DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
1 members and 559 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Gordon Murray (McLaren F1 Creator) Goes Green And Gives Us ....
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Gordon Murray (McLaren F1 Creator) Goes Green And Gives Us .... - June 28, 2010, 05:07 PM

I guess he figured he'd never be able to top himself after this:

So he went in the opposite direction and we get a Smart Car like turd.

Why can't these designers make eco car LOOK COOL?! Why do they always have be all tarded up and doofy looking?!!

Quote:
In 1998 Gordon Murray designed the world's fastest road car, the McLaren F1, a rip-snorting 240mph beast that devours a gallon of fuel every 12 miles.

But this weekend Murray, 64, will reveal his vision of an eco-loving future - a car only slightly larger than a supermarket trolley.

The man who designed five Formula One championship winning cars has now embarked on a green crusade.

On the Top Gear website the wailing has already begun. "I fear poor old Murray has gone a little cuckoo - the last car he made was a 240mph fire-spitting, death-dealing missile. Now this," said one car fan.

But with one elbow propped on his impish-looking new creation, Gordon told The Sun at his Surrey base yesterday: "People ask me, 'Why have you gone from one to the other? But this is tougher and more exciting. It is trying to do a car for the people.

"It has probably been the most stimulating part of my career so far."

His new baby has been christened the T25. Petrol engined, it is 8ft long and just 4ft wide and will cost around £6,000.

It will be followed shortly by an electric version called the T27. That will have a range of 80 to 100 miles and will be priced at around £12,000.

The T25 and T27 share the same interior layout as the F1 - with the driver sitting in the middle and two passengers seated behind on either side.

Murray says his change of heart came because of fears about the future of transport.

He added: "We've tried to make a car that undercuts the Smart by £2,000 but is still fun, safe and economical.

"The fuel and energy crisis is looming. We're going to lose our personal mobility and freedom. It will effect the next couple of generations.

"Already in some towns in Italy you can't take your car into town from 7am to 7pm.

"But if we manufacturers and drivers can move into smaller cars in the next 15 years we will reduce the emissions and increase the traffic flow again."

If the right firm buys the rights to manufacture the little eco-car, Murray says one day we can look forward to an M25 full of T25s.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 28, 2010, 08:48 PM

I'd drive one.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

June 28, 2010, 09:46 PM