DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 618
3 members and 615 guests
GRN96WS6, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!

July 16, 2005, 11:30 PM

YES YES YES YES

YES YES YES YES !!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#2)
What's today? aah fuck it

July 16, 2005, 11:41 PM

i wouldn't know...i left too early
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

July 16, 2005, 11:45 PM

Taylor won on a split decision. Usually there is controversy. However, although this was a close fight, Jermaine pulled it out. He lost the last 4 rounds but won enough rounds to win the fight.

I like taylor because he doesn't do alot of talking, he goes in there and just does what he does best. Bernard got a couple of shots in that rocked Taylor a little but taylor came back with combinations and flurries.

All in all, a good fight. Hats off to Bernard for even taking the fight this late in his career.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE 31st NOW!!! DULLES EXPO CENTER !!!!
Unread
  (#4)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 17, 2005, 09:16 AM

All,

one more round and Taylor would have been on his ASS. Hopkins waited too long to start his offensive.

Hopkins is still the king and will destroy Taylor during the re-match.

Mike

2005 Yamaha R1
2005 Honda Rune
2005 Honda Goldwing
Unread
  (#5)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

July 17, 2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
Taylor won on a split decision. Usually there is controversy. However, although this was a close fight, Jermaine pulled it out. He lost the last 4 rounds but won enough rounds to win the fight.

I like taylor because he doesn't do alot of talking, he goes in there and just does what he does best. Bernard got a couple of shots in that rocked Taylor a little but taylor came back with combinations and flurries.

All in all, a good fight. Hats off to Bernard for even taking the fight this late in his career.

What's going on at the dulles expo on the 31st???

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#6)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 17, 2005, 12:56 PM

close fight. Bernard definitely waited too long and he really didn't have much of an offense other than the right hand.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

July 17, 2005, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico0920
Quote:

Chico,

YOU DON'T KNOW PLAYA!!!

MMA (No Holds Barred/Mixed Martial Arts), Thai-Boxing National Championships, and Submission Grappling national championships. You KNOW that Evolve Academy / Team Lloyd Irvin will be repesentin'. Me and a boat load of my boys/students will be competing. July 29th, 30th, and 31st.

Check it out at http://www.wkausa.com/
Unread
  (#8)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

July 17, 2005, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico0920
Quote:

Chico,

YOU DON'T KNOW PLAYA!!!

MMA (No Holds Barred/Mixed Martial Arts), Thai-Boxing National Championships, and Submission Grappling national championships. You KNOW that Evolve Academy / Team Lloyd Irvin will be repesentin'. Me and a boat load of my boys/students will be competing. July 29th, 30th, and 31st.

kewl

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#9)
A girl must have her toys

July 18, 2005, 09:07 AM

Damn I lost $20 bucks on this fight!

I think taylor would have been on his ass if Hopkins would have started is last 4 rounds one round earlier! Darn Darn Darn.

You still have to give it to the 40 year old man for going in there and doing 12 rounds!

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#10)
Railing!

July 18, 2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
Damn I lost $20 bucks on this fight!

I think taylor would have been on his ass if Hopkins would have started is last 4 rounds one round earlier! Darn Darn Darn.

You still have to give it to the 40 year old man for going in there and doing 12 rounds!
Oh, there is no doubt that Hopkins is the man and would've won if he'd started his offensive earlier. He is by NO means done! Most fighters, you can tell when their time has come. Hopkins showed NO signs of age. His strategy was just off.
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

July 18, 2005, 09:48 AM

this was a setup!!!! Tryin to get money from peeps. They may get my money on the rematch though. Hopkins is gonna whip that azz!

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

July 18, 2005, 11:36 AM

Boxing get uglier and uglier with every pay per view card. Yeah Jermaine Taylor won the fight on rounds, but in a fight that close, where a split decision is used and the fight is that close you gotta give the fight to the Champ. I like Taylor, but that performance was not worthy to lay claim ot the title. Not to mention most of his "flurries" were no hitters...he looked stunning, but lacked the stun in his gun...

As is the case in the boxing world you have to start looking at the politics behind the fight nowadays. And this definitely wreaks of that.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Azraely2k  
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

July 18, 2005, 03:21 PM

I agree with Azraely. I think it was a pay day setup. Hopkins could have murded the kid earlier if he wanted to. Like most have said he started his offense to late. Taylor evens wants a rematch because in his eyes he is the Champ that got that ass whipped by an old fart. I will definitely watch it again when the rematch takes place.

Country Boy with a City Boy's Attitude!

Riding is a Gift don't Abuse it!
Unread
  (#14)
A girl must have her toys

July 18, 2005, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraely2k
Boxing get uglier and uglier with every pay per view card. Yeah Jermaine Taylor won the fight on rounds, but in a fight that close, where a split decision is used and the fight is that close you gotta give the fight to the Champ. I like Taylor, but that performance was not worthy to lay claim ot the title. Not to mention most of his "flurries" were no hitters...he looked stunning, but lacked the stun in his gun...

As is the case in the boxing world you have to start looking at the politics behind the fight nowadays. And this definitely wreaks of that.
I agree with you!

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

July 19, 2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Chico,

YOU DON'T KNOW PLAYA!!!

I will probably be there - I have a friend competing in the MMA tourney. I trained with him this winter till he busted up my foot. Awsome sport, If I was 10 years younger I would get into it.