DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 524
5 members and 519 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, nootherids, tonetone, TonUp
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Please delete
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Please delete - March 5, 2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!

Last edited by hfam95; March 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 12:22 PM

dont bother.

install motion bright floods at the entrances. logitech cams aimed at entrances.
large dog that has good bark..

done

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

March 5, 2012, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I just got through looking at the cams and the floods. Any specific model any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 12:27 PM

the brighter the better. if you have an HOA, make sure they know.
let me see if i can look up the ones i have.

they are pretty good.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 12:28 PM

FYI, numerous caught and not caught burglers have confirmed that they move on to the houses that dont have brightly lit entrances.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

March 5, 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
dont bother.

install motion bright floods at the entrances. logitech cams aimed at entrances.
large dog that has good bark..

done
I install security systems and fire alarm systems for a living. I would suggest the lights and the dog with a good bark... It could be a small dog but has to be very barky.. people trying to break in are less likely to because of a dog... Same goes with your place.. If you have say motorcycles on the side of your house make sure you have a flood motion light their too. but remember the lights are a deterrent.. if they been casing your house for awhile they will wait till the best time to strike and they will be quick about it.

99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
turn or crash....

March 5, 2012, 12:39 PM

I'd like an "alarm" system that I could just track login/out with and have internal alarm (no monitoring needed) but don't know if such a thing exists.

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

March 5, 2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkouza View Post
I'd like an "alarm" system that I could just track login/out with and have internal alarm (no monitoring needed) but don't know if such a thing exists.
depending on your alarm system you could do that. Ademco Visa 10,15,20,20p,40, lynx... As well as the GE concord express can do that. you have to get into installer programming and change a few setting and you could set it to text you if the alarm system is turned on or off and keeps a record of the last 50 or so entries... you give people different codes... like

1234 ( which btw you should never use) your self

4312 wife

3124 kid 1

2134 kid 2

etc etc you can set the alarm system up with user auth levels like yours and your wife can turn on and off the system but your kids can only turn off the system after 3pm? 4pm? etc etc either way when the alarm is turned off you will get a text which user turned it off.

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

March 5, 2012, 12:50 PM

Is my fav system to install... you can make it turn on your house lights at a Pacific time as well.. I have it in my own house.

80-871 | GE Concord Hardwire/Wireless Kit | Home Security Store

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Unread
  (#10)
Knarly Adventurer

March 5, 2012, 12:54 PM

My new house came with a pretty basic alarm, but I like it.

Has a sensor at all entry points, doors and windows, plus a motion sensor on first two floors.

It calls the police, fire and stuff, and they call you to make sure all is good.

There is a loud siren when tripped. My wife really likes it. I work long hours and she is home alone alot. My wife (and myself) feel safe knowing that if the alarm sounds, a handgun and a cell phone are only a few steps away. Cover the stairs case and wait for the calvery. There is only one way into our living area and its up a flight of stairs.

I also like that I can active and monitor from my phone.
The cleaning lad has a different code, so I can keep track of here coming and going.

I'm happy with it.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
I install security systems and fire alarm systems for a living. I would suggest the lights and the dog with a good bark... It could be a small dog but has to be very barky.. people trying to break in are less likely to because of a dog... Same goes with your place.. If you have say motorcycles on the side of your house make sure you have a flood motion light their too. but remember the lights are a deterrent.. if they been casing your house for awhile they will wait till the best time to strike and they will be quick about it.
my dog is big and has a big bark.. my cams send instant pings for motion...

whatever someone is comfortable with. I myself prefer the suggested method.

Some people feel better about the beep beep.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjester View Post
My new house came with a pretty basic alarm, but I like it.

Has a sensor at all entry points, doors and windows, plus a motion sensor on first two floors.

It calls the police, fire and stuff, and they call you to make sure all is good.

There is a loud siren when tripped. My wife really likes it. I work long hours and she is home alone alot. My wife (and myself) feel safe knowing that if the alarm sounds, a handgun and a cell phone are only a few steps away. Cover the stairs case and wait for the calvery. There is only one way into our living area and its up a flight of stairs.

I also like that I can active and monitor from my phone.
The cleaning lad has a different code, so I can keep track of here coming and going.

I'm happy with it.

until a high winds sets off your alarm. annoy your neighbors with the siren. The the fun bill from the police for "false alarm". In FFX you get two false alarms a year. after that its like $50 per visit i think..

Response times vary from the police also.

If i had an alarm, I would still do the floods..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Knarly Adventurer

March 5, 2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
until a high winds sets off your alarm. annoy your neighbors with the siren. The the fun bill from the police for "false alarm". In FFX you get two false alarms a year. after that its like $50 per visit i think..

Its been about 7 months and no mishaps yet. I have always had motion lights, dog, and gun. I will take either, but we have no dog and the alarm seems to be doing the trick.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

March 5, 2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
my dog is big and has a big bark.. my cams send instant pings for motion...

whatever someone is comfortable with. I myself prefer the suggested method.

Some people feel better about the beep beep.
I would have to say the whole package the dog lights and alarm

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

March 5, 2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:

I don't remember exactly the FFX false alarm charge but It was around $75 bucks per charge as of 05 it may be the same or higher... I know commercial property got charge from $100- 150 if I remember correctly. I still have my VA-DCJS licenses to install and trouble shoot in Va but haven't done any systems over their for o most a year now

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote: