DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
1 members and 566 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
HUGE TOYOTA RECALL!
Unread
  (#1)
Groping is a skill...

HUGE TOYOTA RECALL! - September 30, 2009, 08:14 PM

Did anyone see this! Fack yo

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/t...sEnabled=false

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
2 wheels for life

September 30, 2009, 08:22 PM

a large burst of electromagnetic pulse could have saved their lives

Adrenaline Addict
Unread
  (#3)
SMB
sans motor bike

September 30, 2009, 08:23 PM

that shit has been out since 2007 model year

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

September 30, 2009, 08:25 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — The 911 call was from a frantic passenger, trapped with family members in a runaway vehicle barreling down a California highway with a stuck accelerator and no brakes.

people are stupid... turn the damn key off....durrrrr

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

September 30, 2009, 08:25 PM

Dayum I just found out about it

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#6)
ZX6R

September 30, 2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) The 911 call was from a frantic passenger, trapped with family members in a runaway vehicle barreling down a California highway with a stuck accelerator and no brakes.

haha i saw that shit. how can the cops help you. all they had to do was put it on N or turn off the dam key

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#7)
TPG Bannings: III

September 30, 2009, 09:15 PM

people are seriously fucking retarded, one of the people that crashed going 120mph due to this was a state trooper, wtf?

Oh well my 07 tacoma is affected, if it means I get some new shit, aight, bring it on.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

September 30, 2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
OK, I basically ripped a coworkers head off for saying the same thing earlier today. I asked him if he had ever been in a near death situation and he said -pause- 'Yes'. I didn't press but I'm sure whatever he was talking about would not be considered 'near death' by most. This guy is a typical needle dick know it all. He was saying that 'most people are idiots'. Can that be true if human intelligence falls under anything resembling a bell curve? I guess it could be if you place the idiot level to the right of center. This guy, for example, has a photographic memory but he also has one of the worse cases of halitosis I've ever encountered and nobody likes him. Who's the idiot? I digress.

I have been in a few 'close calls', and I was lucky enough to have the clarity to react correctly, otherwise I wouldn't be here busting your balls today. Who's to say that the next time I won't be so lucky?

So what if the car was a push start, what would you do then, rocket scientist? You don't have time to google, you don't have much time to react. The answer is, you hold down the button for 3 seconds. What if it were a loaner car and you were generally unfamiliar with it? Oh, ok I'll throw it into neutral... too late.

Sit here and quarterback the death of an entire family if you like. I hope you can rise to the occasion if ever need be.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
Unread
  (#9)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

September 30, 2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
OK, I basically ripped a coworkers head off for saying the same thing earlier today. I asked him if he had ever been in a near death situation and he said -pause- 'Yes'. I didn't press but I'm sure whatever he was talking about would not be considered 'near death' by most. This guy is a typical needle dick know it all. He was saying that 'most people are idiots'. Can that be true if human intelligence falls under anything resembling a bell curve? I guess it could be if you place the idiot level to the right of center. This guy, for example, has a photographic memory but he also has one of the worse cases of halitosis I've ever encountered and nobody likes him. Who's the idiot? I digress.

I have been in a few 'close calls', and I was lucky enough to have the clarity to react correctly, otherwise I wouldn't be here busting your balls today. Who's to say that the next time I won't be so lucky?

So what if the car was a push start, what would you do then, rocket scientist? You don't have time to google, you don't have much time to react. The answer is, you hold down the button for 3 seconds. What if it were a loaner car and you were generally unfamiliar with it? Oh, ok I'll throw it into neutral... too late.

Sit here and quarterback the death of an entire family if you like. I hope you can rise to the occasion if ever need be.
...they had enough time to call 911 and get a state trooper on their ass

look, i'm not saying what happened was not a tragedy, because it was.

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#10)
Ton Up!

October 1, 2009, 12:03 AM

Well, this is why in all sorts of training (regardless of field or purpose) maintaining a cool head in a problematic situation is top priority.

It should be a habit to familiarize yourself with whatever machine you find yourself piloting, especially one that you haul your precious cargo in.

Every engine driven machine has a kill switch, whether it's a motorcycles big red kill switch or the ignition switch of a car, there's always a way to kill the engine quickly...i think that's a DOT requirement....don't quote me on that

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#11)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 1, 2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post

Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

October 1, 2009, 07:45 AM

putting the car in N while driving will totally Fuck the transmission, but it will save your life. Turning the key off and you lose steering (power steering). and yes I know how power steering works.

So do you throw it in neutral, and hope that someone can prove that the accelerator stuck and you wont be billed for a new engine (although youll probably survive the out of control vehicle) or take a chance with no steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#13)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 1, 2009, 07:48 AM

I have definitely had my floor mat pin the accelerator on my '86 Camaro. I call it driver error and sure as shit wouldn't expect Chevy to have done a recall on a floor mat. Ah, how times have changed.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Your Ad Here

October 1, 2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:

I was listening the to Donnie Simpson show on the way to work this morning and they played the 911 call right up until the crash and the phone got cut off.

You could definitely tell by the guys voice and speech patterns along with his passenger's, that they were all mentally disabled / special needs individuals.

Sickening to hear him freaking and pleading - saying the car had no brakes the brakes went out, then him freaking because he was coming to an intersection, all of them and the lady screaming as they went through it, the rustle and folding of the impact -- and then silence.

RIP
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
The last urrbendah

October 1, 2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95 View Post
putting the car in N while driving will totally Fuck the transmission, but it will save your life.
Not exactly. Towing the vehicle for an extended period of time with the drive wheels on the ground in neutral will. Knocking it into N for a short period of time will not have much of an effect.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.