DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
3 members and 529 guests
beatle, davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Good vet in Woodbridge
Unread
  (#1)
Serial Killer

Good vet in Woodbridge - June 28, 2008, 12:25 PM

So I just adopted a 3 month old Shephard mix puppy; been wanting to get a dog for a while, and soon as we saw this one, she melted our hearts. So, I'm looking for a good vet in or around Woodbridge. Any recommendations?

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 28, 2008, 12:57 PM

woodbridge animal hospital is open 24 hrs -- on Opitz by the DMV. THey're a little pricey but great docs.

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Spike

June 28, 2008, 01:14 PM

Was just about to tell you to ask Lucy!!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

June 28, 2008, 01:19 PM

indeed. And Diggy, just in case your shepherd mix turns into a big 'un, they do have experience with large breed dogs.

<-- mine included

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 28, 2008, 02:17 PM

I liked the vet in River Oaks shopping center.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 28, 2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster
woodbridge animal hospital is open 24 hrs -- on Opitz by the DMV. THey're a little pricey but great docs.

+1 on this Diggy

We have been taking Spike here for years...

I would like to add that Spike is going to be 18 years old next month so we (us and his vet) must be doing something right...

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#7)
Serial Killer

June 28, 2008, 03:46 PM

Okay - so Woodbridge Animal Hospital it is! Thanks everyone

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#8)
Meh

June 28, 2008, 03:58 PM

Diggy,

I have had as many as 6 dogs at any one time and I can tell you that Tackets is by far my favorite. They have been right on everytime and although some people would claim that the previous Docs mannerisms were a bit weird, he sold the practice to a new female vet that is awesome.

Aileen, the main receptionist is awesome and very knowledgable.

They are very competitively priced and always fit you in for appt's. The new vet is great and I actually bring my pups from Annapolis to go there. I just bring them with me to work on a given day that they have appointments and get it done on the way home.

I spent well over 1K on some allergy issues and infections, all to discover that the Vet assesment over the phone was exactly right. Could have saved myself some serious coin.

I really like the new Vet because she does not believe in over vaccinating and goes with some more healthy alternatives.
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

June 28, 2008, 04:10 PM

Diggy,

My parents and us take our animals to Maple Shade Animal Hospital. The are near the ice skating rink in Dale City.

They are really great.

Sounds like you have heard opinions from different folks who all love their animals.
So you cant go wrong with any of the choices.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 28, 2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

Sounds like you have heard opinions from different folks who all love their animals.
So you cant go wrong with any of the choices.
Very well put Spud

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#11)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

June 28, 2008, 05:19 PM

I'm going to put in my vote for Hillendale Animal Hospital. Dr. John Park runs the place himself, but his service is impeccable. His diagnostic sense is always spot on and he'll offer me many options for treatment (and diagnosis) if money is tight (I have 5 cats and 2 dogs). He has a very strong accent and may be difficult to understand and he doesn't have some of the really expensive equipment of the expensive places, but I've felt so fortunate to have a vet with a 6th sense for animals. I've never felt overcharged for any reason, which is why I left my last vet (Ashdale).

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 29, 2008, 09:38 AM

Congratulations Diggy. Good times to come.
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

June 29, 2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
Congratulations Diggy. Good times to come.

oh yeah!!!! +1

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#14)
Serial Killer

June 30, 2008, 10:22 AM

Here's a few pics of the pup with my daughter. And let me just note that my wife and daughter are HIGH on the color pink.