DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 585
3 members and 582 guests
2blueyam, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

February 1, 2004, 11:33 AM

I love this!

full article: http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/adama.html

Quote:
WHALE OF A TALE
Thanks to a Kindly Contributor. We took some liberties with this - we left out some images, because we think the Lads take them from other people. We try to be fair about this. We left out the certificates, just because. They were the usual affair. BUT - the remaining picture is great, and is obviously either the Lads, or some guys they talked into posing for a silly picture. And now on with the scam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a Pillock

The cast

Philip Adama - your average scammer

Hal Munster III - your average victim, except he lives on San Juan Island, in the far northwest of Washington state. The island is remarkable for a thriving whale-watching industry, and for having no Western Union agent.

Sidick Adebayo - your average scammer's sidekick/alter ego at the bank

Stacey Thomas - Hal's randy teenage granddaughter

Mike Udoka - Adama's son and the object of Stacey's affections. Is he lovestruck or just confused.

Pamela Munster - Hal's wife and, according to Adama, unbiblically getting above her station

This is my first attempt and I didn't realise until the end how many emails we exchanged! Adama wasn't as dense as some so I didn't get him to drive round West Africa but I did waste some of his time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip Adama

Standard scam opener

Sent: 17 October 2003 22:55
To: Hal Munster III
Subject: BUSINESS CONTACT

Dear Sir,

I am Barrister Philip Adama, a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney to Mr. Ralf Lin, who used to work with Shell Development Company in Nigeria.

On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along sagbama express road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost there lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy here to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to look for any body who will be willing to assist me in recovering the fund valued at US$10.5 million left behind by my client before it gets confisicated or declared unserviceable by the Bank where this huge amount were deposited.

The said Bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confisicated within the next twenty one official working days.Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased hence I have all the legal document to back you up for the claim, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.

Therefore, on receipt of your positive response, we shall then discuss on how we can sharing the funds when it get into your account. I have all necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up for claim. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

IF YOU ARE VERY MUCH READY TO PROCEED with me, THEN CONTACT ME 0N THIS E-Mail ;adamaphilip@yahoo.com

Best Regards

Barrister Philip Adama

Hal Munster III

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:48:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: BUSINESS CONTACT
To: adamaphilip@yahoo.com

Hi Phil

I'm interested - please tell me more. By the way, all my friends call me Hal - is it OK to call you Phil?

Regards,

Hal Munster III

Philip Adama

Received: from [81.199.83.40] by web11905.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: BUSINESS CONTACT
To: "Harold Munster"

DEAR HAL,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMAIL AND INTEREST IN THIS PENDING TRANSACTION.TO BE PRECISE, HERE IS FULL DETAILS OFHOW THIS DEAL WILL BE ACHIEVED AND WILL BE COMPLETEDIN TWO WEEKS.

FIRSTLY, I WILL LIKE TO CLEARLY MAKE YOUUNDERSTAND,THAT LEGALLY, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, AS FAR AS THIS INHERITANCE CLAIM IS CONCERNED. AS AN ATTORNEY WITH TWENTY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, I MAKE BOLD TO SAY WITH FULL AUTHORITY,THAT THIS BUSINESS IS 100% SAFE.

THE DECEASED WAS MY CLAINT.THIS , MEANS THAT I AM MANDATED TO CARRY OUT TO LOOK FOR HIS NEXT OF KIN NOW THAT HIS LATE, HENCE I WAS HIS FAMILY ATTORNEY FOR SEVERAL YEARS, UNTIL HIS DEATH.I WAS HIS CLOSEST CONFIDANT IN BUSSINESS DEALINGS.

AS EXPLAINED ABOVE, THE DECEASED HAD NO NEXT OF KIN TO INHERIT THE MENTIONED AMOUNT AND HIS ENTIRE ESTATE. BEEN THE DECEASED ATTORNEY, I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN CONFIRM TO HIS BANK, THE CLAIM OF ANY NEXT OF KIN,AND ALSO ADVICE THE BANK TO EFFECT PAYMENT TO SUCH A BENEFICIARY.

WHY I CONTACTED YOU , IS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ANY OF HIS RELETIVES AND COULD NOT FINED ANY TO STAND AS HIS NEXT OF KIN SO I WILL LIKE TO PRESENT YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THE DECEASED, AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO PUT IN A CLAIM AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THE DECEASED.WHEN I AUTHORIZE THE PAYMENT TO YOU, AND THE MONEY GETS INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WILL TAKE 40% WHILE I TAKE 60%. IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS I WILL IMMEDIATELY INFORM YOU ON HOW YOU WILL APPLY TO HIS BANK FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FUND.

THE ABOVE IS A VERY CONCISE EXPLANATION OF THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION. THIS MENTIONED PROCESS, WILL ONLY TAKE TEN BANKING DAYS TO COMPLETE, FROM THE DAY THAT YOU SUBMITS THE APPLICATION TO THE BANK WITCH I WILL DIRECT YOU ON HOW TO DO THAT, AND I WILL ONLY CONTINUE THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU, ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU WILL PROMISE TO BE ABSOLUTELY HONEST TO ME, AND THAT YOU WILL RESPECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION, AND KEEP IT AS SUCH.

AGAIN WE WILL HAVE TO FAMILIARIZE OURSELVES, BY PROVIDING A PICTURE IDENTITY OF OURSELVES, SO THAT WE CAN BOTH KNOW WHOM WE ARE DEALING WITH . YOU WILL NEED TO SEND TO ME YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS WERE I CAN ALWAYS CONTACT YOU.

IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE VERY MUCH READY TO PROCEED, THEN CONTACT ME AT ONCE.

WARMEST REGARDS,

PHIL
CALL ME:234-8033-222-882

Hal Munster III

Old Hal's math is never very good - the money and his share fluctuate throughout. As any % of nothing is nothing, Adama doesn't bother to correct.

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Business - Questions
To: philip adama" <adamaphilip@yahoo.com

Hi Phil

Greetings from an overcoast, wet Northwest - I guess its a sight warmer where you are! Great to hear from you - I can tell you with retirement next year I could sure use some cash. I've $50,000 saved towards my retirement home but $4.5 million means I could set my sights higher!!

Thanks for your phone number - I may be old fashioned but I'm leery of giving mine out so someone I don't know. Hows about we stick with email for now?

I've had a few questions I want to run past you.

- Seems kinda hard to believe that this guy with $10 million to his name doesn't have any relatives. What if one turns up after we've done the deal. Guess the bank would put them on to me, and I sure wouldn't want anyone after me for $10 million (specially if you have $4 million of it).

- What about my name - Munster's not even close to Lin. How will we convince anyone I'm next of kin? Wil I have to change my name?

- Will I need to come to Nigeria. Never been away from the Northwest - I'll have to get a passport. Might I catch AIDS? I've heard bad things from Nigeria - don't you stone people if they get their end away? Will Pamela be safe?

- Should I get an attorney to check out my end of this - I'll need one next year when we buy that retirement place so I guess I could start looking now.

I guess you've covered all these angles, but please put an old man's mind to rest.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Hal

Philip Adama

Received: from [81.199.83.40] by web11906.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:37:12 PDT
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Business - Questions
To: "Harold Munster"

Dear Hal,

I thank you for these questions in fact i expected it from you.

I want you to beleive that God has rememberd you this day so as you are retirering next year you will have more than you expected to establish yourself and your house hold.

1. when Mr. lin came to our country as an expertriet many years ago as he told me that after his education he was asked to come and work with one of our oil makerting companies called shell Development oil company that he did not intend to stay long but as years come and go he have to stay and head one department of the coporation.

2.I have worked for him for about 15 years and all his documents that is with me shows that his wife and child happened to be his next of kin so anybody that I introduced to bank is his next of kin and I will back the person up with every neccessary document that is with me to prove that you are really the next of kin.

your name dose not matter i will cover you up.

You will not come to nigeria and you will not travel out of your country i will send to you a text of application that you will send to the bank and when that is done the bank will tell you when and how they will transfer the money to you.

You dont need any attoney in this case i am one and I will stand for you as your attorney here.

Be rest assured that their is no risk involved in this business in any way as I will be directing you on what to do and how to do it so fill free to give to me your telephone number and i will like you to call me for more briefing and my picture is attached so that you will know who your dealling with and I will also want you to send yours to me too.

thanks

Phil

[Headshot of a middle-aged guy in a suit. Omitted - who knows where they got it. Was he really silly enough to send his own headshot?]

Hal Munster III

Time to drop a hint there may be some cash around the house

Date:Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:07:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:What's the next step?
To:"philip adama" <adamaphilip@yahoo.com>

Hi Phil

Just got up to walk the dog - what a lousy morning. Fog, drizzle, you name it. Anyway,thought I'd check email so thanks for getting back to me - it all sounds too good to be true but seems you've fixed everything. Thanks for the photo; I don't have one scanned right now but my daughter's family are coming over this weekend and her husband's got a digital camera so I'll get him to take a photo. Will it be OK if I send it this weekend?

I feel like I'm getting to trust you so I'll give you my phone number - its 206-350 0581 and I guess you'll have to put an international code on that. Never been abroad so I don't know the code - sorry. It's a phone and fax combined but please be careful using it. I've not told Pamela about our deal and I don't know what she'd make of calls from Nigerai. Can't wait to get the money though - she's been fundraising for a new hall at her church for the last 6 months and has raised $35,000 of the $60,000 they need. I'm looking forward to seeing her face when I write a check for the difference and more!! But for now it would be best that I don't make any international calls - its just gonna make her nervous if she finds out. Email works fine - she's not got my password so we're safe.

I've been thinking that having all your money come to my bank is bound to set tongues wagging. We're only a small community and everyone knows everybody's business. Would you be able to put the money in your client account (I guess attorneys the world over have such things) and transfer my share bit by bit to me? If this woun't work, maybe I should get an out of state account. What do you reckon?

Sorry to keep burdening you with questions - this kind of high finance is way outside of my experience. I'm sure glad I've got someone I can trust to help me! Let me know what I need to do next (after a cold, wet walk!).

With best wishes,

Hal

Philip Adama

Received:from [192.116.71.200] by web11903.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:18:37 PDT
Date:Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:18:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:Re: What's the next step?
To:"Harold Munster"

Dear Hal,

Thanks for your response to my mail. I am really happy about it, I will want you to officially apply To the bank for the release of the fund into your given account. The Response from the bank will determine when the funds will be transferred into your account.

Below is a text of how your application to the bank should look like.

Apply in this form,
THE MANAGER
STANDARD TRUST BANK (PLC)
P .O .BOX 10027
APAPA LAGOS
NIGERIA.
TEL: 234-803-352-6676
Fax: 234-1-759-1600
Email: standard1trust1bank@financier.com

RE: APPLICATION FOR THE RELEASE OF
($10.5 MILLION DOLLARS)

I here by apply for the release of the sum of (US$10.5 MILLION US DOLLARS) belonging to my late cousin (Mr. Ralf Lin) who died with his family with a car accident Along sagbama expressway On April 21, 2000

My bank particulars is as follows:

1, your name, address and phone number

2, Bank name
Bank address
Account no
Telephone and fax no

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Best regards.

Your name

Remember that your business or position does not matter in this business, but only your sincerity, honesty and cooperation is the only thing that is needed and I will like you to be bold whenever your with speaking with any of officials when you contact them.

Nevertheless, for your information this business remains secret and should not be told to a third part not even your best friends, be advised.

I want us to be in close contact all the time for the urgent conclusion of this transaction that is to say you should be calling me, I do not believe in writing
mail when it come to business that involve a larg amount of money like this.

Please you should email this application Immediately you receive this mail.

N.B: You should also send to me a copy of the application to me for my own record.

I have decided to offer you 40% of the total funds for your assistance immediately after we successfully conclude this transaction and I can assure you that you will be a happy person at the end of this transaction.

finaly,I will be expecting your picture by weekend just as you said please do not forget to send it because it is very important i have and I will advise you to get a cell phone where I can always contact you for the urgent conclussion of this transaction so that we can be discussing on telephone rather than email please this is important.

Do this immediately.

thanks,

Philip.

Hal Munster III

Better play for time, and also drop some hints that living on a small island may cause difficulties when funds need transferring

Date:Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:Bank Accounts

Hi Phil

Another dreary morning here - thick fog. Won't be doing much today - bit of maintenance on the boat but that's about all. Make the most of your african sunshine, mate!

Thanks for your email - did you read mine where I said I wasn't sure about putting this sort of money through my account here. Tongues wag, you know. Do you have a client account we could use, then send my share bit by bit to me?

We don't go for cell phones round here - the coverage on land is patchy and when I'm out on the boat, forget it! I've CB back to Pamela and VHF for the coastguard and they do me just fine.

Let me know what you reckon about the bank account - we don't want to miss that deadline.

Cheers for now,

Hal

Philip Adama

Received:from [192.116.71.200] by web11907.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:59:29 PDT
Date:Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:Re: Bank Accounts

Dear hal,

thanks for your email.

I want you to understand that this transaction is a very confidential one and it must remain secret so there is no way we can use any of my cleints account to receive this money rather you tell the bank to transfer the funds bit by bit.

thanks,

Philip

Hal Munster III

Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Phil

Can I get this straight - will your (or Mr Lin's) bank be able to transfer the funds bit by bit to me, or do I need to set up an out of state account to receive the full sum for me? Can you let me know soonest as setting up any new account is bound to take a little while (particularly post 9/11). Also, how will you want me to pay you your share - do you have a bank account ready for that?

Hoping for your quick reply,

Hal

Philip Adama

Received:from [81.199.83.40] by web11901.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:31:17 PDT
Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:Send the form

Dear Hal,

Yes the bank can transfer the funds bit by bit so you should feel the application form and send it to the bank And after that you write them other email asking them to transfer the money bit by bit with this they will take your instruction and do as you requested.

Please do have in mind that as soon as the funds are in your account I will come over to your country for the sharing of the funds and also I will go into any profitable investment there witch you will direct me on that.

Please do send the form immediately you receive this mail.

Thanks,

phil

Hal Munster III

Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Phil

Hey - its a nice day today!! Just nipped in for a bite to eat but I'm off out to sea this afternoon. Paying customers too - life is good!!!

I'd not realised the whole $20 million was coming my way - I thought it was just my share. I need to get another account particularly as it may be risk free at your end but since 9/11 we have FBI, Homeland Security and anyone else looking into anything out of the ordinary. I'll check out the net for online banks and try to get something fixed up over the weekend. I'll send your form in as soon as I can.

Stick with me and we'll get there, I'm sure. And stay safe from that polio outbreak I've heard about on the news.

Cheers,

Hal

Philip Adama

Getting twitchy - he wants more progress

Received:from [192.116.71.200] by web11906.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:17:52 PDT
Date:Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

Dear hal,

thanks for your mail.

now I will want you to have in mind that the only way we can conclude this transaction sucessfuly is when you follow my instruction exactly the I directed you.

now I will advise you to send the application form to the bank and also ask them to please open an online account for you so that they will get the funds transferred into the online account.

Please go ahead and do ask I directed you.

I will be seriously expecting you to do that today because time is runing out.

Thanks,

philip
Read the rest here: http://www.ladsfromlagos.com/adama.html

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride