DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 585
0 members and 585 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
HOV Violation
Unread
  (#1)
Go Team Venture!!!

HOV Violation - November 9, 2007, 06:02 PM

I got a lame HOV Ticket today on 267. I was heading home from work in traffic like everyone else (in the jeep not my bike), dealing with the rain and fog. Dumbass in the lane next to me starts to move over into my lane without checking to see if it's clear. Honked my horn but jerk keeps coming so I move over to the HOV lane to avoid the accident and the dumbass takes my lane and keeps driving on like nothing happend. So I can't get back over due to traffic and as I am trying to get back over I pass a cop who pulls me over and tells me he did not see the incedent and can only deal with what he sees. This is all in about a mile or so. It's my first so no points but should I fight it or just let it go? Its in unFairfax so I might get the hanging judge and loose my license for 6 months just for trying to fight the fine. Suggestions please?
Jack

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#2)
PewPew

November 9, 2007, 06:12 PM

Just pay the ticket, court is pointless over an HOV violation. Next time let the moron hit you so you can a) get a new car / use insurance money as down payment for new bike and b) sue the ever living shit out of he / she for being a dumbass.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#3)
Posting Nothing Relevant

November 9, 2007, 06:17 PM

dude, that sucks! whats the fine for that? anything over $100 and i'd atleast plead my case.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#4)
Go Team Venture!!!

November 9, 2007, 06:19 PM

$125 no points

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#5)
Tough guy

November 9, 2007, 06:44 PM

I think with fees its $185. Don't waste your time fighting it...you'll loose and miss a day of work. I hate VA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
I got a lame HOV Ticket today on 267. I was heading home from work in traffic like everyone else (in the jeep not my bike), dealing with the rain and fog. Dumbass in the lane next to me starts to move over into my lane without checking to see if it's clear. Honked my horn but jerk keeps coming so I move over to the HOV lane to avoid the accident and the dumbass takes my lane and keeps driving on like nothing happend. So I can't get back over due to traffic and as I am trying to get back over I pass a cop who pulls me over and tells me he did not see the incedent and can only deal with what he sees. This is all in about a mile or so. It's my first so no points but should I fight it or just let it go? Its in unFairfax so I might get the hanging judge and loose my license for 6 months just for trying to fight the fine. Suggestions please?
Jack

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

November 9, 2007, 06:51 PM

I think I saw you pulled over....

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

November 9, 2007, 06:56 PM

wow you guys like to just throw money away. Use a sick day or a vacation day and fight it. You still get get paid for work and have a chance for it to be thrown out. Go to court and explain it to the judge. When you explain it to him be very detailed. Tell him the make and model and color of the car that intruded into your lane. Its worth a try you never know. It might get thrown out. I dont think there are to many people that go to court for HOV tickets so he might rule in your favor.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
November 9, 2007, 08:05 PM

Fight it! The next one will cost a bunch. You got nailed once it can happen again.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

November 9, 2007, 09:10 PM

$185 = about 6hrs time, plus parking, plus food. For me I would pay it as my time is worth more than that for sure.

The problem is next time you are caught (if you ever NEED to take HOV) it will be much higher and points so you loose your freebie regarding points.

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

November 9, 2007, 10:49 PM

I think you just have to chalk it up to bad luck. If you fight it you're basically saying the same thing you said to the cop - to a judge. Judge will probably say "uh huh... sure." But you never know.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
Retired

November 10, 2007, 12:16 AM

unFairfax

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Recognized by .net as the #1 choice for poor gays worldwide.
Unread
  (#12)
Spike

November 10, 2007, 09:00 AM

Jack, you will not win the HOV violation if you go to court. Why didn't you just slow down and let the moron in?? Guess asking that now is pointless too. Sorry man

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#13)
TEAM.SUKUZI

November 10, 2007, 10:34 AM

here...this will keep ure mind off of things~

sex addict