DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
1 members and 544 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Home Invasion Fail
Unread
  (#1)
Ballaugh Bridge

Home Invasion Fail - February 11, 2011, 02:38 PM

Two Shot, One Killed In Apparent Home Invasion, Robbery In Sterling | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

February 11, 2011, 02:44 PM

Watch, the homeowner will face homicide charges, but good on him for pulling the trigger.

Pull that shit at my house, get the same treatment.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#3)
Bored

February 11, 2011, 02:51 PM

Unread
  (#4)
God of the Gaps

February 11, 2011, 02:54 PM

Not sure how it works in VA, but out here in WbgV we got ourselves a no retreat castle law. It's good to be the king. lol

West Virginia
55-7-22 of the Code of West Virginia
(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using reasonable and proportionate force, including deadly force, against an intruder or attacker to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's or attacker's unlawful entry if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder or attacker may kill or inflict serious bodily harm upon the occupant or others in the home or residence or if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder or attacker intends to commit a felony in the home or residence and the occupant reasonably believes deadly force is necessary.
(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder or attacker in the circumstances described in subsection (a) of this section.
(c) A person not engaged in unlawful activity who is attacked in any place he or she has a legal right to be outside of his or her home or residence may use reasonable and proportionate force against an intruder or attacker: Provided, That such person may use deadly force against an intruder or attacker in a place that is not his or her residence without a duty to retreat if the person reasonably believes that he or she or another is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm from which he or she or another can only be saved by the use of deadly force against the intruder or attacker.
(d) The justified use of reasonable and proportionate force under this section shall constitute a full and complete defense to any civil action brought by an intruder or attacker against a person using such force.
(e) The full and complete civil defense created by the provisions of this section is not available to a person who: (1) Is attempting to commit, committing or escaping from the commission of a felony; (2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself, herself or another with the intent to use such force as an excuse to inflict bodily harm upon the assailant; or (3) Otherwise initially provokes the use of force against himself, herself or another, unless he or she withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.
(f) The provisions of this section do not apply to the creation of a hazardous or dangerous condition on or in any real or personal property designed to prevent criminal conduct or cause injury to a person engaging in criminal conduct.[27]
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 11, 2011, 03:00 PM

I can't cheer for shit like this...

I can only imagine what it feels like to be that homeowner. I mean we all like guns and we rah rah rah for more liberal gun laws and stuff like that...but who would really enjoy having to pull a trigger on someone breaking into their OWN house?

I know I wouldn't....it would be misery.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#6)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'

February 11, 2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post

I can only imagine what it feels like to be that homeowner. I mean we all like guns and we rah rah rah for more liberal gun laws and stuff like that...but who would really enjoy having to pull a trigger on someone breaking into their OWN house?

i understand where you coming from but seriously, someone disrespects your property and your space and endangers your life and the lives of your family members, no matter what the consequences you will protect them to the best of your ability, if that means using firearms, im sure 99% of the people here would have done the same thing

-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Unread
  (#7)
Elite Racing

February 11, 2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I un-ignore you just to see what kind of shit you're spouting off with......

The homeowner felt threatened because his home was being invaded...by two people!

Granted, it's never good having to kill another human, but shit man, if it's your life or theirs?? C'mon.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 11, 2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushin View Post
i understand where you coming from but seriously, someone disrespects your property and your space and endangers your life and the lives of your family members, no matter what the consequences you will protect them to the best of your ability, if that means using firearms, im sure 99% of the people here would have done the same thing

No I'm not disputing the fact that I wouldn't do the same to protect my family and myself...

I'm just choosing not to cheer and glorify the fact....

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#9)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'

February 11, 2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'm just choosing not to cheer and glorify the fact....

i dont think chris was glorifying anything, just saying that you do what you have to do, no one really "wants" to kill someone in self defense

-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Unread
  (#10)
Elite Racing

February 11, 2011, 03:14 PM

The invader(s) injure or kill homeowners in most circumstances when it comes to home invasions/robberies.

Those fuckers took a chance.

They got what they deserved.

Edit - And yeah, I kinda did the happy dance for the homeowner. He chose to not be a victim.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

Last edited by Castle; February 11, 2011 at 03:17 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
God of the Gaps

February 11, 2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:

Breaking in and home invasion are two very different things. Home invasions usually don't end well for the victims. If someone is breaking down my door trying to get at me or my family, I would have no problem pulling the trigger in that situation. I probably wouldn't lose much sleep over it after the fact either.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
I got nuthin

February 11, 2011, 03:37 PM

All because they were smoing Marijuana.

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty  
Unread
  (#13)
opossum puncher

February 11, 2011, 03:48 PM

I can agree and note it cant be a good feeling to live with, however, Ill point out the plainly obvious....LIVE WITH....

Better to be judged.....

VA has similar laws to Wva, right to defend self, property, and others with deadly force.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#14)
Ballaugh Bridge

February 11, 2011, 03:54 PM

VA doesn't have a Casle Doctrine law on the books but the general principle is supported by case law.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#15)
unapologetic

February 11, 2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228 View Post
Sometimes I un-ignore you just to see what kind of shit you're spouting off with......

The homeowner felt threatened because his home was being invaded...by two people!

Granted, it's never good having to kill another human, but shit man, if it's your life or theirs?? C'mon.
and there you go quoting him. Lot's of others have him on ignore too, you ass!

everything else you said I agree with.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid