DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 776
1 members and 775 guests
hokie
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hey T-Mobile Users - The AT&T Fuckery Has Begun. Check Your Bills!
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Hey T-Mobile Users - The AT&T Fuckery Has Begun. Check Your Bills! - March 28, 2011, 11:38 PM

I have happily used tethering on my T-Mobile data plan for years with no issues whatsoever and no tethering plan. As a matter of fact the last time I spoke with T-Mo just after Blackberry Desktop 6.1 was released, Tmo Customer Service spent 15 minutes on the phone with me walking me thru how to configure both the device and the application on your computer if you were having issues getting tethering to work.

While tethered today I ran through ~3.0 GB of data. (Up/Down combined). Got a text message early evening and didn't check it until an hour ago.
I opened and read it (it said they were suckers):

How coincidental TMo users are now getting this message not a week after AT&T announced the buyout and not two weeks after AT&T started sending the same to Iphone users two weeks ago.

T-Mo now says they want to sign me up for a $14.99 tethering plan. (Mudder skank - bombaclots) If not, they'll either automatically charge my statement or shut my tethering data down! How they can do this w/o cutting off my data, I have no idea. Charge me extra for something that my phone can already do and for data I already pay for!

The rub, now the reps are doing some kind of cock & bull - selective memory song and dance off a script while on the phone stating, "Well, Tmobile never had a tethering plan. We told you how to set it up, but it wasn't officially supported and tethering wasn't something that we offered."

Huh?!! What in the double-talking fuck did you just say to me?!

AT&T - I knew when they announced the buyout they were going to try to ramrod Tmo customers. "This merger will be good for all consumers" - my ass. Let the fuckery begin all. Hope the DOJ / FCC kills the deal or binds them up with very restrictive terms.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

March 28, 2011, 11:40 PM

No grandfathering? I know when Verizon dumped the unlimited data plans if you already had one you could keep it indefinitely

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

March 28, 2011, 11:45 PM

I guess not. My unlimited data plan is fine - but it appears they are trying to shoehorn people into the tethering plan.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

March 28, 2011, 11:50 PM

I only hope I can keep my 5 year old $29.99/mo plan

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

March 28, 2011, 11:53 PM

Take it like a man Heist. You shall get raped like the rest of us.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

March 29, 2011, 12:14 AM

I'd really get anxious if Verizon did this to me. With airports trending towards pay-per WiFi the last few years, this is all I got in a lot of situations. It's nice to have a back up ISP too. Somebody will put up a hack for this.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

March 29, 2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
I'd really get anxious if Verizon did this to me. With airports trending towards pay-per WiFi the last few years, this is all I got in a lot of situations. It's nice to have a back up ISP too. Somebody will put up a hack for this.
This^^^
When I was out on Martha's this summer, tethering was all I used in the airport and half the time while I was on the island. I also like it when I'm traveling or just sitting in the park when I'm working.

I mean they've already got you by the nuts for a $30/mo unlimited data package, not they want another $15 for you to be able to access the data you already paid for?

Again, I'll use the example I gave earlier. If your landline telephone provider wanted to charge you an extra $15 a month to use a fax machine or dial-up ISP on your line instead of voice service, the FCC / Congress/ FTC would bury them in an unfair trader practices suit.

Unread
  (#8)
Silence... I keeeel you

March 29, 2011, 02:01 AM

I dunno if it works on iphones, but I use PDAnet. It makes the data look like it's being browsed on my phone instead of on my tethered laptop.

If it doesn't work for your phone...I'm sure there is something out there that works the same way. Or there will be very soon.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

March 29, 2011, 06:59 AM

I wrote about this earlier. When AT&T and Cingular merged my bill (was with Cingular) went way up. Although AT&T attempted to state some line of bull to the contrary, the additional 'service fees' increased my bill something on the order of 40-60%. I was also hit with the 'billing routing' where they changed the address of their billing center causing you to miss a billing cycle and incur late fees (they were sued for this and 7 years later I received a check for $2.45) They did send out a notification of billing change which was included in a 20 some page document in 6 font which started with a line like 'The following changes in service may or may not affect some current AT&T wireless customers.....'

Beware.
Unread
  (#10)
What failure looks like

March 29, 2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Take it like a man Heist. You shall get raped like the rest of us.
You feel that burn Butch? That's pride fucking with you. You know what I say "fuck pride" [/Marcellus Wallace]

I've been getting bent over by AT&T for years now and you know what it earned me? When I log into their website it tells me that I'm an "A-list Subscriber". That is all it does...no reduced holding time for calls, no preferential pricing on phones or access to limited quantities...just a little banner line that says "A-List Subscriber" on my home page when logged into my account.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 29, 2011, 08:04 AM

Just thought i'd point out that campaigns like this typically take a while to implement.

The policy was likely in the works long before T-mobile was approached by AT&T

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

March 29, 2011, 08:18 AM

This is some straight bullshit.... Tmobile was the last of the good providers in my opinion.
Unread
  (#13)
#swag

March 29, 2011, 08:37 AM

This goes right along with the Fairfax county PD thread. Doing something illegal, then complaining when getting caught.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#14)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

March 29, 2011, 08:44 AM

I've had only one issue with AT&T since I've been with them and that was with a text messaging plan that didn't get added when I split a family plan a few months ago. I called them up, they credited me the charges, and fixed the problem.

Outside of that, I get a corporate discount that knocks about 20% off my bill.

No complaints here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1 View Post
This goes right along with the Fairfax county PD thread. Doing something illegal, then complaining when getting caught.
EXACTLY.

I feel for Heist though, it does suck, just be happy you pulled it off for as long as you did.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

March 29, 2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1
Huh???

Perhaps you missed the line where I said Tmobile showed me how to set up my device for tethering and never charged for it because it was native to the device.