DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 504
3 members and 501 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, shiphteey
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hiring an Assistant (Oracle DBA/Developer/Sysadmin)
Unread
  (#1)
Curiouser and curiouser

Hiring an Assistant (Oracle DBA/Developer/Sysadmin) - February 25, 2013, 09:24 AM

All

I just got this position approved where I work. The title is Oracle Systems Administrator but it's got some DBA work, development, and user support (because I don't like to talk to people myself!)

Pay is okay, benefits are pretty good.

Oracle Systems Administrator | British Embassy | Washington, DC | Jobs on washingtonpost.com

ORACLE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
BRITISH DEFENCE STAFF
BRITISH EMBASSY
WASHINGTON, DC

Background:
The British Defence in Washington, DC is looking for an Oracle Systems Administrator to work with the Information Technology group. The successful candidate would help support Oracle E-Business Suite and other Corporate Systems with troubleshooting issues and provide a recommended solution within the standards and guidelines.

The candidate would also support other functions within the department including, but not limited to, project support, change management, data management, end user support and training, system administration, and system development.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Handle production and non-production help tickets, troubleshoot functional issues, provide direct user support, open and manage Oracle SRs when needed.
  • Participate in and support projects such as new module implementations, business process reengineering, customizations, or Oracle upgrades.
  • Evaluate user change requests, gather business requirements, design and propose new solutions using available standard Oracle functionality.
  • Support full lifecycle development of custom applications (primarily using the Oracle APEX toolset) integrated with Oracle financial systems.
  • Assist the Finance, HR, and Procurement teams in their day to day activities.
  • Participate in regression testing where required in support of change management activities.
  • Provide System Administration and data management coverage.
  • Perform daily tasks to monitor production and development environments.

Minimum Qualifications/Experience:

• Overall 3 years with Oracle including a minimum 1 year Oracle 11i/R12 EBS application experience and a minimum 1 year Oracle APEX development. Experience includes hands-on functional and technical support such as end-user support, requirement gathering, gap analysis, application set up and configuration. This experience should include Oracle 11i version 11.5.10 or above.
  • Working knowledge of Oracle Discoverer.
  • Technical experience is required including UNIX Scripting, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and Javascripting.
  • Experience with integrated development environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer is a plus.
  • Analytical and extensive problem solving skills, with the ability to research an issue and determine the root cause and recommended solution.
  • Good understanding of information systems and their relationship to business functions.
  • Ability to work under pressure, autonomously, proactively and hit deadlines.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication.
  • Outstanding customer service skills.
  • Must be able to successfully extract information and data from teams and individuals, not under their direct control influencing and relationship building skills are therefore paramount.

Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A Visa holders. If you hold a Visa other than an A Visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.

The British Embassy Network offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.

The target salary for this position is $58,200 annualized. Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment.

To Apply:
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted in a .doc (word) file format to careers@fco.gov.uk by 7 March 2013. Please note in the subject line of your email "Oracle Administrator". Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.

Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we can not guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.

The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.

Cheers

2004 Ducati ST3

Last edited by CrabbyJay; March 7, 2013 at 08:31 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Chasing the dragon

February 25, 2013, 09:27 AM

"The target salary for this position is $58,200 per hour."

Fuck me, let me send in my resume.

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

February 25, 2013, 09:43 AM

I'm jealous. I'm trying to get an assistant (or 5) myself. Good luck with that.
Unread
  (#4)
EFI - 07/C2

February 25, 2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayh View Post
"The target salary for this position is $58,200 per hour."
Ummmmmmm, someone with those Oracle skills in DC should pull down a lot more than that unless he or she is a complete idiot.

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
No more 1050 :(

February 25, 2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ummmmmmm, someone with those Oracle skills in DC should pull down a lot more than that unless he or she is a complete idiot.

MORE than 58k/ hr? Fuck me, I need to learn Oracle!
Unread
  (#6)
Chasing the dragon

February 25, 2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
If I could make $121,056,000/year base by being a complete dumbass, I would of dropped out of Pre-K.

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#7)
Curiouser and curiouser

March 1, 2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
This is true for someone who can really prove/demonstrate the skills. You know what job adverts are like -- put down all your "like to haves" and see what you can actually get. I don't mind someone just above entry level who can show the aptitude, but I really do want someone who's already had some exposure to the areas I've listed.

Still, I personally stay here for average pay because the benefits are pretty decent and the hours are reasonable. I mean, I've been able to take three-week cross-country bike trips in each of the past three years, and that's on top of my other little vacations and holidays.

This is a small shop with an impressive name so whoever comes in can get some spectacular experience and go on to that really great salary (if they want to work 80+ hours a week and get their 16 days annual PTO....)

Cheers

2004 Ducati ST3
Unread
  (#8)
EFI - 07/C2

March 1, 2013, 09:49 AM

LOL, well, I missed the pay rate being hourly and not annual. For $58k/hour I'd consider working in DC again.

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 1, 2013, 10:53 AM

So is it $58 an hour or $58k yearly ($27.88/hr)?

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)
Range Rover Owner

March 1, 2013, 11:16 AM

The Forbes Top 10 Hip-Hop Earners 2012:
1. Dr. Dre – $110 million
2. Diddy – $45 million
3. Jay-Z – $38 million
4. Kanye West – $35 million
5. Lil Wayne – $27 million
6. Drake – $20.5 million
7. Birdman – $20 million
8. Nicki Minaj – $15.5 million
9. Eminem – $15 million
10. Ludacris – $12 million

Read more: Forbes Top 10 Hip-Hop Earners 2012: Dr. Dre made $100M from headphone line | BelleNews.com, Latest News
Unread
  (#11)
Curiouser and curiouser

March 7, 2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
So is it $58 an hour or $58k yearly ($27.88/hr)?
Sorry, they've fixed the ad in the Washington Post now:
The target salary for this position is $58,200 annualized. Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment.

Oracle Systems Administrator | British Embassy | Washington, DC | Jobs on washingtonpost.com=

Cheers

2004 Ducati ST3

Last edited by CrabbyJay; March 7, 2013 at 08:30 AM..