DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 257
3 members and 254 guests
Diggy, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Have Youtube load videos much FASTER
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Have Youtube load videos much FASTER - March 26, 2013, 09:01 AM

Thank you Reddit! For now this works like a champ. Gawd damn annoying waiting for YT vids to load when i know my connection is fast.

For windows: (he has link for non windows)
How to stop YouTube sucking (Windows guide) | Mitch's Space

Quote:
Enough talking. Here’s what you need to do:
  1. Click the Start button, type “cmd”, and right click the icon to ‘Run As Administrator’ (Screenshot 1)
  2. You will likely see a UAC prompt, hit “Yes” (Screenshot 2)
  3. The command prompt window will open, this is where you will type in the commands to set your firewall rules (Screenshot 3)
  4. Enter the following command and hit Enter. If it works, you should see a big “OK”.
Quote:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="MITCHRIBARYTUBE" dir=in action=block remoteip=173.194.55.0/24,206.111.0.0/16 enable=yes
Rules can be easily removed too. Just get back into the command prompt in the same way and run this command, hit Enter again:
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="MITCHRIBARYTUBE"

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

March 26, 2013, 09:02 AM

How fast is your connection?

Nothing I say is to be taken seriously.

2004 Black ZX636
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedKing View Post
How fast is your connection?
At home 75/30

But my true test was at work. They throttle, so i never knew if it was them or just shitty youtube. After putting in this command, shit loads FAST

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Mojito Anyone?

March 26, 2013, 09:12 AM

niceeeeeeeee

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
niceeeeeeeee
no joke dude.. have no idea how long this will last, but its a fucking champ.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 09:20 AM

interesting. On my work machine, i am noticing that my Google searches and links are working MUCH faster also...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Mojito Anyone?

March 26, 2013, 09:25 AM

I'll have to run a few other tests to see if I really see a difference.. youtube loaded a bit faster.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#8)
Sewing Machine Rider

March 26, 2013, 09:31 AM

I'm surprised this still works after it hit reddit. Seems like you're basically refusing to connect to the CDN so it's routing you to a failover, which is probably underutilized or doesn't throttle. If enough people do the same thing, it's going to get slow.
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 09:37 AM

let me know. At work they were slow as ballz, and i was thinking it was the filters blocking out the tracking and ads..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
I'm surprised this still works after it hit reddit. Seems like you're basically refusing to connect to the CDN so it's routing you to a failover, which is probably underutilized or doesn't throttle. If enough people do the same thing, it's going to get slow.
yup yup...i figure it wont last long.. haha

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

March 26, 2013, 11:20 AM

Thanks Spud.
Over the last 4-5 months my Youtube loading speeds were dragging on both my laptop and iDevices (especially the Ipad). 50/25 connection should easily be able to handling YT streaming; it does for everything else.
I sometimes found myself resorting to manually switching the resolution to 480 to get the content to load w/o buffering.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

March 26, 2013, 11:28 AM

Just tested it on this video at 1080. Works like a charm. Spud, you rule man.

2007 ZX-6R

Joshua
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

March 26, 2013, 11:32 AM

Guide for the MAC version:
How to stop TWC sucking at Youtube | Mitch's Space

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Thanks Spud.
Over the last 4-5 months my Youtube loading speeds were dragging on both my laptop and iDevices (especially the Ipad). 50/25 connection should easily be able to handling YT streaming; it does for everything else.
I sometimes found myself resorting to manually switching the resolution to 480 to get the content to load w/o buffering.
Like I said, at work I thought it was the filters and such or throttling. I damn sure hope this stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenWeenie View Post
Just tested it on this video at 1080. Works like a charm. Spud, you rule man.
Glad I could help.

Side note, I think if you could get this rule added to your firewall on your router, I bet YT on your ipad/iphone/mobile devices will load fast too. I dont have time right now. Anyone got a moment to test this?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

March 26, 2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
nice!

He have one for updating your router? So you dont have to do it to all your connected devices..

Alex
13 Honda Fury