DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 693
3 members and 690 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
GRD Cycle
Unread
  (#1)
Serial Killer

GRD Cycle - August 24, 2010, 09:53 AM

Anyone had any experience with this place, or heard anything, good or bad? They are in White Plains, and have a bike up there that I'm VERY interested in.

GRD Cycle

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 24, 2010, 09:55 AM

Yup I buy parts off of them thru EBAY. They have been good to me everytime. Remember they deal with totaled bikes!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

August 24, 2010, 10:06 AM

I purchased my first bike from them. It was probably a wreck they fixed up. Bike ran good though with no problems when I finally traded it in for another.

06 gsxr 750
Unread
  (#4)
Serial Killer

August 24, 2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Yup I buy parts off of them thru EBAY. They have been good to me everytime. Remember they deal with totaled bikes!
Ah man, that blows. Scratch that RC off my list

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

August 24, 2010, 10:39 AM

Dammn their price are high as hell

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636
Unread
  (#6)
On vacation

August 24, 2010, 10:41 AM

Jimmy's a good dude. I don't know how they are in terms of selling bikes, but they're good for parts in my book. A little on the high side for used parts but much cheaper than the dealer or paying shipping from someplace online. When it comes to work being done though, I wouldn't take my bike there again. I had a motor replaced a while back that would grind up second gear and Derek (Oneway) had a bad experience with them when his 750 motor got thrown in.
Unread
  (#7)
I hate Hybrid drivers

August 24, 2010, 10:48 AM

Oh, Derek told me about his ordeal with them. no good.

they have a 1999 ZX6R on their site for $3500... wrecked or not, seems hi to me.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

August 24, 2010, 10:53 AM

Got my FZR600 from them. Nice enough folks, but the clutch was slipping in 2nd from the day that I got it. I won't go into details, but in the end, it was something that I had to fix myself.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 24, 2010, 02:25 PM

STAY AWAY! I have dealt with them a few times and they like to rig shit to work long enough to get it out the door. I was the one helping Derek (oneway) with his engine and the first motor they sent us to install had over 75% leak down on 3 of the cylinders and the owner of GRD told me that a leak down test was a poor way to test an engine! He basically has no knowledge of how a sound engine should work. After he took the engine back to FIX the leak down issue ( valve sealing problems ) I got it back and installed it and when we started it the first time it had a bottom end rod knock! He didn't have much to say about that issue but Derek took it from there and had them install a different motor to avoid extra cost from us for taking the crappy engine back out. Then Derek got the bike back from them and within 500 miles the engine grenaded throwing the rod threw the block. My advise is to steer clear unless they have a bike they haven't touched.
Unread
  (#10)
Popplers!

August 24, 2010, 02:32 PM

FWIW, 3 weeks before Oneway bought his engine I purchased a Ducati S2R motor and it ran flawlessly.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

August 24, 2010, 02:37 PM

That's nice. We went through 2 engines before oneway gave up and bought an engine online. Maybe your S2R engine came off a newer bike and it didn't have the miles on it that oneways engines did. Either way if you are selling anything and putting your name on it then you should perform the test necessary (compression & leak down) to assure the parts are in good working order.
Unread
  (#12)
Popplers!

August 24, 2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLEVEL View Post
That's nice. We went through 2 engines before oneway gave up and bought an engine online. Maybe your S2R engine came off a newer bike and it didn't have the miles on it that oneways engines did. Either way if you are selling anything and putting your name on it then you should perform the test necessary (compression & leak down) to assure the parts are in good working order.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but Oneway had a history of horrible relations with all of the shops in the area and he was working with a much older engine.

I just wanted to mention the good with the bad.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

August 24, 2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotx View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, but Oneway had a history of horrible relations with all of the shops in the area and he was working with a much older engine.

I just wanted to mention the good with the bad.
Point taken but oneway never had any issues with us at MHKS. He had a good amount of work done here and he always left happy and we are always happy to help him anytime he needed it. I'm not getting into oneways past deals with other shops but I will say that he had been trying to get his bike properly diagnosed and fixed for quite some time by many different shops before we took care of him.
Unread
  (#14)
Elite Racing

August 24, 2010, 02:56 PM

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#15)
The last urrbendah

August 24, 2010, 02:57 PM

Standby for 8+ pages of arguing about local shops....

Redlevel what does MHKS stand for?

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.