DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 289
2 members and 287 guests
Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
HELL YEAH, GO DIRECTV!!! **Press Release**
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

HELL YEAH, GO DIRECTV!!! **Press Release** - February 20, 2007, 10:58 PM

Press Release

DIRECTV To Offer 100 National HD Channels in 2007
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2007 - DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is hailing 2007 as the "Year of HD" with the planned launch and carriage of 100 national high-definition (HD) channels. With this substantial HD muscle, DIRECTV will offer three-times more HD programming than any other multi-channel distributor, with the majority of these channels launching in Q3. DIRECTV also announced today that it currently has signed agreements, or agreements in principle, with more than 70 major networks including:
  • A&E
  • Bravo
  • Cartoon Network
  • CNN
  • Food Network
  • FX
  • HGTV
  • MTV National Geographic
  • NFL Network
  • SciFi Channel
  • Speed
  • TBS
  • The History Channel
  • The Weather Channel
  • USA Network
DIRECTV will also extend its leadership in HD sports programming by offering hundreds of games and other HD programming available from Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) around the country, including YES Network, Comcast Sports Net, New England Sports Network and FOX Sports.
To satisfy the insatiable appetite for a greater number of movies in HD, DIRECTV will offer an expanded line-up of HD programming available from all premium movie channels.
"This is DIRECTV's break-out year for HD," said Chase Carey, president and CEO, DIRECTV, Inc. "The launch of our two new satellites will complete the largest capacity expansion in DIRECTV history, and no other video service will be able to match the sheer volume and quality of our HD programming. With HD adoption now reaching critical mass in the U.S., and 40 million homes projected to have HD-capable TV's this year, DIRECTV will be uniquely positioned as the best choice for HD programming."
With the launch of DIRECTV 10 and DIRECTV 11 satellites in 2007, DIRECTV will have the ability to deliver more than 1,500 local HD and digital channels and 150 national HD channels, in addition to new advanced programming services for customers.
DIRECTV currently offers standard-definition local channels in 142 markets, covering nearly 94 percent of television households in the country, as well as local HD broadcast channels in 49 cities, representing more than 65 percent of U.S. TV households.

Now hurry up so we can see some MOtOcycle racing in HD dammit!

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

February 21, 2007, 12:01 AM

Don't get your hopes up. The only racing content that is available in HD is NASCAR to my knowledge.

I know that MotoGP isn't being transmitted in HD as of now, and neither is the ALMS, Grand AM, AMA Superbikes, A1GP, F1 etc...

The channel may be HD but that doesn't mean all the content will be. Half the shows on my HD channels aren't even in HD.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
TIMMEH!

February 21, 2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
Don't get your hopes up. The only racing content that is available in HD is NASCAR to my knowledge.

I know that MotoGP isn't being transmitted in HD as of now, and neither is the ALMS, Grand AM, AMA Superbikes, A1GP, F1 etc...

The channel may be HD but that doesn't mean all the content will be. Half the shows on my HD channels aren't even in HD.
Sheesh...Who made you the wet blanket?

Actually, you're right, half the programming on most HD channels isn't HD yet. Which is ubsurd, considering the fact that if I'm paying the extra money a month to have a HD receiver, I obviously have an HD TV, and if I have an HD TV, then I WANT HD PROGRAMMING BISHES!

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#4)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

February 21, 2007, 07:33 AM

Yeah, if you want to see some motorcycle racing in HD you have to get dish. They have this foriegn version of speed and there are tons of races of all styles of riding. It's their HD channels that they bought from VOOM which was a sat company that was all HD but went under.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

February 21, 2007, 07:40 AM

Good for directv

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

February 21, 2007, 08:50 AM

I wonder how cable companies will respond.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:03 AM

If they make me get ANOTHER sat on my roof or change out my RECEIVERs AGAIN to get the new channels, i will cancel my service on the SPOT!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
TIMMEH!

February 21, 2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
If they make me get ANOTHER sat on my roof or change out my RECEIVERs AGAIN to get the new channels, i will cancel my service on the SPOT!

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:

Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
Unread
  (#9)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

February 21, 2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
No you wont
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:28 AM

dude, you HAVE NO IDEA all the crap i have been dealing with. I counted more than 3 saturdays wating around ALL day for them to call at the end of the day saying they wernt showing up. First to put the new sat up that can receive the local HD channels. Then, to not have the tivo receiver available to even see the new channels on the SAT for 6 months. Now that they are out, they only let you get ONE tivo receiver b/c of short supplies.... i ordered mine 3 months ago and they are finally coming to "install" it on saturday. um yeah, i negotiated picking up a 2nd one from Best Buy b/c they screwed me so many times.

Ive had the newer tivo reciever for a month now. OMG does it suck compared to the previous one. the GUI to record stuff is all different. It doest do the tivo boop sound. yes i like it. and, it used to jump back 5 seconds when you hit play after fast forwarding b/c most the time by the time you see where to stop and then hit play, you are too far ahead. The new one DOES NOT jump back!

sometimes if i FF, when i hit play the sound is off by 3 seconds and i have to hit pause then play for it to work right. when you set it to record a series of shows.. before i could just say anytime you see that show at anytime on a specific channel, to record. on the new one you have set it to record series at every time slot.

/rant over

i hate the new tivo receiver.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArRrR6
No you wont
seriously dude.. I WILL. my parents have HD cable and im not seeing it much different as a better alternative.

oh and theyve adjusted my sat 5 times to stop it from blanking out the sound/video that it does on occasion.

fak!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
TIMMEH!

February 21, 2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
dude, you HAVE NO IDEA all the crap i have been dealing with. I counted more than 3 saturdays wating around ALL day for them to call at the end of the day saying they wernt showing up. First to put the new sat up that can receive the local HD channels. Then, to not have the tivo receiver available to even see the new channels on the SAT for 6 months. Now that they are out, they only let you get ONE tivo receiver b/c of short supplies.... i ordered mine 3 months ago and they are finally coming to "install" it on saturday. um yeah, i negotiated picking up a 2nd one from Best Buy b/c they screwed me so many times.

Ive had the newer tivo reciever for a month now. OMG does it suck compared to the previous one. the GUI to record stuff is all different. It doest do the tivo boop sound. yes i like it. and, it used to jump back 5 seconds when you hit play after fast forwarding b/c most the time by the time you see where to stop and then hit play, you are too far ahead. The new one DOES NOT jump back!

sometimes if i FF, when i hit play the sound is off by 3 seconds and i have to hit pause then play for it to work right. when you set it to record a series of shows.. before i could just say anytime you see that show at anytime on a specific channel, to record. on the new one you have set it to record series at every time slot.

/rant over

i hate the new tivo receiver.
I had no idea the new tivo receiver was that bad...I was thinking about switching to DirecTV when or if my wife and I move (we have DishNetwork right now) but maybe I'll rethink that!

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:

Unread
  (#13)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

February 21, 2007, 09:47 AM

stay with dish. Direct installers (although some work both sides) are almost unschedulable. Dish prides itself on it's customer service. You have tons of retailers in the area that dish pays to get to you. The price difference isn't to steep between the two. The only reason direct is better is if you're a football fanatic. Other than that: Dishnetworks products are reliable and user friendly. Direct is like webtv. Old annoying and out-dated.

Dishnetwork fo life...

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:48 AM

oh, i find out how crappy it is every day and im sure i havnt listed a few things.

What i said above is posted on other websites. I thought that since i can now see local HD shows w/out the antannae that the shortfalls could be overlooked.

Not sure anymore.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:50 AM

unfort, the Wife LOVES NFL TICKET. *sigh

Alex
13 Honda Fury