DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 597
5 members and 592 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man, scarab, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hero 3 Software Update
Unread
  (#1)
Sewing Machine Rider

Hero 3 Software Update - May 10, 2013, 12:28 PM

Just a heads up for those of you that have a hero 3 but don't get the e-mails. They released a new update with some bug fixes and if you have a black edition, it allows some new videos modes. (Narrow FOV for 1080p60 / 1080p30 / 720p60 fps,Medium FOV for 720p60 fps)

GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
just some dude

May 10, 2013, 01:12 PM

i downloaded this about a week ago and was wondering what changed, since they didn't announce it until today. this latest update and the one prior have the same version number, so i didn't think anything changed. but apparently they did make some updates.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Firmware update dated 7/29
Unread
  (#3)
just some dude

Firmware update dated 7/29 - July 31, 2013, 07:18 AM

in case anyone missed it, gopro came out with another firmware update dated 7/29. apparently a lot of the random stops people experienced were due to micro sd cards not living up to true class 10 speeds, so they reduced the bitrates for those cards.

"With the camera software update released July 29, 2013, using other microSD cards with your HERO3: Black Edition camera while shooting in 4K, 2.7K and Protune video modes may result in a reduction of the data stream rate from 45Mb/sec to 35Mb/sec."

GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#4)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

July 31, 2013, 07:42 AM

I was getting some issues with it evidently going into a snapshot mode during some particularly jittery riding sections. Still trying to see if I have the video or just the snapshots.

Mud

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg