DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 570
5 members and 565 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW, Slider, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hillary Clinton appoints new campaign spokesman to handle email server flap
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Hillary Clinton appoints new campaign spokesman to handle email server flap - August 22, 2015, 03:52 PM

"Did you wipe the server?"

"You mean like with a cloth or something?"

It's not yet clear whether Hillary will follow current practices within her campaign and pay Vince more than his female counterparts for the same work.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

August 22, 2015, 05:25 PM

You mean to tell me a government official took Classified information and handled it in a less than approved manner?!

Oh God. I'm sure that's never happened before. Let's spend $N Million dollars chasing this paper dragon down.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

August 22, 2015, 09:11 PM

Why did she run all official emails through a private domain running on a private server sitting in a bathroom in Colorado? She was U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE for peace's sake!

We know that the Clintons are about as dirty as they come, but at least Bill wasn't quite so... sloppy.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

August 22, 2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
You mean to tell me a government official took Classified information and handled it in a less than approved manner?!

Oh God. I'm sure that's never happened before. Let's spend $N Million dollars chasing this paper dragon down.
I have to agree. I have zero love for Hillary and wish she'd crawl back under her rock and disappear forever. But... what they have so far is in essence a procedural violation. That smells a lot more like a very expensive bitch witch hunt, than a smoking gun.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#5)
Meh

August 23, 2015, 02:30 AM

When does the truth, under oath, actually matter then?
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 23, 2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
When does the truth, under oath, actually matter then?
To the Clintons, or lawyers in general? LOL

A large portion of the general public is painfully ok with lies from our countries elected representatives unless those lies can be used against them for political gain, and the hypocrisy is very thinly veiled.

I'm not saying that lying should be ok but it is the public that keeps electing these used car salesmen types. Should we expect them not to lie? Hell, most would tell a lie even when it's not needed just to stay in practice.

I try to manage my expectations when it comes to Politian's by assuming that they are lying when their lips are moving, it softens the disappointment that comes later.

Yep, I don't have any use for those running the show inside the beltway and not much for the folks that keep electing them. I think the majority of the American public is getting exactly the type of leadership they deserve. A mirror image of themselves - short sighted, spiteful, greedy, and yeah dishonest too.

Last edited by windblown; August 23, 2015 at 07:17 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

August 23, 2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
To the Clintons, or lawyers in general? LOL

A large portion of the general public is painfully ok with lies from our countries elected representatives unless those lies can be used against them for political gain, and the hypocrisy is very thinly veiled.

I'm not saying that lying should be ok but it is the public that keeps electing these used car salesmen types. Should we expect them not to lie? Hell, most would tell a lie even when it's not needed just to stay in practice.

I try to manage my expectations when it comes to Politian's by assuming that they are lying when their lips are moving, it softens the disappointment that comes later.

Yep, I don't have any use for those running the show inside the beltway and not much for the folks that keep electing them. I think the majority of the American public is getting exactly the type of leadership they deserve. A mirror image of themselves - short sighted, spiteful, greedy, and yeah dishonest too.
I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding your position. You're not surprised that most (or all) of our federal leaders lie for their own gain, and precisely because you expect it, you're not in favor of cracking down on it. Yet you say that you expect them to lie with, um, less than enthusiastic endorsement of the behavior. So are you in favor of letting them lie to us? I just don't really understand the logic. They are going to lie, so let's let them lie, but let's not be happy that they lie. Why not just crack down on the pervasive lying and other flagrant dishonesty in the federal government?

And why not hold the Clintons accountable? Do you folks out there realize that the Clintons are worth some 100 million dollars? Yeah, they are planning to vacation in accommodations that cost $100,000 a month. Do you not know where this wealth came from? The Clintons have made their wealth from lying to the people as so-called public servants. Not only are you going to stand for this, you're going to endorse it. It boggles my mind what people in this country are willing to tolerate.

And if anyone thinks I'm just sort of making things up about the Clintons, feel free to see documentation written by the late Christopher Hitchens.

Unread
  (#8)
Meh

August 23, 2015, 10:39 AM

What was done here was good enough to ruin General Petreaus' career, why not Hillary's?
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 23, 2015, 11:01 AM

I'd be all for them cracking down on lying, cheating, and corruption if the goal was to actually clean house but it hasn't appeared that was the goal for a very long time. It seems to be used as a tool for political gain, not house cleaning. Elected officials get caught being dishonest all the time yet keep getting re-elected, or at the very least retire and then go on to get paid a nice sum of money as consultants or paid speakers at events.

I don't like any of it, but the folks voting them back into office, or paying them to consult and speak at events don't appear to mind. If the majority is ok with it then my choices are limited. I'm not a leader. If I see someone running for office that I feel puts the good of the country above their own self interest and whose vision is largely aligned with my own then I'll vote for them. Sadly, those types rarely run for office these days because they, like me, realize the futility of trying to save the country and our society when so few within it actually give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. When the "path of least resistance" aligns with the need for honesty and concern for each others welfare then things will change. In the meantime, yeah... Same shit different day when it comes to those in power and those that put them there.

What can I do? Same thing as anyone else. I can lead by example within my own sphere of influence. Try to set an example of how I think we should treat each other and support those who seem to have a genuine interest in dong the right thing. What I can't do is change the world against the will of the masses.

Last edited by windblown; August 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM..
Unread
  (#10)
No more 1050 :(

August 23, 2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
What was done here was good enough to ruin General Petreaus' career, why not Hillary's?
And Brian Williams.
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

August 23, 2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
And Brian Williams.

Unread
  (#12)
No more 1050 :(

August 24, 2015, 12:23 AM

Short memory, Orangedude?

https://sharylattkisson.com/hillary-...n-bosnia-tale/

Video shows tarmac welcome, no snipers | PolitiFact

Last edited by drz1050; August 24, 2015 at 12:26 AM..
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer

August 24, 2015, 11:30 AM

Not sure what you're implying. That I didn't list all of Hillary Clinton's lies? There are too many to list in one document!

Hillary Clinton Lied to CNN and America About Being Subpoenaed - Katie Pavlich

Unread
  (#14)
Your Ad Here

August 24, 2015, 11:48 AM

I've got a little bit of news for everyone.
Get ready ...

ALL POLITICIANS LIE

I know, you have to suspend your belief in them for a minute to absorb this, but it's true. Small ones, big ones, whoppers, insane ones, ones that start wars, ones that end wars, they all lie.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Meh

August 24, 2015, 12:14 PM

No shit Heist.

Is this who you want running the country though. Not just someone who lies, but who's entirety of political life has been lies and scandals.

This isn't a politician issue, this is a human issue. All people lie. It is those that do it with impunity and disdain for those that question them is who you need to be wary of.

Why is she not judged by the same standard as General Patreaus?