DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 362
6 members and 356 guests
BigDaddyShoo, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, nootherids, RacerX2050, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
HSU SPEAKERS
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

HSU SPEAKERS - May 26, 2013, 12:40 PM

Been reading a lot about these speakers. Seem to get good reviews, however at 4000 for the full set up am I getting the best for my money spent?

Ultimate Packages

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 26, 2013, 01:39 PM

I'd rather have some old Polk RT3000P's all around with a CS1000P center.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

May 26, 2013, 02:43 PM

If you are spending that much money you will only get the full effect with a acoustically optimized room, there are a lot of companies you can have come out and test your room and they will recommend dampening and speaker placement.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

May 26, 2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I'd rather have some old Polk RT3000P's all around with a CS1000P center.
Or a set of Genelecs.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

May 26, 2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
If you are spending that much money you will only get the full effect with a acoustically optimized room, there are a lot of companies you can have come out and test your room and they will recommend dampening and speaker placement.
Valid point as well.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

May 26, 2013, 08:21 PM

You're paying an extra $600 for the rosenut trim.

They are very nice, but I'd go for the satin.

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

May 28, 2013, 08:03 AM

True, satin would be the way to go. Also been reading any most people *from reading* hate listening to music in 5.1 or 7.1. One guy on a forum even said he uses 2.1 90% of the time and the rest between 5.1 or 7.1. So I won't get the 7.1 and save me some money there also. 2.1 in satin looks like the way to go. My setup is primarily for music and just better tv sound quality.

Now I just need to figure out my receiver/amp situation for this.

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

Unread
  (#8)
just some dude

May 28, 2013, 08:13 AM

looks like half of the $4k in that one package is in the subwoofers. why not get the 7.1 with only one subwoofer?

i have paradigm reference speakers and their old servo controlled subwoofer, it's more than enough to rattle the house. i imagine two bigass subwoofers would bring down the house.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)

Last edited by novasquid; May 28, 2013 at 08:17 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#9)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 28, 2013, 08:22 AM

I have always been a fan of a 2.1 , full range setup for music.

I can't contribute to the discussion however, because the last time I paid attention to this kinda stuff was back before Cambridge sound works got bought out (and subsequently ruined)

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

May 28, 2013, 10:20 AM

I have two cerwin vegas vs-150 that only get played at 2.1. also. Picked them up for 200 bucks back about 4 years ago.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

May 28, 2013, 08:53 PM

my problem is I am not an audiophile nut. I don't know what a good deal is or what I am being taken for a scam on. I figured buying new based off of lots of good reviews and some searching would be better than being had on CL.

I know it's kinda weird logic, but I figured I'd get a better deal new based off my and the internets knowledge than trying to go out and find something that works for a better price.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#12)
watch this!...

May 28, 2013, 09:24 PM

i would try and find those guys that approach you in parking lots with stolen minivans they have great deals on big ass house speakers and surround systems for cheap, and they are brand new.

i hate those guys.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

May 29, 2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1is2many View Post
i would try and find those guys that approach you in parking lots with stolen minivans they have great deals on big ass house speakers and surround systems for cheap, and they are brand new.

i hate those guys.
hahaha, yeah that would be one way to do it. Didn't just a few weeks ago a well organized home invasion crew get busted? If I remember correctly a guy reported someone selling "brand new" stuff out of his van in a parking lot to the cops. They investigated and then the dominos started falling. From what I remember they were very well organized and had an effective approach.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#14)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 29, 2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
looks like half of the $4k in that one package is in the subwoofers. why not get the 7.1 with only one subwoofer?

i have paradigm reference speakers and their old servo controlled subwoofer, it's more than enough to rattle the house. i imagine two bigass subwoofers would bring down the house.
2 BIC PL-200's will bring a house down @ under $700 for the pair.

A friend of mine had one PL-200 and it was one of the best sounding 12" subs I've heard in a very long time.

-Ryan