DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 598
3 members and 595 guests
Sal_the_man, Scot, stan55
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
honda or toyota minivan rentals?
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

honda or toyota minivan rentals? - May 21, 2012, 02:03 PM

Taking a trip to orlando in sept, and one of the options we are thinking about is renting a minivan to drive down.

Pretty much all of the rental car companies only rent Dodge/Ford/chrysler minivans.

I had heard that some dealerships let you rent from them. Ive come up bupkiss.

Id really like to drive an odyssey or sienna. I have heard they are the best. After driving it a week, it may turn into a purchase in the future..

Anyway, hoping someone knows of a place.

Thanks.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 21, 2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Taking a trip to orlando in sept, and one of the options we are thinking about is renting a minivan to drive down.

Pretty much all of the rental car companies only rent Dodge/Ford/chrysler minivans.

Id really like to drive an odyssey or sienna. I have heard they are the best. After driving it a week, it may turn into a purchase in the future..

Thanks.
You have a crew cab f150. What the fuck do you need to rent a minivan for?

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

May 21, 2012, 02:30 PM

hahahaha.. fuck, you sound like my wife..

lol

i said "THINKING" about it. The short version of the story is that i hate..hate..hate long trips in the car. The extra row would let me sleep in the back.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Stand Collector

May 21, 2012, 02:31 PM

Honda...cause VTEC /thread

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#5)
I hate Hybrid drivers

May 21, 2012, 02:44 PM

Amerrrrican. Ford has some really nice stuff out now. If you buy a mini van you will be banned from .net and Moe's. FYI
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

May 21, 2012, 02:46 PM

I know..want to rent first..

oh, my 3.5 y/o loves moes, no way we can cut that out..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

May 21, 2012, 02:54 PM

At the risk of turning over my man card, I rented a Dodge Caravan several months ago and was surprised at how smooth and car like it drove.

It didn't "feel" like a Ford (stiff) and it didn't feel like a GM (numb, floaty, and overboosted steering). The ride quality was pleasantly in the middle and the feedback relatively good for a minivan.

Edit: Didn't see that last part. You want to rent to test drive for the purpose of possibly purchasing. Nevermind.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

May 21, 2012, 02:57 PM

Check it out. Appears Toyota may have an official program in place but up to individual dealer if they want to participate.
Toyota Rent a Car

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 21, 2012, 04:19 PM

Ive done trips in a crew cab f150. Better than any minivan. Don't fag out and buy a minivan

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 21, 2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Ive done trips in a crew cab f150. Better than any minivan. Don't fag out and buy a minivan
from the man who fagged out and bought a v-strom

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 21, 2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps

from the man who fagged out and bought a v-strom
Fggt. Don't you have some cars to attack with your face, or something

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#12)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 21, 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Fggt. Don't you have some cars to attack with your face, or something
Shoulder first, brah

You must have never played foosball

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Unread
  (#13)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

May 21, 2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post

Thanks.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote: