DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 583
7 members and 576 guests
BigDaddyShoo, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
gun purchase question
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

gun purchase question - February 19, 2007, 07:57 PM

My friend is purchasing a gun from another friend. Everything is legit. Is there any paperwork required by law? Do they need to go through an FFL dealer?

thanks!

ReppinDR

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

February 19, 2007, 08:14 PM

no. Nothing required by law but I would get the transfer of ownership on paper and have it notorized for that matter. An average FFL won't charge you much at all and it is nice to have for your records down the road.
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

February 20, 2007, 09:59 AM

Nothing required....none of my guns are registered with ATF all purchased from 3rd parties. Just another step in the man keeping tabs on your constitutional rights. Everyone needs a good "drop gun" something that is not registered to you. This way you can use it, wipe it off, and "drop it".
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 20, 2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC999
Nothing required....none of my guns are registered with ATF all purchased from 3rd parties. Just another step in the man keeping tabs on your constitutional rights. Everyone needs a good "drop gun" something that is not registered to you. This way you can use it, wipe it off, and "drop it".
That is why I wipe down guns that I look at with my own cloth! Don't want to leave a stray print around!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
Site Admin

February 20, 2007, 10:58 AM

here is a copy of email i recieved from VSP concerning this topic.....i sold a firearm a few months back, hope this helps.

Dear Sir,

To privately sell a firearm, it is recommended that you safeguard information pertaining to the transaction such as the date the firearm was sold, the complete name and address of the buyer, and the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. It is unlawful for an individual to purchase more than one handgun within any thirty-day period, even in private transactions, and unlawful to sell a handgun to a non-resident.

Should the firearm ever be located at a crime scene, trace of the firearm will determine the licensed dealer who last sold the firearm and will identify the last buyer of the firearm. To have your name removed from this process, you may consider placing your firearm on consignment with a licensed dealer. This will also ensure that the firearms are transferred only to lawfully eligible individuals.

I trust this information will be of assistance to you. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm.

Sincerely,

Donna K. Tate, Manager
Firearms Transaction Center
Virginia Department of State Police
Tel: (804) 674-2210
Fax: (804) 674-2791
Donna.Tate@vsp.virginia.gov

====================

PS....for my own records, i also made a copy of the other individuals drivers license also on the bill of sale.

Last edited by flipnduc; February 20, 2007 at 11:01 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

February 20, 2007, 11:15 AM

"Drop gun".......you guys dont play around! Thanks for all the info though, i just verified the same info with a rep at blue ridge arsenal.

ReppinDR

Unread
  (#7)
singin sweet home alabama

February 20, 2007, 11:28 AM

Very good info, thanks!

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#8)
Ducati addict

February 20, 2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC999
Dean- you need to calm down buddy
Unread
  (#9)
TEAM.SUKUZI

February 20, 2007, 01:07 PM

I was really excited when i purcahsed my first legal handgun like 5 years ago...got my ccw and all...now...i sold all but 1 and i don't care for it much...I have a very expensive Samurai sword collection - I keep them hidden all around the house, just in case-and it does more damage with no reloading

sex addict