DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 418
4 members and 414 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, R6SP, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
HOLY FUGGIN' SH*T!!!!
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Exclamation HOLY FUGGIN' SH*T!!!! - March 1, 2007, 10:07 PM

Hell must have frozen over and pigs must have been flying today. I went to the Manassass DMV to register the DRZ.

Now I've been dreading this shit since Harvey dropped the bike off @ the end of January. My last trip turned into 3 each one taking 45 - 50 minutes our of my life. And believe me anger and hatred festered within cuz I had to keep going back for different reasons and the last time I went she was like oh you didn't need this. And then I pointed and said SHE said i needed this form THIS IS MY 3RD TRIP!!!

well this time i had the AFFIDAVIT FOR PROCUREMENT OF TITLE which needs to be notarized, and the title. almost missed them calling my fuggin number cuz i'm still fillin' dat shite out. I heard the number and was like oh shit that's me. I got the number at 3:27pm she handed me my plates, license, registration and title back at 3:37pm I ALMOST SHARTED!!!

FUGGIN IN AND OUT OF DMV IN 10 MINUTES. FUCCKING CALL RIPLEY'S!!!!

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

March 1, 2007, 10:14 PM

I feel your pain man. Last time I went, they misplaced my paperwork while I was waiting for them to print some junk and had me waiting till it printed. Well, since they misplaced the paperwork, they never started printing anything. I sat there for 2 hours... then complained, but the guy who did my paperwork was out to lunch. 1 hour later, he comes back and they finish up the work. All told, I was in the DMV for just over 4 hours including the initial wait to be served.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

March 1, 2007, 10:16 PM

Nice! Yeah...Manassas DMV rocks!

Congrats...now we need to go ride!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
DCSB.net NC division

March 1, 2007, 10:21 PM

back when they cut budget and closed down everything in the area... i spent 6 hours waiting at the DMV in springfield mall... 5 in line and 1 for the clerk.

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

March 2, 2007, 10:21 AM

Yeah man I had a similiar experience earlier in the week. I went to the DMV on Monday expecting to get sent in three different directions. I had a signed title and the affidavit for procurement of title already notarized and good to go. I had my DL along with a utility bill to show proof of address just in case. Well they called my number, I walked up to the teller and said, "id like to title and register a motorcycle I bought on saturday." All she asked for was the title and my DL. I kept expecting the "where is this form and where is that form", but 10 minutes later I had my plates and registration and was on my way out the door. I was surprised she didnt ask for the affidavit, bill of sales...nothing. Could...could DMV be getting their shit together?...nah!!!!

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#6)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
March 2, 2007, 10:27 AM

Front Royal your there for a long if your there 10 min. I mean on the property

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#7)
Nothing here

March 2, 2007, 10:32 AM

Just why does it usually take so long at the DMV? Everything is computerized. Why can McDonalds serve so many people the same 10 basic things every day in about 2 minutes, but it takes the DMV approximately 2 HOURS to serve the same number of people 10 basic things?

Someone must know the answer.
Unread
  (#8)
"?"

March 2, 2007, 10:38 AM

WOW! That's nice to Hear!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Playing with toys

March 2, 2007, 10:53 AM

Reassuring - My 1 hour plus last Saturday sucked. Leason learned, go on a weekday.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#10)
Agitator

March 2, 2007, 11:02 AM

membership has its priviledges...there is a DMV inside the pentagon, longest I've EVER waited was 2.5 minutes because the line was <gasp> 2 people long

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

March 2, 2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Front Royal your there for a long if your there 10 min. I mean on the property
I was gonna ask you guys if 10 minutes in and out is good.

Front Royal DMV is definetly faster. One time I checked in at the informtion desk and at the same time the computer spit out my number, the mechinized voice says "Now serving #21" .

So I go up to the window and explain to the lady that I haven't had time to fill out the paper work (title transfer). She says "no problem. I will do if for you"

So with my extra time I went straight home and &

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 2, 2007, 01:56 PM

+1 to FR DMV for you VA folks. I think it might be a growing trend everywhere though...imagine that shit! My last 2 visits to DC DMV....under 30 minutes...and both times were on my lunch break. If you've been to the DMV on C St., you know how impressive that is.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

March 2, 2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I feel your pain man. Last time I went, they misplaced my paperwork while I was waiting for them to print some junk and had me waiting till it printed. Well, since they misplaced the paperwork, they never started printing anything. I sat there for 2 hours... then complained, but the guy who did my paperwork was out to lunch. 1 hour later, he comes back and they finish up the work. All told, I was in the DMV for just over 4 hours including the initial wait to be served.

they lost my drivers license while i was getting my learners permit for my motorcycle, now i have the same pic on my license and my permit.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#14)
You meet the nicest

March 2, 2007, 02:00 PM

Yeah I've heard reports trickling in of amazingly short DMV trips. Sounds like they're learning to use computers.

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#15)
opossum puncher

March 2, 2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
I was gonna ask you guys if 10 minutes in and out is good.

Front Royal DMV is definetly faster. One time I checked in at the informtion desk and at the same time the computer spit out my number, the mechinized voice says "Now serving #21" .

So I go up to the window and explain to the lady that I haven't had time to fill out the paper work (title transfer). She says "no problem. I will do if for you"

So with my extra time I went straight home and &

The exact same thing happed to me when I had to make an imprompt to trip to the Harrisonburg DMV. Got the # and over the loud speaker, "now serving.... "

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool