DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
1 members and 561 guests
nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Help, I got frauded
Unread
  (#1)
Traction Control

Help, I got frauded - June 19, 2009, 09:23 AM

So I sold a laptop for $1500 on ebay. The buyer asked to ship to Indonesia instead of the US address on his paypal account. I didn't see anything wrong with that so I said sure. I saw the funds in my paypal account on Weds so I was like "OK, the money is mine now, I'll ship it". I ship the package yesterday morning. Got an email yesterday afternoon saying it was an unauthorized purchase on the buyers account. Paypal TOOK MY MONEY out of my account and returned it to the buyer. They said that since I didn't ship to the address on his paypal account, they don't cover it with fraud protection. I tried to stop the package at the post office but the current status on the tracking number is "processed and left our Dulles VA sort facility"(which I assume means, on the plane to Indonesia). So here's my question. The form that I filled out with the post office is to stop shipment and return the package, but once the package arrives in Indonesia, can USPS still bring it back? I don't assume USPS has a sorting facility out there. I would think it's a transfer to Indonesian postal service and once it reaches there, the USPS package return form doesn't apply. Is that right? Can I stop it at customs?? HELP!

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

June 19, 2009, 09:27 AM

You need to do everything you can with the shipper. I guess in this case it's USPS. I'd be on the horn with them right away until I got someone to say it will be returned before getting into the hands of the Indonesians.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Owner & Creator

June 19, 2009, 09:27 AM

Ouch. Did you do research on the buyers info? Search his name, email, user names, ebay account names?
Unread
  (#4)
superdupernunu

June 19, 2009, 09:32 AM

wow how the hell can they take out the money just like that? unauthorized purchase? what does that entail exactly?
sux buddy, best of luck getting it back

let's f*cking rage!
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG - screw face

June 19, 2009, 09:32 AM

man i don't ship shiz until the money is my BANK account...F that. And for that amount of cash...i'da waited until it was in my hand.

I do agree with OSD though...definitely get on the horn and use that tracking number to stop the package. I think they can issue a stop shipment / return to sender or something like that....may cost you a lil extra though...not to sure.

edit - ah..i see u already did that. I don't think the package is gonna go directly from Dulles to wherever - unless you did the overnight thing. But since you already did the stop shipment and return...it will pop up when they scan it at the next transfer place. So you should be set.

Last edited by Oneway; June 19, 2009 at 09:34 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
Popplers!

June 19, 2009, 09:33 AM

Did the buyer sound like had cams in it?
Unread
  (#7)
Traction Control

June 19, 2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
man i don't ship shiz until the money is my BANK account...F that. And for that amount of cash...i'da waited until it was in my hand.

I do agree with OSD though...definitely get on the horn and use that tracking number to stop the package. I think they can issue a stop shipment / return to sender or something like that....may cost you a lil extra though...not to sure.

edit - ah..i see u already did that. I don't think the package is gonna go directly from Dulles to wherever - unless you did the overnight thing. But since you already did the stop shipment and return...it will pop up when they scan it at the next transfer place. So you should be set.
When the payment came in, paypal had this note about a new procedure "we will hold the money for 21 days or until: 1. the buyer leaves positive feedback 2. you can confirm in paypal that the package reached the destination with a tracking number"

basically, i couldn't get the money out of my paypal into the bank until the package got there. so paypal's new policy to HELP fraud not happen, actually made these fkers get away!!!

FK paypal and FML

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#8)
Traction Control

June 19, 2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha00311 View Post
wow how the hell can they take out the money just like that? unauthorized purchase? what does that entail exactly?
sux buddy, best of luck getting it back
I think the buyer said that his account was used without his permission. WTF, so I GET SCREWED because HIS account was hacked?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
Ouch. Did you do research on the buyers info? Search his name, email, user names, ebay account names?
it was a legit account and everything. 150+ buys and sells. claim is it was a clean account that was hacked. I claim the fker was in all along
again FML

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#9)
opossum puncher

June 19, 2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotx View Post
Did the buyer sound like had cams in it?
Dude you could hear it, it was a race laptop.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#10)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 19, 2009, 09:49 AM

dude you got scammed easy. What in the hell were you thinking shipping to a non verified addy? That has to be the oldest trick in the book. I called the USPS contact I have and they said good luck. You have about a 5% chance of getting it back. I am sorry but it is unbelievable that some people still fall for the "please do not ship it to my paypal addy use this one in another country". Hard lesson learned!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 19, 2009, 09:52 AM

call the post office tell them the deal and they should be able to stop it wherever it lands next and return it to you (but good luck with that cause once they got your money the post office dont work to hard to help you out anymore)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#12)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
June 19, 2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
Dude you could hear it, it was a race laptop.
it had KIT written on it.....I still cant believe that guy/guys did that to him

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

June 19, 2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
dude you got scammed easy. What in the hell were you thinking shipping to a non verified addy? That has to be the oldest trick in the book. I called the USPS contact I have and they said good luck. You have about a 5% chance of getting it back. I am sorry but it is unbelievable that some people still fall for the "please do not ship it to my paypal addy use this one in another country". Hard lesson learned!
Once the plane lands, is it transfered to Indonesian Post? Does it go through a USPS arrival scan first?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 19, 2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
Once the plane lands, is it transfered to Indonesian Post? Does it go through a USPS arrival scan first?
Problem is USPS does not always scan their stuff. Weird I know but its true. I just had a problem with USPS picking up a UPS box and I thought I was done for yet they delivered it just as normal. Got lucky I guess. This is why the USPS is going to start scanning like the others but it will be a slow and painful process. Can you pm me all the info and I will make another call and see what can be done. My contact is well up the chain so I could have some luck.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

June 19, 2009, 10:04 AM

try your local 7-11 to see if he's related in any way

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000