DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 579
3 members and 576 guests
2blueyam, beatle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Honeymoon
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

Honeymoon - March 4, 2009, 07:25 PM

Need I-d-ers.

We have talked to a bunch of different people all pushing different places, but as of yet still have not locked down a spot.

Cost is a factor, and Id like to keep it under 5k including everything, Ev er y thiiiing... (travel, stay, fun while there, food, drink).

Also we are huge food and wine fans.

Down side, wife does not like to try a lot of new or unusual food (however I do)

I require a warm beach, access to decent scuba, and would prefer a pool with a bar.

She likes to explore new places (shes traveled a lot of Europe)

Trip would be between May and Oct at the latest, but would prefer sooner rather than later.

We have looked in to all of the Caribbean, South America, South Africa (flight costs are very low) , etc.

Whats prety much out of the realm of possibility Hawaii, Mediterranean, Asia, Pacific Rim. Why? Because while there I want to go out and drop $300 on dinner and not blow my budget. I want to be able to go out and do stuff.

So please throw up links, opinions, and ideas, and remember the better the price the more trackdays I can afford.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
Crackdays for everyone!

March 4, 2009, 07:48 PM

The wife and I went on our honeymoon to an all inclusive adults only resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Basically fly into Cancun and head south. I cant recall the resort we stayed in but it was really nice. Price was a factor for us and so the wife did a lot research and the best thing she came up with was this. I don't thing we sent more the 4g on everything including the flights. We took about a grand with us but only ended spending like $200 on stupid shit. I pretty much got hammered all day long with the endless supply of alcohol. Our was room stocked twice a day and bar wasnt more than 5 ft way at all times. I aside from that we did take to trips off the resort that was included in our trip. One was a day of 4 wheel'n on a 4 wheeler and then onto some speed boats out in the ocean. Surprisingly my wife liked both. The other trip was to the Muyan ruins. As for food, the resort had something like 5 different resturants. Anyways, the wife and I had a great time and we would go back in a heart beat.

Matt K.
09 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt  
Unread
  (#3)
One and Only

March 4, 2009, 08:14 PM

Sandals Ocho Rios Jamaica.

10 days. all-incl w/ airfare. every possible "extra" thing I could do on the island.

Easily less than 4 grand. Easily, and I spent a grand in play money while there.

I will say: Don't try and be a foodie. Just eat and drink and be merry. If you over analyze things, like I do (it's a career thing), you'll be disappointed. If you just focus on enjoying yourself, you'll fucking love it.

Best of luck to you guys.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 4, 2009, 08:22 PM

Do not rule out Hawaii! I spent 10 days there with airfare and car rental for 3 grand. Spent the whole time on Maui cause I love that place. Booked it all thru expedia. I booked a condo with full kitchen, 2baths, and locked parking lot. Was right across from Kihei public beach 2. Great diving with Maui Dive shop. We snorkled though. If you really want more we should meet and I can give you a lot more info and show you some pics. Also the best was renting a jeep from Maui Dive shop and doing some offroading.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
yut ugh!

March 4, 2009, 08:22 PM

Hey man..

Well, not sure if you've ever been to Italy but I'll give my input. I lived in Sicily for two years and loved every minute of it. The first 2 pics are from Taormina, a great gettaway for movie stars and the commoner alike My suggestion would be to stay there. Mountain-esque landscape, Sea views, but with the smaller European city type feel. It is a tourist destination so picking the right time to go is important.

The third picture is of Caltigirone which is about an hour away from Taormina. Lots of art and is considered the Ceramic capital of Italy. And 2 hours from Taormina is Agrigento, the islands Greek ruins. 3-4 hours away is Palermo but to me, it's not worth the drive.

As far as wine.. c'mon. It's a no brainer. The house wine's of these small restaurants is usually 5x better than the good stuff found here. Also, don't sleep on "Agiturismo's". These are farm house B&B's but you don't necessarily have to stay at them. The main attraction would be their dinners. For around $25 a person, you are served a 5 course, 2 meat meal. Most of food served is all from the farm (and it's nice, not like some crap farm where it's all run down). All you can drink wine, fresh squeezed blood orange juice, and an after dinner espresso.

The best beaches are normally $8 for the day. Includes your shade umbrella and lounge chairs. Usually have showers to wash the sand off and convenient parking (right down the mountain from Taormina).

Let me know if you want any additional information.. good luck!

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

March 4, 2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Sandals Ocho Rios Jamaica.

10 days. all-incl w/ airfare. every possible "extra" thing I could do on the island.

Easily less than 4 grand. Easily, and I spent a grand in play money while there.

I will say: Don't try and be a foodie. Just eat and drink and be merry. If you over analyze things, like I do (it's a career thing), you'll be disappointed. If you just focus on enjoying yourself, you'll fucking love it.

Best of luck to you guys.
Wood, I really value your opinion on a lot of things, food being a major item, however my experience with Jamaica is that the entire island is shit, and if you dare to venture outside any tourist zone you might as well be in Afghanistan. I went to Ochos Rios on a cruise and while waiting for friends outside the local beach (lined with fing razor wire) a local who waited on us on the beach came and asked me what I was doin, I said waiting, he said go to the ship, or get stabbed, my choice.

Im a wino, and enjoy food, by no means a foodie, chili dogs are a fav.

Im off Jamaica.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; March 4, 2009 at 08:31 PM..
Unread
  (#7)
yut ugh!

March 4, 2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
Wood, I really value your opinion on a lot of things, food being a major item, however my experience with Jamaica is that the entire island is shit, and if you date to venture outside and tourist zone you might as well be in Afghanistan. I went to Ochos Rios on a cruise and while waiting for friends outside the local beach (lined with fing razor wire) a local came and asked me what I was doin, I said waiting, he said go to the ship, or get stabbed, my choice.

Im off Jamaica.
I wasn't going to say anything.. but for my only experience with Jamaica, Ochos Rios was crap. Nothing like sitting at Margaritaville and that being the only place to feel slightly safe..

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#8)
One and Only

March 4, 2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Wood, I really value your opinion on a lot of things, food being a major item, however my experience with Jamaica is that the entire island is shit, and if you dare to venture outside any tourist zone you might as well be in Afghanistan. I went to Ochos Rios on a cruise and while waiting for friends outside the local beach (lined with fing razor wire) a local who waited on us on the beach came and asked me what I was doin, I said waiting, he said go to the ship, or get stabbed, my choice.

Im off Jamaica.

For what it's worth, I agree completely.

For the right type of person, it can be a heavenly experience.

Hope this doesn't seem mis-leading.

Right up the 1 hole.
?
Unread
  (#9)
"?"

? - March 4, 2009, 09:15 PM

I'm in for Greece!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
3 is better than 4

March 4, 2009, 09:17 PM

Thailand is amazing, around Chieng Mai and Chieng Rai. There is so much to do and the food is so cheap and good. The Limestone waterfall was brilliant you could walk down/up it barefoot. And the colors are so vibrant and lively. Let me know if you want pics. The only thing that will kill you is the tickets flying there, after that everything there is cheap.

Spain is another great place to go.

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick675  
Unread
  (#11)
opossum puncher

March 4, 2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
For what it's worth, I agree completely.

For the right type of person, it can be a heavenly experience.

Hope this doesn't seem mis-leading.
Yo, Im totally with you, thats why Im looking for tons of ideas from the peanut gallery, there is a chance one might fit.

Everyone likes something different.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#12)
TPG

March 4, 2009, 09:32 PM

congrats, There's a lot of great places that can be arranged for surprisingly low prices in Mexico, my personal favorite is Puerto Vallarta but there's tons of amazing places on both coasts
Unread
  (#13)
One and Only

March 4, 2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Yo, Im totally with you, thats why Im looking for tons of ideas from the peanut gallery, there is a chance one might fit.

Everyone likes something different.

Since you guys brought it up....

I think if you're someone naive enough to believe in paradise, Jamaica isn't for you. The "paradise" is manufactured in what is basically a third world country.

If you think the population of Jamaica is really that hospitable and happy you're there....you're retarded.

Having said that....if you simply want to experience some new, or learn about a different culture, one should go at least once. I found it fascinating. Only a couple times in my life have I been nervous for my safety. Riding in a freakin zebra-painted LandRover through downtown Ochie in the busiest part of the day was one of those time. Sorta sick, but I loved it. I really just wanted to get out and smoke a blunt with some of those mean lookin' dudes. Like, "I'm not here to mock your 'produced' culture." Much love, ya know?

The "duty free" shopping shit that everybody gets all gay for was, well.....stupid.

I swore we'd never go back.

We're currently planning our return trip for our 2-year in Nov.

Of note: Jason Britton really sold me on the place.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#14)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 5, 2009, 05:08 AM

take the 5k and buy a new bike and take her for a ride on the back , i wouldnt go the the caribbean late summer early fall isnt that hurricane season?

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#15)
Pleased to meet me

March 5, 2009, 06:57 AM

Take her to the edge of the continent and ten years from now she won't be daydreaming of her old boyfriend.

http://www.aerostichtours.com/2009-alaska-tour