DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
4 members and 509 guests
davidcycle, lemond, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Horses Mauled By Pit Bull In Frederick
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Unhappy Horses Mauled By Pit Bull In Frederick - October 11, 2006, 04:59 PM

FREDERICK, MD -- A miniature horse foal is recovering after being nearly killed by a pit bull.

"Dot," a 5-month-old foal suffered more than 100 puncture wounds on her legs and still has an open wound on her underside from an attack early Tuesday morning.

The attack happened at Karin Walden's farm on Old Annapolis Road in Frederick.

Walden says she notices her horses panicking in the stall on a closed-circuit television. When she came out, she saw a brown pitbull and a mixed breed dog running away.

Wednesday afternoon she identified a captured pit bull at Animal Control who attacked "Dot" and three other horses on her property.

"There's a flesh-eating bacteria that sets pretty quickly, and that's what we are hoping doesn't happen," says Walden. "We're hoping her temperature doesn't spike. So, those are the two main reasons. We are kind of tentative right now."

Animal Control officers are still searching for the other dog.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

October 11, 2006, 05:05 PM

The EXACT same thing happened with Joey Porter's dogs in Pennsylvania.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
Track Ho

October 11, 2006, 06:02 PM

how does a random pitbull get into a horse stable?

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
BE ENCOURAGED!

October 11, 2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie
how does a random pitbull get into a horse stable?
Especially an unstable dog!

Bawhahahahaha...I crack myself up!

OMG........I can't breathe!! Oh! Oh!....eh...Oh?

Oh.....Sorry.....Back to lurking

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#5)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 11, 2006, 07:35 PM

I know Karen. And the horses aren't in a stable per say. They are in a fenced field, the foal was in a fenced paddock probably 40' x 40'. Dogs can get in easily through the fence.

This is the full story..
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...?StoryID=53003

and from what I understand, they have found the second dog and are looking for a third.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#6)
old fat and slow

October 11, 2006, 08:05 PM

The problem is that the owner will never voluntarily come forward and pay for the injuries or be punished so the dog will be put down instead. Of course even if the owner does come forward the dog will still be put down.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam  
Unread
  (#7)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 11, 2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam
The problem is that the owner will never voluntarily come forward and pay for the injuries or be punished so the dog will be put down instead. Of course even if the owner does come forward the dog will still be put down.
Unfortunately you are right. They will probably never find the owners and yes the dogs will be put down. It's sad, for the dogs and for the horses that they attacked. I would rather see the owners put down but that will never happen. It's a shame that anyone can own a dog.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

October 11, 2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6SheDevil
I know Karen. And the horses aren't in a stable per say. They are in a fenced field, the foal was in a fenced paddock probably 40' x 40'. Dogs can get in easily through the fence.

This is the full story..
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...?StoryID=53003

and from what I understand, they have found the second dog and are looking for a third.
Who cares if the horses are just in a fenced field! These damn dog owners need to be more responsible. I have nothing against AmStaf's except their owner/trainers. I know many that are as gentle as can be. Put 2 or 3 three poorly cared for, hungery dogs together and you get pack hunters. That is what they did, hunted. Those types of dogs are dangerous but its the owners fault.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

October 11, 2006, 08:21 PM

Ironically my neighbors horse got out tonight, but did not jump my fence and attack my Shepard.
Unread
  (#10)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 11, 2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
Who cares if the horses are just in a fenced field! These damn dog owners need to be more responsible. I have nothing against AmStaf's except their owner/trainers. I know many that are as gentle as can be. Put 2 or 3 three poorly cared for, hungery dogs together and you get pack hunters. That is what they did, hunted. Those types of dogs are dangerous but its the owners fault.
actually someone asked, how a dog could get into a stable, I was just explaining that the foal was not in a stable. I totally agree that it's the dog owners fault.

Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

October 11, 2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6SheDevil
actually someone asked, how a dog could get into a stable, I was just explaining that the foal was not in a stable. I totally agree that it's the dog owners fault.
city folk
Unread
  (#12)
Meh

October 12, 2006, 09:34 AM

put down the owners please.
Unread
  (#13)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

October 12, 2006, 12:55 PM

I'm sure the owers will not come forward...that sucks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#14)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

October 12, 2006, 12:56 PM

poor horsey and dogs! Stupid dog owners!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#15)
Rocket girl

October 12, 2006, 01:05 PM

Prime example why everyone should have a

Angie
05 GSX-R 600 sold

I will be back on 2!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to angiegsxr 600 Send a message via MSN to angiegsxr 600