DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
1 members and 537 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Guilty?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Unhappy Guilty? - January 15, 2010, 10:24 AM

I know it's a horrible thing he did, but what exactly is he guilty of? I feel bad for the guy. The story is so sad...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/craiglis...news-5545.html

Craigslist has come under heavy fire for its adult-oriented sections, where a number of postings have resulted in tragic outcomes.

The very latest comes from Wyoming, where an ex-boyfriend of a 25-year-old woman made a posting on Craigslist that led to rape and assault.

According to the LA Times, on December 5, 2009 Jebidiah James Stipe posed as his ex-girlfriend and posted an ad on Craigslist seeking "a real aggressive man with no concern for women."

The 25-year-old ex-girlfriend spotted the ad two days after posting and notified the authorities to have the ad removed but not before Ty Oliver McDowell, 26, an employee of the WyomingMedicalCenter's radiology department, had viewed it.

McDowell told authorities that after responding to the ad, he received instant messages seeking "humiliation, physical abuse, sexual abuse," along with an address. Authorities say that McDowell was actually corresponding to Stipe.

The affidavit said that, on December 11, McDowell allegedly forced his way into the woman's home, then bound, blindfolded and gagged the 25-year-old woman, then raped her as he pressed a knife to her throat. McDowell thought that he was fulfilling her rape fantasy.

McDowell was arrested and charged with first-degree sexual assault, aggravated kidnapping and aggravated burglary. Stipe was also arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree sexual assault, reported the LA Times.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG og

January 15, 2010, 10:29 AM

heard about this yesterday.......

fry em both. You can't rehab rapists or kid touchers. Both sick f**ks. Or castrate with rusty butter knife.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 15, 2010, 10:29 AM

Really? You want to know what he did wrong? Please tell me you are not that fucking stupid?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

January 15, 2010, 10:32 AM

Oh my God that's awful. The guy should definitely be punished for posting an ad like that.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#5)
DAS BOOT

January 15, 2010, 10:33 AM

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#6)
cake > pie

January 15, 2010, 10:40 AM

Not that the women is guilty of anything but it stated she was aware of ad on CL. While waiting for CL admins to pull ad she should have posted as many other ads as possible in same section stating original ad was by an imposter.

example. some one steals my password and login for .net. comes on here trying to scam people. I find out. While waiting for admins to take action, I would create another account and create threads to make sure that everyone knew what was going on.

Last edited by absinthe_now; January 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

January 15, 2010, 10:42 AM

No, the guy placing the ad is totally guilty in my book. It's the guy who actually raped the girl that I question. He was duped. If your wife had some twisted fantasy (I hear it's no all that uncommon) to be raped, and you role played that out, would you be guilty of something? I don't think so.

I sort of feel the same way about this. If he honestly thought this was what she wanted, to what degree do you hold this against him?
Unread
  (#8)
Don't call my name

January 15, 2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
No, the guy placing the ad is totally guilty in my book. It's the guy who actually raped the girl that I question. He was duped. If your wife had some twisted fantasy (I hear it's no all that uncommon) to be raped, and you role played that out, would you be guilty of something? I don't think so.

I sort of feel the same way about this. If he honestly thought this was what she wanted, to what degree do you hold this against him?
At what point should he have taken a step back and thought "Here is a woman I have NEVER met in person, only through electronic communication, asking me to commit quite a few felony crimes. This isn't a good idea." Being remorseful and ignorant is much different than being innocent.

Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
Unread
  (#9)
Traction Control

January 15, 2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:

It depends HEAVILY on the conversations that occurred via email / aim. He could have easily been 100% tricked into thinking it was a real thing. and if that was the case the only thing against him would be why he would carry out that sexual act before ever meeting the person.

the chick has 0% blame. she asked for it to be pulled. she could have posted numerous ads to try to deter anyone from thinking it's real, but if the other guy was contacted by the ex bf, there's nothing she could have done about that

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

January 15, 2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I know it's a horrible thing he did, but what exactly is he guilty of? I feel bad for the guy. The story is so sad...

You feel bad for the guy? It looks like common sense took a vacation for both men in this story... Even if the rapist guy was thinking he was fulfilling her rape fantasy, there should have been a moment when he stopped before to see if the tears were real!

And for the guy posting the listing, I can see the first post being done in jest or to get revenge for being dumped (speculation), but to do the texting thing back n' forth with the critical info/address?!?!?! There was plenty of time and opportunity to realize that this was just going way too far~

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
2002 Suzuki Hayabusa
Unread
  (#11)
DAS BOOT

January 15, 2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_now View Post
Not that the women is guilty of anything but it stated she was aware of ad on CL. While waiting for CL admins to pull ad she should have posted as many other ads as possible in same section stating original ad was by an imposter.

example. some one steals my password and login for .net. comes on here trying to scam people. I find out. While waiting for admins to take action, I would create another account and create threads to make sure that everyone knew what was going on.

So... now it's her fault? Not all people really think things through. But she certainly didn't deserve to get what she got. Sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
At what point should he have taken a step back and thought "Here is a woman I have NEVER met in person, only through electronic communication, asking me to commit quite a few felony crimes. This isn't a good idea." Being remorseful and ignorant is much different than being innocent.
Sorry, +1.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#12)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 15, 2010, 10:46 AM

He broke into her house and took the word of somebody else on what this girl wanted!

So if I tell a complete stranger that you want to die and he walks up to you and puts a bullet into you head and kills you. That guy should be let go free because he is a fucking idiot for listening to me?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

January 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
He broke into her house and took the word of somebody else on what this girl wanted!

So if I tell a complete stranger that you want to die and he walks up to you and puts a bullet into you head and kills you. That guy should be let go free because he is a fucking idiot for listening to me?
nah nubbs i think the article meant the ex bf acted like he was the chick, so the "rapist" thought that it was her the whole time

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#14)
Mojito Anyone?

January 15, 2010, 10:50 AM

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#15)
TPG og

January 15, 2010, 10:51 AM

The chick reported it......some sicko saw it before it got yanked and went ahead and did it. Dude it set it up and dude who went through with it should BOTH be locked up forever...where they will get shanked in jail cuz even murderers and other convicts spit on rapists.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st