DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 429
2 members and 427 guests
HotRod1200, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Help find the Wii....
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

Help find the Wii.... - November 26, 2007, 08:47 AM

So one of the Partners at the Flooring Company I work at has a son who's birthday is next week and he really has his heart set on one of those Wii things.

Of course poor planning on his part made him wait until now to try to buy one, not thinking of the Christmas holiday (Don't ask me how. His son is 10, surely this happenes every year, but whatever).

He says he has checked several places in Leesburg & Sterling (he lives in Purcellville) and says everybody is sold out. I don't know anything about these game machines. He says it is the one that cost like $250. It came out last year apparently and he said he didn't think it would be a problem finding one.

Anybody have any ideas where he should look, or is he just SOL?

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
Posting Nothing Relevant

November 26, 2007, 08:57 AM

craigslist has TONs of them. i just sold mine 2 days ago on there. but he has to be ready to pay, they go for about $375-$400 for just the core system, msrp is $250.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 26, 2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
craigslist has TONs of them. i just sold mine 2 days ago on there. but he has to be ready to pay, they go for about $375-$400 for just the core system, msrp is $250.
Thanks for the info...Looks like that kid is getting Legos

Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
Typical Stripper

November 26, 2007, 09:10 AM

Man - I should have kept mine and sold it now.... didnt realize they are going for so much again...

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
God Made Me Wrong

November 26, 2007, 09:16 AM

www.wiitracker.com if you are looking to try and get one from a retail joint.

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.

Last edited by Bexxx; November 26, 2007 at 09:19 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )

November 26, 2007, 09:25 AM

The wii is one of the most popular and sought after systems. I've played PS3, Xbox360...etc...etc...

Out of all of them I like the wii and the Xbox360 is a close second. I like the fact that the wii you actually have to move in order to make things happen.

That being said...check some of the gamestop places out as well. My boss bought one for $250. If you go to BestBuy ask someone when their shipments come in. That's how I bought mine...I walked in and the guy was putting them on the rack...within 5 minutes or so they were all gone.

If you want MSRP you can do it but it will take some effort hunting one down.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
( * )|( * )

November 26, 2007, 11:47 AM

I checked the Best Buy in Manassas while I was out...plenty of games/controllers but no wii.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 26, 2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks

Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

November 26, 2007, 11:51 AM

I know Spud called around to find a few.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 26, 2007, 11:57 AM

Well I know it is a long shot finding one and at the correct price, but you never know until you ask right? One thing I have learned on my almost 5 years on this site, is that the membership knows where all the secret stashes of stuff are and where are the deals are!

We are like our own little mafia! I mean think about it...we even get all our news from The Godfather

Unread
  (#11)
Eddie would go ...

November 26, 2007, 11:59 AM

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...489910809.html

tell him $265 and the 'mafia' will let him live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#12)
Serial Killer

November 26, 2007, 11:59 AM

IF you can find one in a store now, you'd be a very lucky person. I lucked out and got a tip that Amazon.com had some in stock, and were selling them on a certain date and time. Got mine for $249 and free shipping.

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#13)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 26, 2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...489910809.html

tell him $265 and the 'mafia' will let him live...
Is that your Craiglisting or are you just showing it to me? He would go $265.

Unread
  (#14)
Eddie would go ...

November 26, 2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Is that your Craiglisting or are you just showing it to me? He would go $265.
just one out there....be fast, bring cash and Guido....done

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

November 27, 2007, 10:32 AM

1 year later and you still have to be a PI to locate one.. Crazy!!

Guzz, you just have to keep calling until the shipment comes in. Gamestop website gives you the long list of local numbers...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud