DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 635
3 members and 632 guests
GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hockey
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

Hockey - June 9, 2011, 04:05 PM

Ok well I know I said in my intro I was into hockey but thats a bit of an understatement. Obsessed is more like it. Anyways I figured I would start a thread for all talk hockey, whether you like to watch it, want to learn more about it, or officiate and play like I do. Hell if you want to get into playing the sport I know what you need to get going and where to start getting on the ice and the more important thing of how much it is going to cost you. Just as a reference of price I will list my gear and how much it runs to buy at a pro shop or online

Skates-Bauer Supreme One100 -$650
Shin Pads- Bauer Pro Series-$90
Pants-Easton NHL Pro Stock&Bauer X:60-$190
Gloves-Easton EQ Pro-$100
Elbow Pads-Easton ST16-$75
Shoulder Pads- Bauer Supreme One75-$75
Helmet-Bauer 7500-$100
Sticks-Bauer Supreme TotalOne 102 flex-$225/2 Sher-Wood T70 95 flex-$115
This isnt counting the discounted sticks and full price twigs that I have broken lol
Those of you who were interested now that you saw the price are now like screw this haha...my stuff is so expensive since I bought the higher end stuff because I play at a fairly high level, and in ACHA college. There are HUGE sales over the summer on equipment. If you have question I will do what I can to answer them for you and get you pointed in the right direction, and remember hockey is not just a winter sport, its year round.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

June 9, 2011, 06:56 PM

Nice. Wish I had any athletic skill at all.

This series has been entertaining sofar.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

June 9, 2011, 07:01 PM

I played when I was younger and hockey is my #1 sport.I have disc issues in my back so I'm pretty much relegated to World of Warcraft and Cycling

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#4)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 9, 2011, 11:03 PM

Just the other day I said my one childhood regret was that I didn't play hockey for a team....i always played"street" hockey.....that game when horton got knocked out.....that was crazy. They tuned it down a but last game

12-1 in last two games ....really geez

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

June 9, 2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Just the other day I said my one childhood regret was that I didn't play hockey for a team....i always played"street" hockey.....that game when horton got knocked out.....that was crazy. They tuned it down a but last game

12-1 in last two games ....really geez
yea van has just shit the bed the last two games...if you want to get back into hockey i can tell you where to go to look for gear and sizing and all that...they have adult leagues for all skill levels in the area so no worries about thinking youre the most horrible player out there...i went from playing c league mens(a-d) to playing 2-3 line acha college for nvcc...the main thing is getting out on the ice alot and making sure youre in shape, its a different fitness to be a hockey player lol...but if you want to get going let me know ill hook up with you and get you started and take you out on the ice to work on things, already am doing it with one friend about to start with another
Unread
  (#6)
I use my turn signal

June 10, 2011, 11:02 AM

I really want to try and play in some men's leagues. I just can't see myself spending that much for the gear, wish it was cheaper to play.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

June 10, 2011, 12:11 PM

I play hockey and I have my whole life. I play for a mens league A/B team in Frederick now.

That being said, I have very high end equipment myself, but what you've listed is VERY much overkill, especially at an amatuer level....oh and you over paid.

Hockey is not a sport you can just pick up and start playing unfortunately, that being said there are very affordable ways to pick it up and play in some of the rec leagues in the area.
Unread
  (#8)
I just peed a little

June 10, 2011, 12:46 PM

My little hockey star...

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#9)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

June 10, 2011, 12:49 PM

Man I miss playing hockey. I was the same size I am now when I was 14, so I was a beast defenseman. Then everyone kept getting bigger except me and I agile enough to play forward, all brute speed

Too much fun though

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#10)
Got my Permit

June 10, 2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieDoes View Post
I play hockey and I have my whole life. I play for a mens league A/B team in Frederick now.

That being said, I have very high end equipment myself, but what you've listed is VERY much overkill, especially at an amatuer level....oh and you over paid.

Hockey is not a sport you can just pick up and start playing unfortunately, that being said there are very affordable ways to pick it up and play in some of the rec leagues in the area.
yea i think it was a little overkill starting out but the level im playing now for school, is the equivalent to almost all of the a leagues in the area...and some of the kids playing in acha around here for school were in juniors for a bit...now with the over paying on some of the gear yes it was on some (never buy from ashburn lol) the gloves and pants i have use now i got from a buddy for a hell of a deal, as well as a few sticks, but yea like you said there are far cheaper pieces of equipment out there, i chose the more expensive stuff since i am playing full contact during the school season.
Unread
  (#11)
I use my turn signal

June 10, 2011, 10:26 PM

I think I'd pick up hockey pretty quick. I've played lacrosse all my life and was being looked at by D1 teams to play. I went first team all district, first team all regional twice in high school. I have plenty of friends who play hockey and I go skate around and go to stick and shoot at ashburn ice house.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65