DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 585
0 members and 585 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

July 13, 2004, 12:20 PM

Main number for Best Buy in woodbridge is 703-385-6030.

Rings and rings then computer says, "answer function is off" ... something to that affect. I cannot find any other phone number.

I tried 703-385-6031 and most the time i get the same "computer voice".

Twice a guy picked up and said he was in the back. Tried forwarding me, but it hangs up. I got the guy the second time and told the guy the problem. I told him to tell the managers, he said they are in a meeting.

I then said dont you think that customers cant call in is worth interrupting the meeting. He said iguess.. put me on hold and then it hung up. Havnt gotten anyone yet.

So can you folks call those numbers and let me know if you get through?

If you get that same putz, tell him to get them to fix this crap.

Much abliged!

alex

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

July 13, 2004, 12:44 PM

Thanks man..

So you get the same thing?

bust buy..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

July 13, 2004, 01:07 PM

damnit!

Their phone hasnt picked up since like 11 am.

You'd think they would notice no calls from customers...

Just wanted to check status of this purchase.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/P...TV_HLM617W.htm

damn the waiting game!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 13, 2004, 02:09 PM

Nice TV Alex

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#5)
Richard Cranium

July 13, 2004, 02:24 PM

best buys customer service SUCKS monkeyballs....you will probly have to go in and raise holly hell to get what you want done....sorry bro, but what can I say....they suck lol

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

July 13, 2004, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
damnit!

damn the waiting game!
Congrats on what looks like an amazing tv. I guess we're gonna have a TWT at your house once a month

Douglas
R.I.P.-1995 F3
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FlyinBy  
Unread
  (#7)
www.got-one.com

July 21, 2004, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
damnit!

damn the waiting game!

If you sign up for the best buy rewards program when you buy it you'll get a few hundred back in store credit. BUT it will be a few MONTHS until you will actually be able to spend it.

I have a simialr TV you might need to adjust the hidden settings when you get it.

To fix it:

"Green problem is easily fixed
This TV is awesome, once you fix the green problem. Who knows why Samsung so improperly calibrated this unit.

The HLN507W has a terrible factory setting that makes stuff look green. Its really noticable on faces, certain flames, lights etc... You can fix it quite easilyby entering the service menu...turn the tv off and hit the following in sequence. Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power

This will turn the tv on in service mode. You can mess with the R G and B settings under 2. DNIe. This will solve your problem. Its too bad this info isn't widely available. I almost returned mine cause of this problem. Turn the tv off for a minute or 2 to exit the service mode."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to gotone  
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

July 21, 2004, 09:37 AM

Thanks fellas!

Havnt gotten the TV yet. Issue of delivery. Samsung just released generation 3 of the model, that was done in between my purchase date. So my order got dropped from the warehouse.

Maybe this newer model wont have that "green" problem.

thanks for the heads up.

TWT.

I was thinking of hosting a "faster" viewing at the pad though.

Let you know when i get it!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

July 21, 2004, 09:57 AM

Try the Best Buy in Springfield- 703-922-4980

Maybe they can help you out...

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

July 21, 2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Try the Best Buy in Springfield- 703-922-4980

Maybe they can help you out...

Nothing they can help with. No one has the TV in stock. I have to wait for the shipment to the baltimore warehouse.

Thing is, no one knows when they are coming. So have to call every day to find out.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 28, 2004, 01:57 PM

Did you get it yet? If so, then disregard everything else you're about to read
You're getting it delivered right? No matter what DLP you get, it will always have to come from the warehouse in baltimore... no store in the area stocks them.
The reason they don't answer the phone at Best Buy is because customers call with questions like "Can you tell me how to hook up my DVD player?", which ain't the salesman's job. You're better off going there and talking to someone. Or better yet, call the number on the sheet they gave you detailing the delivery of the TV and ask those folks.

I used to work at Best Buy... here's a hint. The phone extensions are the same for every store. Call a different one, see if you can get someone on the line, and ask what customer service's and home theater's extentions are. Then you can dial them when prompted. I would give them to you, but I can't remember
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

July 28, 2004, 02:25 PM

Not delivered yet due to the warehouse not getting the units until aug 4th.

Been calling one of the managers every day to make sure its still on track to that date.

thanks man! long ass wait for this TV. better be worth it!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 28, 2004, 03:00 PM

Don't worry... it'll be worth it. Out of all the TVs in the place, I'd get the Sammy DLP.
Put the $9000 Pioneer plasma at the same price as the DLP, I'd still get the DLP. Especially the big ol' 61" you're getting
Damn good choice... just out of curiosity, did you get the service plan?
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

July 28, 2004, 03:04 PM

That's a sweet TV. I've had the HLN507W for over a year now and it rocks. Great viewing angle and is very bright.. the blacks are black too, which is nice. *Lots* of viewing and I still haven't had to replace the bulb yet.

HDTV + DVDs look spectacular, and if you have an XBOX, you can get native 720p games that look sweet on it. Satellite sucks but thats to be expected from zooming such a low-quality input onto the big TV.

hope you don't see the rainbows

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

July 29, 2004, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDaddy
Don't worry... it'll be worth it. Out of all the TVs in the place, I'd get the Sammy DLP.
Put the $9000 Pioneer plasma at the same price as the DLP, I'd still get the DLP. Especially the big ol' 61" you're getting
Damn good choice... just out of curiosity, did you get the service plan?

Yeah man, ive heard that it is NECESSARY for the projection tv's. Cost me 400 bux at best buy.

Hey jeeper, what you talkin bout rainbows man? What should i be expectingwith the SAT? Do you mean just the reg channels? Cause im getting HD also. Also bought the high end samsung DVD player which gives you the HD output also.

Called yesterday, and its looking like now it wont be delivered till aug 14th!!! Fuck!! I ordered and paid for this bitch july 9th!!!!

Thats what i get for getting a TV that just released a newer model version. Damn this waiting sux!!!

Alex
13 Honda Fury