DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 570
4 members and 566 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Happy 231st Birthday Devil Dogs!
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

Happy 231st Birthday Devil Dogs! - November 10, 2006, 06:29 AM

To all my fellow Marines on this site Former & Active, and their familes

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!

There are a lot of members on this site that have served in the Marine Corps. I realize that not all of you had experiences that you enjoyed as many of us have. I hope today that you can step back and honor the U.S. Marine Corps Essence, Traditions, and History...and honor those that have served in the finest Branch of the Military on the Planet Earth!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
I'm an Asshole

November 10, 2006, 06:54 AM

Semper FI

Errrrr

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#3)
Retired to most ...

November 10, 2006, 07:03 AM

Semper Fi

While I am prior Army a lot of my friends and family are Marines so Happy birthday to you all!!!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#4)
Meh

November 10, 2006, 08:20 AM

Happy birthday to the guys that get it done.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

November 10, 2006, 08:35 AM

happy b-day!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#6)
I wanna Ride !

November 10, 2006, 08:51 AM

Happy Birthday guys especially those that are very close to me

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."
---- Rainer Maria Rilke

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Face Down @$$ UP

November 10, 2006, 11:07 AM

Did 10 yrs with my bloved Corps..
Happy Birthday...Jarheads!
Jodies no nothing of a Marine....

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#8)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

November 10, 2006, 11:23 AM

Happy Birthday
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#9)
I'm so tired

November 10, 2006, 01:34 PM

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#10)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
November 10, 2006, 01:58 PM

Do or die.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#11)
Ballaugh Bridge

November 10, 2006, 04:07 PM

OORAH

http://www.mcnews.info/mcnewsinfo/moh/
By Staff Sgt. Scott Dunn, Headquarters Marine Corps

QUANTICO, Va. (Nov. 10, 2006) – A corporal who died shielding men in his care from a bursting grenade deserves America’s highest military decoration, President Bush has confirmed.

Actions by Cpl. Jason L. Dunham, who would have turned 25 today, merit the Medal of Honor, Bush said at the National Museum of the Marine Corps’ dedication ceremony, which coincided with the 231st Marine Corps anniversary.

On April 14, 2004, in Iraq near the Syrian border, the corporal used his helmet and his body to smother an exploding Mills Bomb let loose by a raging insurgent whom Dunham and two other Marines tried to subdue.

The explosion dazed and wounded Lance Cpl. William Hampton and Pfc. Kelly Miller. The insurgent stood up after the blast and was immediately killed by Marine small-arms fire.

Dunham lay face down with a shard the size of a dress-shirt button lodged in his head. The hard, molded mesh that was his Kevlar helmet was now scattered yards around into clods and shredded fabric. Dunham never regained consciousness and died eight days later at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., with his mother and father at his bedside.

Dunham’s commanding officers from 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, investigated his actions and nominated him for the Medal of Honor. After two years and seven months making its way to the White House, the nomination now has the necessary approval from the president. Next, the president will present the medal and citation to the Dunhams.

Hoping the president would make the Medal of Honor announcement on their son’s birthday, Dan and Debra Dunham drove to Quantico from their home in Scio, N.Y. Dunham is buried in Scio.

Before Dunham, the last Marine actions to earn the medal happened May 8, 1970, in Vietnam, according to Marine Corps History Division records. A Medal of Honor citation details Lance Cpl. Miguel Keith’s machine-gun charge that inspired a platoon facing nearly overwhelming odds: Wounded, Keith ran into “fire-swept terrain.” Wounded again by a grenade, he still attacked, taking out enemies in the forward rush. Keith fought until mortally wounded; his platoon came out on top despite being heavily outnumbered.

The last Marine to receive the Medal of Honor was Maj. Gen. James L. Day, who distinguished himself as a corporal in the Battle of Okinawa in 1945. On Jan. 20, 1998, more than half a century later, President Bill Clinton presented the medal to Day. He passed away that year.

Since the Long War began, the president has presented one Medal of Honor. On April 4, 2003, during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Army Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith posthumously earned the medal for organizing a defense that held off a company-sized attack on more than 100 vulnerable coalition soldiers. In the defense, Smith manned a .50 caliber machine gun in an exposed position until he was mortally wounded.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#12)
unapologetic

November 10, 2006, 04:16 PM

Happy Birthday, Marines.

Semper Fi.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#13)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

November 10, 2006, 08:07 PM

SEMPER FI

ALL YOUR JARHEADS ARE BELONG TO US!!

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

November 10, 2006, 08:56 PM

OORAH! One of the few meaningful experiences in my life... Gotta love it!

Truth: Marines are the Ambassadors in Blue, they can be found in all "climes" and place.

...But, do you know how a Marine "rates" the countries and cities he's toured?

...By how easy it is to get laid, get drunk, and get in a fight.

...Go figure.
Unread
  (#15)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

November 10, 2006, 11:18 PM

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday to my fellow Marines out there! We're all looking pretty damn good to be so old....at least I am!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga