DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
5 members and 542 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man, scarab, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe
Unread
  (#1)
EFI - 07/C2

Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe - May 14, 2013, 04:22 PM

Man-bites-lap-dog story...???

Could be a fun few months if the press turns on 0bama.
Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

May 14, 2013, 04:36 PM

Yeah I just heard about this one today. Holy shit! WTF is going on in Washington?!!!

1. Fast and Furious guns scandal
2. Benghazi debacle
3. IRS targeting of conservative groups
4. AP phone records intrusion

What's next and did I miss anything?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

May 14, 2013, 05:40 PM

Don't forget the 5th one where HHS secretary skirts Congress to try to help fund Obama Care. Illegal as well. Obamacare extortion?
Unread
  (#4)
TNT
GP Champ

May 14, 2013, 07:49 PM

Don't worry, you see the 4th amendment discusses houses, papers, and effects. It says nothing about phone records because the constitution was not written with phones in mind. Just like the 2nd amendment was only for muskets and black powder. The 1st is similarly only for town criers and printing presses. AP is well beyond the technological bounds of the constitution and as such has no protection from these amendments. The only reasonable and common sense solution is to forgo amending the constitution - a really arduous waste of time - and just reinterpret it as convenient. /sarcasm
Unread
  (#5)
Meh

May 15, 2013, 01:35 AM

Hilarious.
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

May 15, 2013, 07:01 AM

I thought it was funny to see the AP all a-twitter and bent out of shape over this.

Last week you had the IRS fiasco put out - this one is really bad - Nixon was charged with the same thing in the Articles of Impeachment - #2 or #3, can't recall which one however I do recall the language as describing Obama's case almost exactly - 'using the IRS to suppress political opposition'. Obama will deny involvement until the end of time because he takes no ownership of what happens on his watch. Now there are reports the EPA and DoT was acting in a similar way - not sure what yet.

Benghazi - wow, this just goes from bad to worse for Obama. Again he will take no responsibility for being in bed - or wherever he was while this was going down.

Fast and Furious - On the back burner but I hope this gets pushed up to the front or close to it.

The AP thing will be really bad for the Prez because the press will (finally) treat his administration like the turd it is and stop trying to polish it.
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

May 15, 2013, 11:34 AM

FWIWs, I'm shrugging at this scandal. This had a fair degree of National Security risks attached.

Someone was leaking classified and private communications to the press, and the AP increasingly has seemed to loosen the controls on what is and isn't fit for print and how to handle such information.

There is Freedom of Press and everyone loves a good expose story, but you touch fire - don't yell when you get burned, and you don't run a mole hunt by letting the subject(s) of the mole hunt know you're running a mole hunt.

Just to show the somewhat level of hypocrisy, no one bemoaned the government when Wikileaks became the target of a secret investigation after the Bradley Manning document dump.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
TNT
GP Champ

May 15, 2013, 07:51 PM

I think the government using "national security" as the catchall to do whatthe****ever is not ok. You need something done, you do it legally - that's their expectation of me, that's my expectation of them. We've gone to great pains throughout our history to do things aboveboard. I have no doubt we've done some pretty bad stuff, too. But just because something needs doing doesn't give you the right to do it however you want to. The ends don't justify the means.

Plus, if the goverment is worried about classified leaks, maybe they shouldn't hand out clearances to everyone who can write their name in english. Seriously, there are staffers and other aides who spew secret info in bars to impress their friends with how much they are "on the inside." It's ridiculous how they think it's cool to blab to their friends. Worried about classified info being leaked, shut down every bar in DC. Seems like something that would be totally ok with the "national security" exception to the constitution - oh wait, that's not a real thing, is it?
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

May 15, 2013, 08:44 PM

+1

Had this administration used the same level secrecy when called to testify under oath or produce documents, this probably wouldn't have been an issue to start with.
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

June 3, 2013, 12:24 PM

"... From a political point of view, one of the ways that you can measure the impact of all of this and the fairness of it is think if this had happened in the Bush administration with John Ashcroft as the attorney general. You know full well that the Democrats on the left would be going very hard after them with these issues that are in play."

Tom Brokaw!

Tom Brokaw: 'Tough To See' How Eric Holder Keeps His Job

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

June 6, 2013, 05:48 AM

More, this time the NSA

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/politi...l?c=homepage-t

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

June 6, 2013, 08:55 AM

Wow. I just never ends, only gets worse and worse.

Unread
  (#13)
No more 1050 :(

June 6, 2013, 09:02 AM

About that time for civil disobedience.

The Gov't is like a little child asking for candy. They keep wanting more and more, they can never get enough... until someone says no.

"Gimme all your records."

Kiss my ass.
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

June 6, 2013, 09:09 AM

Now is the perfect time to clean house, actually. The IRS is under heavy scrutiny, the US Attorney General is under investigation for possible perjury, the FBI is investigating itself, the White House is doing a major duck and cover, and the Obama Administration platform is in utter shambles. Has a past presidential administration ever had a quagmire of this magnitude on its hands? Obama may actually surpass Carter as worst president ever.

Unread
  (#15)
Derpetologist

June 6, 2013, 09:39 AM

I agree. Repeal the Patriot Act. Thx Obama

*Not intended to be a factual statement.