DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 287
3 members and 284 guests
Diggy, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Great Tips for Handling Telemarketers
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Great Tips for Handling Telemarketers - March 29, 2006, 07:46 AM

Tips for Handling Telemarketers

Three Little Words That Work !!

(1)The three little words are: "Hold On, Please..."

Saying this, while putting down your phone and walking off (instead of hanging-up immediately) would make each telemarketing call so much more time-consuming that boiler room sales would grind to a halt.

Then when you eventually hear the phone company's "beep-beep-beep" tone,
you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently completed its task.

These three little words will help eliminate telephone soliciting.

(2) Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end?

This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone.

This technique is used to determine the best time of day for a "real" sales person to call back and get someone at home.

What you can do after answering, if you notice there is no one there, is to immediately start hitting your # button on the phone, 6 or 7 times, as quickly as possible This confuses the machine that dialed the call and it kicks your number out of their system. Gosh, what a shame not to have your name in their system any longer !!!

(3) Junk Mail Help:
When you get "ads" enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these "ads" with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those "pre-approved" letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 37 cents postage "IF" and when they receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes.

One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas.
Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back!
If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! It still costs them 37 cents.

The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the mail, but folks, we need to OVERWHELM them. Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea !

If enough people follow these tips, it will work ---- I have been doing this for years, and I get very little junk mail anymore.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

March 29, 2006, 07:50 AM

I got this in my e-mail a few days ago!! I really like the mailing the empty pre paid envelope back to them. Now thats funny!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

March 29, 2006, 08:04 AM

Seriously...great ideas...and totally doing them.

Thanks Alex!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

March 29, 2006, 08:09 AM

I know right. I usually quickly delete forwards, but I read this and was like "oh snap"!

i cant wait to ask the guy to "hold on"

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

March 29, 2006, 08:10 AM

I did a Jerry and said "can I have your number and call you back"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

March 29, 2006, 08:14 AM

My buddy takes it even further then that. He'll refuse to buy anything untill the telemarketer agrees to buy some stupid thing he made up off the top of his head. I was sitting in the room when one called and he used some cheesy indian accent and was like .... "Have I got a deal for you ..... you buy a blue vaccume from me and I'll buy some crap from you!!" I couldn't breath at this point I was laughing so hard. The telemarketer hung up and called back. My buddy has caller ID so he knew it was the telemarketer, picked up the phone and in the same accent said "I knew my deal was too interesting for you to ignore now would you like to continue where we left off or should I start alllllll over again??"

Very few telemarketers call his house any more.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
DT
Yesssssss.....

March 29, 2006, 08:15 AM

Nice!!!

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#8)
Posting Nothing Relevant

March 29, 2006, 08:15 AM

that is freakin great! i like the mailing back all the crap. definately gonna start doing this! thanks alex.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#9)
Rubber Side down....

March 29, 2006, 08:28 AM

I used to just pick up the phone and rattle off the 3 lines of japanese greeting that I know... (with a typical anglo last name well they were certainly confused)
caller ID is great
I like your friend's idea Johnny very funny...

Have a nice day!

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HumanTeam  
Unread
  (#10)
Nothing here

March 29, 2006, 08:43 AM

I just answer the phone and as clearly as possible, I tell them that "I don't speak English." .....in plain English.
Unread
  (#11)
Posting Nothing Relevant

March 29, 2006, 08:49 AM

do like my dad does, hold the phone just away from your ear (so you can still hear the TV), let them talk, when there is a pause ask "So how does that make you feel?", they'll start in again, and ask "Did you and you mother have a good relationship? In detail tell me how she makes you feel." thats when they normally hang up.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
March 29, 2006, 09:00 AM

BITD my pop used to mail some of his bills with an with an extra penny or two in the check. New Jersey law reqiered a refund check not a credit.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

March 29, 2006, 09:15 AM

I just ask CRAZY questions when they get me on the phone... and statements, totally unbased statements, they usually laugh, then I commiserate with them on how much thier job sucks... gotta make money somehow, just not on me

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 29, 2006, 09:31 AM

you could try these

1. "hold on.....let me transfer you over to Mr. Click" then hang up the phone

2.say "do you know what a gun sounds like with no ammo??"..........*click*(hang up the phone)
Unread
  (#15)
TIMMEH!

March 29, 2006, 11:04 AM

I hate to be the wet blanket on this one....but......

*cough* http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/telemarket.asp *cough*

Sorry.....

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600