DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 521
2 members and 519 guests
2blueyam, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Kim
GP Champ

June 17, 2003, 10:33 AM

Anyone golf? And would you be willing to teach me?

I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind.
Promise not to mind if you go your way and I go mine. Promise not to lie if I'm looking you straight in the eye. Promise not to try not to let you down.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Kim Send a message via AIM to Kim Send a message via MSN to Kim  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

June 17, 2003, 10:52 AM

I'd help teach too, I'm a much much worse golfer than just about anyone, but I'm more about the fun. The alcohol impairment is what hurts me on the back 9. But I try to go every other week or so when I get a chance. But if you're serious, find someone with a much lower handicap and doesn't try to pound a beer or two on every hole.

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

June 17, 2003, 11:14 AM

I've been in a few DoD golf outings, but none with high ranking type people that would care. Most of the boss's I would golf with would usually be the first ones drunk. But it's still good times. Getting to the point where you have to concentrate really hard just to focus on the ball is great. But that's the easy part. The hard part is following your ball in the unlikely event you hit right and it goes farther than 10 or 15 feet.

It's also bad when you get drunk and suddenly the sun feels hotter than ever and you try to strip down to a wife beater. golf clubs usually frown upon this type of dress.

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#4)
Kim
GP Champ

June 17, 2003, 11:25 AM

Okay, do you think you guys can stay sober long enough to teach me the basics?
I need to learn by July 25. I have a Corp. AssKissingTourney to go to.

Now, do they rent clubs? What will I need? And how much is all this going to cost me?

Thanks guys.

Promise not to mind if you go your way and I go mine. Promise not to lie if I'm looking you straight in the eye. Promise not to try not to let you down.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Kim Send a message via AIM to Kim Send a message via MSN to Kim  
Unread
  (#5)
Kim
GP Champ

June 17, 2003, 11:38 AM

Oh, I know it's going to cost me some $$. I was just trying to get an idea of how much.
How much does it cost where you usually play? The work thing is paid for, so I'm not worried about that. Just wondering how much it will cost for me to play a few times and get the basics down before then.

Unread
  (#6)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 17, 2003, 11:45 AM

Probably like $30-40 bucks a round for greens fees (not sure since I haven't played in a feww years. I've tought some of my girlfirends to play, and they ended up being pretty good. I'm not sure how much it costs to rent clubs. You could probably buy a decent set for relatively cheap. I would think that, depending on how much you are able to play between now and then, renting could get expensive.

Unfortunately, good golf weather = good riding weather, so the clubs have been sitting for over a year!

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

June 17, 2003, 11:51 AM

Well let's see, you'll probably best start off at the range, about $5 a bucket of balls. But you need clubs first, might I add I have a set you may purchase for $50 with a bag Driver and 3-PW. Then once you get on the course it depends on if your golfin 9 or 18, if you go M-T or F-Sun, morning or twlight and what course you play. Then you need balls and tees.

All in all 9 holes on a Saturday, make sure you call for a tee time, about $24 plus $12 at Dick's for a pack of 15 Rock Flite balls and another $3 for tees.

It adds up quick, especially when you lose 7 balls in 9 holes because your too stubborn to drop. By the way I'm a handicap 18 so woody's got me beat as a better golfer.

"A woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one! But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!"

<font color="#800000">- Homer Simpson
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
I am a bitch, so what?

June 17, 2003, 12:38 PM

Kim
My mom has a set of golf clubs laying around doing nothing. I can ask her if you want to borrow them for awhile. SHe hasn't used them in over 2 years, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#9)
Kim
GP Champ

June 17, 2003, 12:42 PM

Viki, that would be awesome! I will take very good care of them.
I want to play a few times before I run out and buy clubs.

Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

June 17, 2003, 12:49 PM

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/modules....hread&tid=3805

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
What the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of
Unread
  (#11)
Kim
GP Champ

June 17, 2003, 12:59 PM

Holy crap, you mean this isn't in the Non-sportbike, chat, pick your nose, forum.
MY BAD.

50 lashes for me! :o

My sincere apology goes out to all the Admin/Mod Gods and their loyal subjects.

Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

June 17, 2003, 01:02 PM

Unread
  (#13)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

June 17, 2003, 01:07 PM

GOLF = :smilies18: :togo:

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

June 17, 2003, 01:15 PM

Boring to watch but a blast to play!

Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

June 17, 2003, 01:16 PM

Kim, I'd be happy to go play some golf anytime. We could get Lee and Dave and all of us could confuse you with conflicting tips and pointers.

I think the best way to go is to hit some balls at the driving range first (of course) and then try one of the par 3 courses. there is one on RT 50 in Fairfax close to the FFX County parkway. That is a fun way to start and the holes are 75-100 yards long so you can get some experience hitting off of the tee and learning to chip and putt without getting to overwhelmed.

Don't go buy a bunch of stuff. A lot of people have plenty of equipment sitting around and will let you borrow it (like Vicki's mom). Make sure you like playing first and remember that 99% of people suck as much as you do at golf.

Anytime you want to play llet us know

2006 Black ZX-10