DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
1 members and 555 guests
HotRod1200
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Guidence For Airline passengers
Unread
  (#1)
Take off my magic belt

Guidence For Airline passengers - August 16, 2006, 07:34 PM

I've been/will be doing alot of traveling lately and have become very confused, tired, and frustrated w/ all the new rules in what u can and cannot do when flying...shit is always changing. So after doing some searching, I found tsa.gov was very informative. If anyone has any other info PLEASE share. Here is what I found....

Permitted & Prohibited Items
Prohibited items are weapons, explosives, incendiaries, and include items that are seemingly harmless but may be used as weapons – the so-called "dual use" items. You may not bring these items to or through security checkpoints without authorization.

If you bring a prohibited item to the checkpoint, you may be criminally and/or civilly prosecuted or, at the least, asked to rid yourself of the item. A transportation security officer (TSO – formerly a screener) and/or law enforcement officer will make this determination, depending on what the item is and the circumstances. Bringing a prohibited item to a security checkpoint – even accidentally – is illegal.

Your prohibited item may be detained for use in an investigation and, if necessary, as evidence in your criminal and/or civil prosecution. If permitted by the TSO or law enforcement officer, you may be allowed to: consult with the airlines for possible assistance in placing the prohibited item in checked baggage; withdraw with the item from the screening checkpoint at that time; make other arrangements for the item, such as taking it to your car or mailing it to yourself; or, voluntarily abandon the item. Items that are voluntarily abandoned or confiscated by a law enforcement officer cannot be recovered and will not be returned to you. Property claims for these items will also be denied by TSA.

The following chart outlines items that are permitted and items that are prohibited in your carry-on or checked baggage. You should note that some items are allowed in your checked baggage, but not your carry-on. Also pay careful attention to the "Notes" included at the bottom of each section – they contain important information about restrictions and exceptions.

The prohibited and permitted items chart is not intended to be all-inclusive and is updated as necessary. To ensure everyone’s security, the TSO may determine that an item not on the prohibited items chart is prohibited. In addition, the TSO may also determine that an item on the permitted chart is dangerous and therefore may not be brought through the security checkpoint.

The chart applies to flights originating within the United States. Please check with your airline or travel agent for restrictions at destinations outside of the United States.

Can I take it?

Carry-on

Checked

Personal Items
Cigar Cutters

Yes

Yes

Corkscrews

Yes

Yes

Cuticle Cutters

Yes

Yes

Eyeglass Repair Tools - (including screwdrivers)

Yes

Yes

Eyelash Curlers

Yes

Yes

Knitting and Crochet Needles

Yes

Yes

Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives

No

Yes

Nail Clippers

Yes

Yes

Nail Files

Yes

Yes

Personal care or toiletries with aerosols, in limited quantities -(such as hairsprays, deodorants)

Yes

Yes

Safety Razors (including disposable razors)

Yes

Yes

Scissors - plastic or metal with blunt tips

Yes

Yes

Scissors - metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches in length

Yes

Yes

Toy Transformer Robots

Yes

Yes

Toy Weapons - (if not realistic replicas)

Yes

Yes

Tweezers

Yes

Yes

Umbrellas - (allowed in carry-on baggage once they have been inspected to ensure that prohibited items are not concealed)

Yes

Yes

Walking Canes - (allowed in carry-on baggage once they have been inspected to ensure that prohibited items are not concealed)

Yes

Yes

Note Some personal care items containing aerosol are regulated as hazardous materials. The FAA regulates hazardous materials. This information is summarized at www.faa.gov, click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly.

Medication and Special Needs Devices
Braille Note-Taker, Slate and Stylus, Augmentation Devices

Yes

Yes

Diabetes-Related Supplies/Equipment - (once inspected to ensure prohibited items are not concealed) including: insulin and insulin loaded dispensing products; vials or box of individual vials; jet injectors; pens; infusers; and preloaded syringes; and an unlimited number of unused syringes, when accompanied by insulin; lancets; blood glucose meters; blood glucose meter test strips; insulin pumps; and insulin pump supplies. Insulin in any form or dispenser must be properly marked with a professionally printed label identifying the medication or manufacturer’s name or pharmaceutical label.

Yes

Yes

Nitroglycerine pills or spray for medical use -(if properly marked with a professionally printed label identifying the medication or manufacturer’s name or pharmaceutical label)

Yes

Yes

Ostomy Scissors - All scissors with blades four inches or less

Yes

Yes

Prosthetic Device Tools and Appliances - including drills and drill bits, allen wrenches, pullsleeves used to put on or remove prosthetic devices, if carried by the individual with the prosthetic device or his or her companion

Yes

Yes

Can I take it?

Carry-on

Checked

Electronic Devices
Camcorders

Yes

Yes

Camera Equipment - the checked baggage screening equipment will damage undeveloped film in camera equipment. We recommend that you either put undeveloped film and cameras containing undeveloped film in your carry-on baggage or take undeveloped film with you to the checkpoint and ask the screener to conduct a hand-inspection.

Yes

Yes

Laptop Computers

Yes

Yes

Mobile Phones

Yes

Yes

Pagers

Yes

Yes

Personal Data Assistants (PDA’s)

Yes

Yes

Note Check with your airline or travel agent for restrictions on the use of these and other electronic items during your flight.

Sharp Objects
Box Cutters

No

Yes

Ice Axes/Ice Picks

No

Yes

Knives - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives

No

Yes

Meat Cleavers

No

Yes

Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors.

No

Yes

Sabers

No

Yes

Scissors – metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches

Yes

Yes

Swords

No

Yes

Note Any sharp objects in checked baggage should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.
Sporting Goods
Baseball Bats

No

Yes

Bows and Arrows

No

Yes

Cricket Bats

No

Yes

Golf Clubs

No

Yes

Hockey Sticks

No

Yes

Lacrosse Sticks

No

Yes

Pool Cues

No

Yes

Ski Poles

No

Yes

Spear Guns

No

Yes

Can I take it?

Carry-on

Checked

Guns and Firearms

Ammunition - Check with your airline or travel agent to see if ammunition is permitted in checked baggage on the airline you are flying. If ammunition is permitted, it must be declared to the airline at check-in. Small arms ammunitions for personal use must be securely packed in fiber, wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition. Ask about limitations or fees, if any, that apply.

No

Yes

BB guns

No

Yes

Compressed Air Guns

No

Yes

Firearms - firearms carried as checked baggage MUST be unloaded,
packed in a locked hard-sided container, and declared to the airline at check-in.

No

Yes

Flare Guns

No

No

Gun Lighters

No

No

Gun Powder

No

No

Parts of Guns and Firearms

No

Yes

Pellet Guns

No

Yes

Realistic Replicas of Firearms

No

Yes

Starter Pistols

No

Yes

Note Check with your airline or travel agent to see if firearms are permitted in checked baggage on the airline you are flying. Ask about limitations or fees, if any, that apply. All of the firearms listed above, as well the frame or receiver of such firearms, carried as checked baggage, MUST be unloaded, packed in locked hard-sided gun case, and declared to your airline at check-in."
Tools
Axes and Hatchets

No

Yes

Cattle Prods

No

Yes

Crowbars

No

Yes

Hammers

No

Yes

Drills and drill bits - (including cordless portable power drills)

No

Yes

Saws - (including cordless portable power saws)

No

Yes

Tools - (greater than seven inches in length)

No

Yes

Tools - (seven inches or less in length)

Yes

Yes

Screwdrivers - (seven inches or less in length)

Yes

Yes

Wrenches and Pliers - (seven inches or less in length)

Yes

Yes

Note Any sharp objects in checked baggage should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and security screeners.
Martial Arts/Self Defense Items
Billy Clubs

No

Yes

Black Jacks

No

Yes

Brass Knuckles

No

Yes

Kubatons

No

Yes

Mace/Pepper Spray - One 118 ml or 4 Fl. oz. container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge. For more information visit www.faa.gov, click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly.

No

Yes

Martial Arts Weapons

No

Yes

Night Sticks

No

Yes

Nunchakus

No

Yes

Can I take it?

Carry-on

Checked

Martial Arts/Self Defense Items
Stun Guns/Shocking Devices

No

Yes

Throwing Stars

No

Yes

Note Any sharp objects in checked baggage should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury
to baggage handlers and security screeners.
Explosive Materials

Blasting Caps

No

No

Dynamite

No

No

Fireworks

No

No

Flares (in any form)

No

No

Hand Grenades

No

No

Plastic Explosives

No

No

Realistic Replicas of Explosives

No

No

Flammable Items
Aerosol - (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)

No

No

Fuels - (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel)

No

No

Gasoline

No

No

Gas Torches

No

No

Lighter Fluid

No

No

Lighters *
No *
No *
Strike-anywhere Matches **
No **
No **
Turpentine and Paint Thinner

No

No

Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries

No

No

*All lighters are prohibited as carry-on items. Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to DOT exemptions, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please refrain from bringing it to the airport.
** Up to 4 books of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage
Note There are other hazardous materials that are regulated by the FAA. This information is summarized at www.faa.gov, click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly.
Disabling Chemicals and Other Dangerous Items
Chlorine for Pools and Spas

No

No

Compressed Gas Cylinders - (including fire extinguishers)

No

No

Liquid Bleach

No

No

Spillable Batteries - (except those in wheelchairs)

No

No

Spray Paint

No

No

Tear Gas

No

No

Note There are other hazardous materials that are regulated by the FAA. This information is summarized at www.faa.gov, click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...iketeia_2B.jpg
spread love & smart-ass comments

www.myspace.com/tabuizm
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Tabuizm Send a message via AIM to Tabuizm Send a message via MSN to Tabuizm  
Unread
  (#2)
Former Rock Star

August 16, 2006, 07:52 PM

Whatever happened to underwear,socks and sit down and shut the fuck up

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

August 17, 2006, 07:00 AM

Looks pretty straightforward to me.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#4)
TIMMEH!

August 17, 2006, 07:51 AM

How are these rules hard for anyone to follow? Do not bring anything with you that could even POSSIBLY be construed as a weapon. And if you do feel the need to bring something like that on an airplane with you...Do us all a favor and PUT IT IN YOUR CHECKED BAGGAGE!!!!!! I can't stand it when some dumbass has scissors in his carry-on, and it holds everyone up, and all he can say is "What? I can't take those on the airplane with me?" One of these days I just want to yell "No, you can't take those on the airplane with you. It's been that way since 2001 dumbass, and it's probably not changing!"

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 17, 2006, 08:34 AM

From the same site, but I'm not about to read through your post and figure out if it's the same or not.

http://tsa-7.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tsa.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

August 17, 2006, 08:39 AM

It's not that complicated.
If it can be a weapon, don't bring it on the fucking plane.

Seriously, what the fuck do you need your lighter, scissors, etc for on the fucking plane flight? Just check them through and pick them up on the other end.... simple as that.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
Red Sox Nation

August 17, 2006, 08:46 AM

It's all good until something happens again. Scissors are alowed until a terrorist stabs someone in the eye with them, knitting needles are allowed until a disgruntled passenger chucks it at a co-pilot and so on. The whole pouring of the water out thing is the dumbest shit I've heard yet. They have people put them in the trash all over the airport... what if there really is explosive shit in the water!?! Then you have trash bags and shit blowing up all over the place.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#8)
Ling Long

August 17, 2006, 08:49 AM

Better than on the plane. On that note, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Why the fuck do you need scissors on the plane? Is there an arts and crafts seat that I'm missing?

It's fucking transportation people, not a swap meet. All you need is your ass in a seat, check the rest.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#9)
Former Rock Star

August 17, 2006, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -yz-
It's all good until something happens again. Scissors are alowed until a terrorist stabs someone in the eye with them, knitting needles are allowed until a disgruntled passenger chucks it at a co-pilot and so on. The whole pouring of the water out thing is the dumbest shit I've heard yet. They have people put them in the trash all over the airport... what if there really is explosive shit in the water!?! Then you have trash bags and shit blowing up all over the place.
Since Nitro Glycerin looks like water I'm fine with making you toss it out. And a can blowing up in the airport versus 30k feet with 100 passengers,uh yeah, I'll go for the can in the airport!!

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 25, 2006, 01:20 PM

FYI

Quote:
Refined Security Measures Announced
Effective Tuesday, September 26, TSA Is Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels.
  1. Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.
  2. After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.
At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

One thing that I found amusing was this:

Quote:
Essential non-prescription liquid and gel medications up to 4 oz per container (including saline solution, eye care products, and KY jelly)
Since when is KY Jelly an essential medication? Scot, you must have one hell of a lobby!

Last edited by rddy; September 25, 2006 at 01:23 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#11)
Rocket girl

September 25, 2006, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the 411!!!!!!

Angie
05 GSX-R 600 sold

I will be back on 2!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to angiegsxr 600 Send a message via MSN to angiegsxr 600