DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
2 members and 533 guests
beatle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Golf-After the Round Report-Herndon Centennial
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

Cool Golf-After the Round Report-Herndon Centennial - May 10, 2007, 12:22 AM

there's been a few threads about a golf outing and tonight 4 of us finally did it.

first off - the shout outs

Ben - thanks for setting it up. for someone who hasn't played in 3 years, you did damn good.
Bret - good to see you again, I think the last time I saw you was the on the back of your 750 while you were dragging me around VIR.
gixxer_jill aka Liz - Good to finally meet you, looking forward to playing with you again.

I'm - I didnt bring a camera to photodocument the event.

So Bret and I got there about the same time and practiced some chipping and putting when Liz showed up. Ben was last, which is expected since he lives 4 blocks away. We had to play the back 9 because there was a league playing the front 9. No worries, golf is golf.

So I tee off first - unfortunately, I didn't bring my driver tonight. It was physically there, but I couldn't hit and when I did I was knocking people out 2 fairways over. For futher humility - Bret, Liz and Ben hit straight and long. Thankfully, my irons showed up today and saved me from further embarrassment and I opened with a double bogey.

My driver never showed up - but my iron play was strong as were my wedges and my putter showed up a little late - after the first couple holes here's what I noticed. The first was that it was nice to play with peeps who knew most of the etiquette. My pals are still learning and they either haven't learned some things or just forget and I have to bite my tongue sometimes. Second - Liz and Bret can play. They were definitely duking it out for the straightest shooter title. I'd gladly give up 20-30 yards of power if I could hit as straight as them. Third - with some time on the range - I'm sure Ben will be hitting real strong.

lastly - it was a real pleasure playing people that push me. when I play with my pals I'm usually 10 strokes ahead of them at the end of 9. I think I lose focus then - Bret and Liz brought out some of my best golf. I don't think I ever saw Bret in the woods and Liz's hits were the most consistent of us all. According to the scorecard, Liz and I were tied going into the last 3 holes - she ran into some trouble with sand and I had to pull two birdies out of my ass to take the win.

the results

Ed 45
Liz 48
Bret 52
Ben 58

a side note: Liz never used the women's tee - she tee'd off with us.

This is actually a personal best for me after 9 holes and the first time I've ever hit two birdies on the same course. I lost only one ball, which I think some jackholes picked up when I hit into the woods. This also has to be one of the worst off the tee performances I've ever had - I had to play off of a neigboring fairway twice and I don't remember hitting anything straight.

Well - Looking forward to the next round. Maybe we'll get Spud and his Mamacita out.

Good Times.
word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Liz rocks!
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

Liz rocks! - May 10, 2007, 05:43 AM

..that is all. Liz, when are you going to teach me the golf? I need help badddd!
~blade
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

May 10, 2007, 06:16 AM

Ed you're right

well it's about time gixxer_jill showed up to meet some .netters.

umm bring it to the mini golf and it's on.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

May 10, 2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050

Ed you're right

well it's about time gixxer_jill showed up to meet some .netters.

umm bring it to the mini golf and it's on.
Yeah I'm down for the mini golf...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TBaby Send a message via AIM to TBaby Send a message via MSN to TBaby  
Unread
  (#5)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 10, 2007, 08:58 AM

Nice write up ED!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#6)
I Love Lamp

May 10, 2007, 09:04 AM

i had a great time...thanks for making me feel welcome...i can't wait until next time...
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

May 10, 2007, 09:58 AM

Ed, since i am just learning, what are some of the etiquette boo boo's that you bite your tongue for?

Just write it up, so that I dont make the same mistakes.

Cool!!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

May 10, 2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Ed, since i am just learning, what are some of the etiquette boo boo's that you bite your tongue for?

Just write it up, so that I dont make the same mistakes.

Cool!!
your plaid shorts for one....

shaking your driver like a Wii remote would be another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

May 10, 2007, 10:02 AM

hahaha.. fucker!!

in all serious though.. list them out Ed, i definately dont want to mess up...well aside from hitting a ball into the stall next to me at the range

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
Happiness Consultant

May 10, 2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
hahaha.. fucker!!

in all serious though.. list them out Ed, i definately dont want to mess up...well aside from hitting a ball into the stall next to me at the range
http://golf.about.com/cs/beginnersgu...fetiquette.htm

here are two that my regular golf buds need to get pounded into their heads

Be aware of your shadow on the putting green. Don't stand in a place that causes your shadow to be cast across another player or that player's putting line.
Never walk through a playing partner's putting line. Your footprints might alter the path of a partner's putt. Step over the putting line, or walk around (behind) the partner's ball.

It was also cool when I was setting up for my birdies everyone cleared their golf balls and stood off the green or behind me and got super quiet. I never realized how much that helped - but thats probably because my buds are always

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

May 10, 2007, 10:41 AM

yeah, i didnt even think about the shadow thing....

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 10, 2007, 10:47 AM

Spud if you want to hit up the range next week some time let me know.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

May 10, 2007, 11:21 AM

the wife and i are taking lessons, so we are there about 2 times a week around 5-530.. ill post up when i know what days for next week.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
strip joint sugardaddy

Thumbs up May 10, 2007, 11:31 AM

I had a great time out there yesterday w/ everyone. My short game is really rusty as I haven't played much for a couple of years. I was driving decently but I'd blow up from 150 and in. Greens were really slow and I kept leaving long putts way short. Oh well practice practice.

gixxer_jill can flat out play. nuff said.
eduardo got hot - back to back birds damn dawg
ben was a bit rusty but connected on a few kablammo smash drives

let's do it again soon.
Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

May 10, 2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
the wife and i are taking lessons, so we are there about 2 times a week around 5-530.. ill post up when i know what days for next week.
I'm taking private lessons myself. They are definitely improving my game - but I would have to say, nothing improves it better then actually playing.

just like riding, you only get better with seat time.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this