DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
2 members and 498 guests
legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Google Nexus One Images.
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Google Nexus One Images. - December 14, 2009, 02:39 PM

This may be the phone that finally out Iphones, Iphone.

Expect developers to go crazy on this since Google is basically open sourcing it and encouraging 3rd party development.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

December 14, 2009, 02:52 PM

Tmobile... huh... GSM based.

I will buy this phone. It's going to be hard to match the quality of the iPhone... and no subsidies will mean we are paying full price for something like this ($5-600).

Still, it would be nice to have something that isn't locked down. I'm really frustrated by Apples insistence to bar the phones usability.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Tmobile... huh... GSM based.

I will buy this phone. It's going to be hard to match the quality of the iPhone... and no subsidies will mean we are paying full price for something like this ($5-600).

Still, it would be nice to have something that isn't locked down. I'm really frustrated by Apples insistence to bar the phones usability.
Why would you think Tmo wouldn't throw a subsidy behind this?

Why would you think it would be hard to match the quality of the iPhone?
Iphone has no manufacturing patents or secret materials ... it's all the same stuff.

Because iPhone locked you down so much and made things so restrictive is precisely the reason I never got one. I'm not spending $200 to have big brother tell me how they want me to use the device I PAID FOR.

Imagine if Apple did the same thing with your Laptop/Desktop! You'd scream bloody murder, and I'm sure the FTC would have stepped in.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#4)
Retired to most ...

December 14, 2009, 03:48 PM

Uhhhh .. that looks pretty much like the HTC Droid. Granted the open sourcing is kick ass and worth the money!! Fuck iPhone ...and everyone (pretty much just Ben) who uses them! YOU GOT SUCKERED!!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#5)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

December 14, 2009, 04:15 PM

All I know is that every time something new comes out, it is dubbed as an iPhone killer, and then fails to live up to the hype. So, as far as I'm concerned, it IS hard to match the quality of the iPhone, or else it would be a _____-killer, not an iPhone killer.

Part of what makes the iPhone so good is how slick the UI is and how well they've done integration between key apps. It doesn't allow you to do everything, which I'm sure they will eventually roll out, but if they gave people access to every feature in the world, then it wouldn't be as simple to use for novice users as it is right now. There's also other concerns like battery power, etc.

I think the iPhone already does 90% or so of what I need out of the phone. And it does that 90% better than other phones I've played with.

It's obvious they wouldn't do the same thing with a laptop, because it is a full out computer. The iPhone is primarily a phone that does other things as well. So, I don't think it's really a valid comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Why would you think it would be hard to match the quality of the iPhone?
Iphone has no manufacturing patents or secret materials ... it's all the same stuff.

Because iPhone locked you down so much and made things so restrictive is precisely the reason I never got one. I'm not spending $200 to have big brother tell me how they want me to use the device I PAID FOR.

Imagine if Apple did the same thing with your Laptop/Desktop! You'd scream bloody murder, and I'm sure the FTC would have stepped in.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H

December 14, 2009, 04:18 PM

anything on T-Mobile won't be an iphone killer...

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#7)
Contributes nothing

December 14, 2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
+1

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Why's that?

Unread
  (#9)
Give me the Ban Button!

December 14, 2009, 05:53 PM

Because T-mobile in my experience doesnt have the network to support anything Iphone like

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Because T-mobile in my experience doesnt have the network to support anything Iphone like
They do. They just didn't have the 3G investment and infrastructure (at the time) to attract Apple.

But they're much stronger now in the 3G department and they're going to skip the half step everyone else is doing to HSPA+ and going hard on 4G (LTE) development and build out.

Unread
  (#11)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

December 14, 2009, 07:25 PM

nextel is the best

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#12)
Popplers!

December 14, 2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
nextel is the best
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
nextel is the best
Nextel was actually a pretty good service until Sprint got its grubby knuckles on it and made it an abortion.

Unread
  (#14)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

December 14, 2009, 07:56 PM

Everything wants to be 'better than an iphone'

suckers...

T-Mobile makes AT&T look like Verizon.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#15)
The last urrbendah

December 14, 2009, 08:45 PM

I posted this on FB earlier, I've been saying it for awhile now, the "true" iPhone "killer" will come from HTC. This could be the first signs of that prediction coming to fruition. If you've watched any of their commercials recently for the "touch" and a couple of others, you'll know that their touch screen stuff has been coming along quite nicely....

Now this one is backed by Google, which could lead to a lot of app development along with unlimited resources to store them for downloading. It might just pull off the coup if they can tie in some kind of music hosting.

As Ben said, CDMA will be a huge limitation especially for travelers.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.