... (time limited special from Groupon) - March 31, 2011, 10:58 AM

Groupon Special $65 Kart-Till-U-Puke Session.

Since I saw some people on here post stuff about Karting and everyone here seems to like Summit Point I'm sure somebody will be interested... BTW, this is for karting addicts that like to run for up to 4 hours a night. The Kart Till U Puke is when you can ride all night long all you want from 5-9pm Fridays and Sundays. They also have single sessions of 11 minutes for $25.

Summit Point Kart Deal of the Day | Groupon Washington DC
$65 for a Go-Kart Membership and One Evening of Kart 'Til You Puke at Summit Point Kart

Quote:
"Racecar driving is one of the few sports that can be practiced in miniature, unlike miniature discus throwing, which just results in a yard full of shattered Sade CDs. Suit up for facsimile speed with today’s Groupon: for $65, you get a go-kart membership and one evening of Kart 'Til You Puke racing (a $160 total value) at Summit Point Kart in Summit Point. Available Kart 'Til You Puke dates include every Friday and Sunday throughout April and May from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Outfitted with a fleet of Indy 500—fit futurist karts—including the Sodi RX250, which can reach speeds of up to a whopping 78 mph—Summit Point Kart invites wind-cravers of all ages to put the miniature pedal to the miniature metal during authentic NASCAR-esque races around a sweeping half-mile track. The Kart 'Til You Puke package doles out an evening of karting, making the line between reality and Mario Kart that much blurrier. Consult the calendar for more information (hours may vary depending on the day).

Membership at this high-octane association comes with more perks than a member's only jacket, as new pledges receive a sporty Summit Point Kart T-shirt along with a spot on the guest list to special events and programs at the track. Membership also dramatically reduces the price of future sessions to quell the shakes of a need-for-speed addiction. Summit Point Kart provides cardholders with a full-face helmet, a head sock, and a driving suit. See the FAQ section for more driving information."

DISCLAIMER: That video is of the race level 250cc karts. He's passing the normal ones that I guess most new people would use.

I am really interested in this but I don't think I'd be able to handle 4 hours worth of karting anyways. But I'd like to try out a single session for $25 for 11 minutes on the track. It might be nice one day to set up a group ride out there to have some fun on the track. I think they also have track times available Sunday morn/aft. Maybe???

Last edited by nootherids; March 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Yo quiero Trackday!

March 31, 2011, 02:22 PM

Ohh damn, I purchased my membership 3 weeks ago!

I did 3 heats on that Friday, I could've done at least another 3 heats, no problem.

Anyways, I am down for a .net group ride to S.Point.
Unread
  (#3)
Break the wrist Walk away

March 31, 2011, 02:36 PM

damn that guy in the vid is pretty good..

and im down to go kart.. im a huge fan of them but rarely get to go kart unless im down in OC

im in for a .net day

360- JoeyDynamite426
Ps3- Whitey124
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

March 31, 2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherids View Post
DISCLAIMER: That video is of the race level 250cc karts. He's passing the normal ones that I guess most new people would use.

I am really interested in this but I don't think I'd be able to handle 4 hours worth of karting anyways. But I'd like to try out a single session for $25 for 11 minutes on the track. It might be nice one day to set up a group ride out there to have some fun on the track. I think they also have track times available Sunday morn/aft. Maybe???
It beats the shit out of you. If you put in a few 11 min sessions you will be sore in places you didnt even know you had. WEAR GLOVES and be prepared to light your forearms on fire. Oh, and dont keep anything breakable (e.g., an HTC Incredible) in your pocket. It is fun, but I can definitely see someone literally puking if they did it all day. Some of the dudes up there with their prepped carts get busy. They turn crazy lap times.

That said... I think we are goin on the 17th

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?

Last edited by JTG40cal; March 31, 2011 at 05:43 PM..