DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 685
3 members and 682 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
How women chose the men they date
Unread
  (#1)
singin sweet home alabama

How women chose the men they date - October 13, 2006, 11:11 PM

Ok, so I saw this article, and figured it would make good fodder here.

How women chose the men they date
By Matthew Fitzgerald

If you want to know how women really choose men, don't bother asking a woman.

True, when it comes to relationships, women are in charge of the selection process because they control access to sexuality -- they let men "in" -- so you'd think they'd know exactly why and how they choose their partners. But the problem is, women lie. They lie to men; they lie to themselves (and they are perfectly capable of believing their own lies).

If you ask any woman what she's looking for in a man, she'll come out with a long list of ennobling qualities: a sense of humor; a guy who's nice to her and treats her well; good values; a strong moral character, etc.

Uh huh. Right. And she'll leave footprints all over Mr. Sense of Humor as she scrambles to be first in line when an arrogant, philandering, single doctor roars up in his Ferrari.

woman, please…

Let's be honest -- if women really chose men based on what they say they're looking for, then every nice, average guy out there would be besieged with females trying to go out with him. But nice, average guys generally stay home on the weekends with a date from the back room of the local video store.

Many women lie. They are experts at self-deceit because if they ever admitted to themselves what they really want from men, then they'd be forced to acknowledge that they don't really want a "nice" guy.
The most important reality a man can understand about female behavior is this: never pay attention to what a woman says -- watch what she actually does .

truth is in her actions

And what does she actually do? When it comes to choosing men, she heads straight for the cash. What women want most from men -- and therefore the criterion most significant to them in selecting a mate -- is money.

For the majority of women, dating and marriage are businesses. Women marry up, not down. A man will marry a woman who scrubs the floor at a slaughterhouse if she's nice and pretty enough -- but if she's nice and she's pretty and she's working at the slaughterhouse, you can rest assured she's there because she's got her eye on the owner of the company.

When a woman says all the good ones are taken, she means all the ones with money. The man who changes her oil or checks her groceries might very well be a great guy capable of loving her dearly, but she wouldn't even consider him as a potential suitor because he doesn't have enough earning power.

Some women are blatant about their mercenary choices, openly choosing men with substantial material assets that they can sex-ploit . But most are subconscious hypocrites, screening out less successful men without admitting it to themselves. They publicly announce that all they want is a nice guy, but privately disregard any men who don't meet their elevated standards for money, success, and status.

There's proof that all they want is money…

continues...

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi....html?netscape

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#2)
You meet the nicest

October 13, 2006, 11:18 PM

fodder

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

October 14, 2006, 12:21 AM

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 14, 2006, 07:17 AM

you had me right til the cynicism started dripping from my monitor
Unread
  (#5)
Resident Rodent

October 14, 2006, 07:58 AM

Hmm.

Doesn't seem to work for most of the class of people under 25.

Fits in well with the grassy-knoll theory, tho.

LOL.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#6)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 14, 2006, 08:08 AM

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#7)
WULF PAK NOVA RYDAZ

October 14, 2006, 08:22 AM

+1

-juan-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kotic-zx Send a message via AIM to kotic-zx  
Unread
  (#8)
DAS BOOT

October 14, 2006, 09:27 AM

wow.... well, since it's out in the open, CHRIS GIMMIE MO MONEY BISH!!

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

October 14, 2006, 09:29 AM

oh yeah, and here is the rest of the article

<< Previous Page

In one breath they proclaim, "I don't care how much money a man makes. I can make my own money," and in the next, "But whoever I date has to have a status (read: money) job." All other men without this "status job," no matter how nice, intelligent or funny, will be ignored.
The flagrant hypocrisy is brushed under the carpet. The only reason a woman will choose a man without money is if he's on the fast track to a high-earning career -- she views this as an investment of her time and a payment plan for the use of her female goods.
Clinical studies, conducted by Robert Trivers et al., show that women value financial prospects about twice as highly as men do, having higher standards regarding financial prospects at all stages of a relationship. In fact, in any given year, American men who marry generally earn 50% more money than men of the same age who do not marry.
woman want status

Women place a high value on a good education, the assurance of a promising career, and ambition, all of which indicate potential for making money. The socioeconomic status of males has a decisive influence on female sexual response at all levels of intimacy, even offsetting male unattractiveness. In one study, college women were shown photographs of handsome and homely men in three different attires:

<LI nd="5">Blazer, shirt, designer tie, and Rolex watch (these men were described as doctors) <LI nd="6">Plain white shirt (these men were described as teachers) <LI nd="7">Uniform of a Burger King employee.
The women viewed the photographs with their descriptions and stated their willingness to engage in relationships with the men. The study found that the women were significantly more willing to engage in relationships with high status/homely males than with either the medium or low status, handsome males.
So money -- or the assurance of money in the future -- is the single most significant criterion in how women choose men. The blame for this phenomenon lies in our society -- a society which promotes female arrogance and the manipulation of men; a society which panders to females across the board.
In a day and age when women are screaming about equal rights, can there be any excuse for the hypocrisy of female mercenary behavior? When women earn as much -- or more -- than men, why should guys be forced to hand over their hard-earned cash to women? And why should men allow themselves to be chosen primarily on their ability to earn?
men love sex

The reason is simple: because men want sex, they let women get away with this -- giving free rein to female sex-ploitation . Men are brought up by their mothers to cater to women, to bring them flowers, to hold open doors, to act as chauffeurs -- and to pay for access to sex.
Most women will not allow access to that sex unless the man has first shelled out quite of bit of money for drinks, dinners, entertainment, etc. A woman expects a free ride just because she is biologically female; she expects men to pay for sex. She will vehemently deny this. But she chooses men in the first place precisely because of their ability to pay.
This is wrong. Dating should be about partnership, not a whore/john relationship. It should be about two people getting together because they like each other and enjoy each other's company, not because a man is paying for a woman's time. Women need to learn to respect men, not use them and ruthlessly sex-ploit them. But if male-female relationships are going to change for the better, it's entirely up to us to enforce the change. If we stop paying for women, then women will be forced to choose us for qualities other than the size of our wallets.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Still here

October 14, 2006, 10:56 AM

Wow, guess I wasn't supposed to take my last BF to Jamaica...he was supposed to take me. Shit, I knew I was doing something wrong!

...and maybe women "marry up" the first go round. All I know is, if I were to ever do it again there's going to be one hell of a pre-nup involved.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#11)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

October 14, 2006, 11:17 AM

stupid article, of course written by a man and probably and man who doesn't get very many dates.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#12)
In the Shadows

October 14, 2006, 11:27 AM

Oh you have got to be kidding me. That's a pretty generic, generational, subjective position...although true in SOME cases.

From MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15039140/

Exerpt:
The Housekeeping Monthly article represents an underlying issue in many marriages: Who has control? That’s why there are jokes about women who “wear the real pants” in the family and manipulate their sad sack husbands into making them do all kinds of things that they don’t want to do. So a man may fantasize about a June Cleaver-like wife, because he wants more control in their marriage — or even have the upper hand. Wanting more control occurs when one partner feels insecure and unsure of his, or hers, own worth and power. When both parties feel heard and sure of their own effectiveness, their fantasies of being taken care of diminish.

I have NEVER dated a man because of his financial status. I have NEVER NOT dated a man because of his financial status. It's all about the physical attraction, attitude and relative disposition to mine.

I've dated some hotties that were broke as hell but came up with creative ways of having [low budget] fun. I've dated some financially secure hottie-asshats that thought the cash would take the place of an actual [decent] personality. I would rather date a man who was MENTALLY secure in who he was and was respectful of me. I am financially secure in my own right so yeah, I would prefer someone who wasn't intimidated by my financial freedom, but I'm not going to judge him based upon his financial staus [alone].

Nearly everyone has experienced the inconvenience of having the money to go out or take a trip, etc... and had to pay for their date. Guess what guys, it works both ways. Last "date" I went on, I paid for the tickets, the hotel room and dinner. I think it all added up to about $900...we had a great time and yeah, it was TOTALLY worth it! And no, it didn't bother me in the least to pay. Why? Because he's NICE TO ME, STANDS FOR SOMETHING (Marine), APPRECIATES ME, and the shookie is great.

NICE works guys - especially if your ass is broke! Really - you got nothing else to work with now, do you?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx  
Unread
  (#13)
Resident Rodent

October 14, 2006, 11:30 AM

LOL.

Ok. What the hell ...

Let's start some good discussion (smile) ...

Magic Rat's Perfect Woman:

- can sing (drunk or sober ... LOL)

- can play guitar (because that's so kewl)

- loves motorcycles (because ... well ... you know ...)

- loves James Taylor

- is my intellectual equal ... or better ... (it's tough to relate to somebody that you have to explain basic things to ... ever seen "Jay-Walking" on Jay Leno?)

- can wake up on a Saturday morning at 11:00 am after getting home at 3:22 am ... then put on a ball cap and go to Denny's for breakfast wearing sweatpants, a t-shirt, and no bra ... because she doesn't give a shit what other people think

- can make up for my shortcomings: in public, in relationships with friends, in raising kids (yes, there are things that I suck at ... and know it ... sure would be a beautiful thing if my wife could be there to create the illusion that I didn't have those shortcomings). You know, the ability to "cover for me" and make me seem better than I really am.

- doesn't worry about money every freeking moment of every freeking day (hint: don't marry an accountant ... they can't help it. LOL)

- Loves to love.

- "At the roots" ... a happy person (not angry, sad, or schitzo)

The end.

P.S. - Oh yeah, if they are pretty ... that's nice too; but frankly I could give a damn after the things above. All the boys have the same "parts" ... all the girls have the same "parts" ... and everybody's "parts" work the same way. Doesn't matter if you are 5'6" and 120lbs or 5'2" and 240 lbs.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com

Last edited by Magic-Rat; October 14, 2006 at 11:32 AM..
Unread
  (#14)
THE PATIENT

October 14, 2006, 11:30 AM

im sure all women arent like that but the majority are just gold diggers these days, even you ladies know which ones they are..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

October 14, 2006, 11:59 AM

I have come to a realization that women are fucking crazy. They are identical to men in that they don't know what the hell is going on in their lives. They are fortunate enough to have what men want.

Yes I said it.

Men want pussy more than women want dick. I don't care if you know a slut or nympho there is a man that wants it more. Because of this women have more time to think about other shit.

For instance. A woman may choose an asshole for excitement but choose the "safe" guy for survival. Happens all the time.

Men, we need to take our dicks back and ration that shit off. Pussy is not the end all. Women say they are not like that but they are. A woman wants security. She wants to know that she has a place to lay her head or a place to raise her kids. She cant do that with an asshole because he is just as worse off as she if not worse. But he is fun or might not give a shit.

She wants to get into his head and find out why he doesnt need her. Thats why they like them. How many times do women go after the decent guy because he is exciting? Never. Its always because he has a nice smile or he treats me nice, blah blah.

I know I sound bitter and I very may well be but its the truth. All you women know it. You guys are still my friends, but none of you cannot say you haven't thought like this.

Men we just need to take control of our dicks. That goes for the nice guys and the assholes. If women can rule with the pussy then so can we. Ill tell you this. Most of the Bi women I know told me fucking a man is way more Hot than fucking a woman. So I know they like the dick so lets not just give it away like its worth <$1.

Women, dont use the "safe" guys like that. You never know what you may be missing down the road. I know you heard it before but the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. You want more excitement then sometimes you have to provide it too.

That "guys are supposed to provide romance" Bullshit went out with women's lib. Take your man out once in a while. Bring him some flowers or shit home. If you like a guy talk to him for change. Don't tell your man "he never talks to you anymore". Well you know it takes two to talk and it doesn't have to start with the man.

Ok im done. I felt like I just got through punching my punching bag. Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!

Last edited by hfam95; October 14, 2006 at 12:04 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95