DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
4 members and 504 guests
davidcycle, lemond, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Spike

July 14, 2005, 01:38 PM

I know some of you have asked if there is anything you can do for him. Well, now there is. His family has asked that if you go to see him, please donate blood. When you give blood, tell them to credit it towards Jeff Fisher's account and that will help out on his hospital bill. He has had to receive a lot of blood while in there. I know a lot of you won't go and that is fine. But for those of you who do go, please give. It saves the lives of three other people with each pint.

Thank you.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 14, 2005, 01:47 PM

Jess....can you post up where to go?

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
DAS BOOT

July 14, 2005, 02:05 PM

Good info to give Jess

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#4)
I miss you Jeff

July 14, 2005, 02:11 PM

Yeah, where should we go?

I'll probably pass out and fall off the chair, but Jeff is totally worth it.

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

July 14, 2005, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Jess....can you post up where to go?
+1 Can we just go to any red cross and give them his name or is there an account number or something?
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

July 14, 2005, 03:27 PM

I wish i lived closer. Nicole and I would donate plasma too.

Well...she would. I have a tendancy to pass out while passing fluids through a small tube.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#7)
Spike

July 14, 2005, 03:32 PM

I KNOW I'll pass out too...I'm terrified of needles. You have to go to the hospital. Go into the lobby and it's at the left hand side of the desk.
Jeff is on the 3rd floor, NW wing, room 7.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#8)
Happiness Consultant

July 14, 2005, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz
I KNOW I'll pass out too...I'm terrified of needles. You have to go to the hospital. Go into the lobby and it's at the left hand side of the desk.
is this WHC? or another hospital?

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#9)
Spike

July 14, 2005, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz
is this WHC? or another hospital?
Yes it is Washington Hospital Center. The easiest way to get there is to go 66 to Constitution. Follow that down and when it curves off to the left and then the right again, be sure you get in the left lane (during the 'S' curve) make a left onto Louisiana and then another left onto North Capital. Follow North Capital for a long way until you come up to construction. When you pass the lgiht sign that is telling you to merge right (lane ends), take the SECOND exit off that road. At the bottom of that exit ramp, get into your left land and make a left at that first light. The hospital is on your right. Park in the garage (they only accept cash). Parking will not be more than $7.

Unread
  (#10)
A girl must have her toys

July 14, 2005, 06:05 PM

Unfortunetaly, I am anemic and can not give blood - besides I got a tattoo less than a year ago and the rule is no tattoos within the past year.

Hope all you healthy non-tattood MoFos go and donate.

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

July 14, 2005, 06:51 PM

I've heard you can enter through the exit, if on a bike. I've heard this was done last summer, for just under 2 hours, in the evening.
Any particular hours, you have to go to donate?
Unread
  (#12)
Meh

July 14, 2005, 06:52 PM

damn...I haven't been on here in a while. Did Kepi wreck...that sucks. Hope he is doing okay.
Unread
  (#13)
DT
Yesssssss.....

July 14, 2005, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
Unfortunetaly, I am anemic and can not give blood - besides I got a tattoo less than a year ago and the rule is no tattoos within the past year.

Hope all you healthy non-tattood MoFos go and donate.
Hey - I'm anemic too!!! Let's start a club Dee!!! I'll handle the pic posting though...

I'll donate when I get back. Glad to hear he's doing better.

And by the way - You CAN give blood and be anemic (I do anyways). I am also tattooed. You only can't donate if it's a real tattoo. "Amer is my bitch" in Spanish might count though - I'll check the rule book.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#14)
Owner & Creator

July 14, 2005, 09:34 PM

I live 5min from there my mom does. If you ride you can get into the parking lot illegal by passing through the gate like i did and exit out illegally like I did. the gate will not open up for bikes but there is enough room to go through there and exit out through another side.
Unread
  (#15)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 15, 2005, 07:02 AM

OK...I just looked at the site and called up there to get concrete info.

Quote:
If you wish to donate blood you can contact the blood Donor Center at Washington Hospital Center by calling 202-877-5250 for an appointment, or come to our blood donor center:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8 AM – 4 PM, Thursday 8 AM – 8 PM
Validated parking is available.

The blood donor center is located in the main lobby near the front entrance to Washington Hospital Center

Blood Donor Information and Criteria:

Age: Must be at least 17 years old. There is no upper age limit.

Eating: Do not fast prior to donating. Eat a regular meal and drink extra fluids before donating.

Late Donation Date: Must be at least 56 days between donations.

Pre-donation screening: Includes a verbal medical history, and evaluation of blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin (potion of blood that carries oxygen).

Safety: There is NO risk of getting AIDS or other diseases from giving blood. A sterile disposable needle—attached to a closed system of tubing and bags—is used for each donor.

Time: Please allow 45 minutes to complete the entire donation process. The needle is only in your arm for 5 to 10 minutes.

Photo Identification Required. (Employee ID or driver’s license.)

Additional criteria regarding donor eligibility:

AIDS/HIV: Do not give blood if you have AIDS, if you have had a previous positivie HIV test result, or if you are at increased risk for HIV infection due to high risk exposure activity.

ANEMIA (Iron Level): If you have a history of occassional anemia, you may be able to donate. Your hemoglobin will be checked before your donation is accepted. Please DO NOT DONATE if under a doctor’s care for anemia.

ALLERGY SHOTS/SYMPTOMS: You can donate blood after receiveing an allergy shot. You may also donate if experiencing only minor allergy symptoms that do not include a sore throat or colored discharge.

ANTIBIOTICS; If you are taking antibiotics for treatment of an infection, you may donate 7 days after completing the course of antibiotics if you are symptom free. Taking daily preventiative antibiotics for acne is not a cause for deferral.

BLOOD PRESSURE: If taking medication for high blood pressure, you may donate if you BP is within normal limits at the time of pre-donation screening.

CANCER: If you have a history of cancer, you CANNOT donate blood, exccept for some cases of cervical cancer in situ and basal cell skin cancer.

CHOLESTEROL: You may donate if taking medications for treatment of cholesterol.

COLDS: Must be symptom free and off any antibiotics for one week.

DENTAL WORK: If you’ve had an invasive procedure within the past 3 days, you cannot donate.

DIABETES: If you are diet controlled or take oral medication, you may donate. Well controlled diabetics on a stable dose of Insulin may also donate.

HEART CONDITIONS: Those with recent history of heart attack (less than six months) may not donate. Those with history of attack, but chest pain free and off medication for 6 months may eliglbe to donate.

STROKE: If you have had a stroke, you cannot donate.

HEPATITIS/LIVER: If you had hepatitis after the age of 11, you cannot donate blood.

KIDNEY: If you have a history of kidney disease, you cannot donate blood.

TRAVEL: If you have spent more than 3 months in the United Kingdom from 1980-1996; if you have spent more than 5 year in Europe form 1980-present; or if you have spend more than 6 months on a military base in northern Europe (1980-1990) or in sourthern Europe (1980-1996), then you cannot donate blood.

MALARIA: If you have taken antimalarial drugs, you must wait 1 year after completing the medication to donate, if you travel to an area at risk for malaria, you must wait 1 year after returning to donate, if you have lived in an area at risk for malaria, you must wait three years to donate, if you have had malaria, you must be symptom free for 3 years before you can donate.

PREGNANCY: Woman who are pregnant or have been pregnant in the past six weeks cannot donate blood.

ACCIDENTAL OR NONPRESCRIBED NEEDLESTICK, ACUPUNCTURE, EAR/BODY PIERCING, PERMANENT MAKEUP APPLICATION, TATTOO: Must wait one year before donating.

IRON RICH FOODS: Iron rich foods include: liver, beef, pork, lamb, liverwurst, poultry, fish, clams, oysters, beans and ham. Other good sources of iron when combined with a Vitamin C source are iron fortified cereal, raisins dates, dried apricots, nuts, dark leafy greens, green peas, tofu, and prune juice.

Please make sure you mention that your blood donation is a actually a "replacement for Jeff Fisher."

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI