DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
2 members and 557 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
got the kids a dirtbike an an ATV
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

got the kids a dirtbike an an ATV - April 25, 2009, 10:45 AM

Got my daughter a yamaha ttr50 and my son an kawasaki kfx50. Just wondering where i could take them to go riding around. Not looking for a track or anything. Just somewhere they can putt around. I been taking them to different schools in my neighborhood and its getting boring. Besides im not sure if we're allowed to ride on the fields. Im in montgomery county.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

April 25, 2009, 03:47 PM

Theres a place called the cove, google it. It's about 1 1/2 hour from manassas, nice place and you can camp or fish while your there.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

April 25, 2009, 03:56 PM

Yea I think its called motocove. They seem reasonable. Guess I got to make a day trip there.
I heard dept. of natural resources has some free trails too.
?
Unread
  (#4)
"?"

? - April 25, 2009, 04:41 PM

Cool place in brandywine also! Its call something farms! Nice area little pricey,but it was well worth it!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

April 25, 2009, 05:22 PM

The cops will definitely run you off the school fields. I used to have to run from them at my local elem school when me and my buddies used to borrow this neighborhood girl's Z50 when we were kids.

I'm guessing you got them used? Good luck on finding parts to maintain them, now that they've been outlawed. That law is so frakked up. It has the potential to kill the industry in one generation if kids aren't exposed to motorcycling young.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 25, 2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zice View Post
I'm guessing you got them used? Good luck on finding parts to maintain them, now that they've been outlawed. That law is so frakked up. It has the potential to kill the industry in one generation if kids aren't exposed to motorcycling young.

Some dealers never followed that law, and at our last race they said the CPSC had placed a stay on enforcement of it until it can be changed.
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

April 25, 2009, 07:35 PM

I actually bought the ATV from a dealer yesterday. I mentioned to him about the ban and he said it was alright to sell used units. The dirt bike i bought form an individual. The ban sucks for sure. It going to hella hard for the kids to get into the sport now.
What is the name of the place in brandywine?
My son is 4 and the ATV i got him says no one under 6 allowed to operate it. some tracks go by manufacturers age requirement. hope motocove doesnt check